Thurman Thomas - Traitor or Opportunist?

I was at the Tampa Bay Lightning - Buffalo Sabres game last night. At the beginning of the game, they announced Thurman Thomas as the honorary "Let's Play Some Hockey" guy. They intro'd him as the "legendary Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame running back and he was wearing a Lightning game jersey!

I remember a couple of years ago when he was at all the Sabres games and professing just how much he loved the Sabres. I believe his buddy was Derek Roy if I'm not mistaken.

Probably nothing big, but just kind of odd. I think he has a second house in Orlando and was likely in town for Super Bowl week festivities. I guess when you're invited by a team, you've got to wear their colors. I was expecting something a bit more clever, maybe one of those 50/50 jerseys.

Whatever he did, he jinxed the Sabres who has previously won seven straight in Tampa! :D

The game was in Tampa and he wore a Lightning jersey? What is the issue? Are we to ban him from Buffalo from now on? I thought only people in Cleveland made a big deal about this stuff (Lebron in a Yankee hat). I would be something else if he showed up when the Bills played in Tampa and he wore a Buccaneers jersey, not that it would be life threatening, but he wouldn't do it anyway I don't think.

I heard Thurman on GR earlier in the week, saying he was going to both Sabres games in Florida (Panthers and Bolts). So that right there tells me where his allegence lies. I believe he has a home there still. He has spoken many times, over the years, of his love of the Sabres... he was good friends with former Sabre, Dixon Ward.

I am sure he is a Sabres fan. Being a celebrity of sorts, I am sure he was asked by the Tampa Bay franchise to participate in their promotion, and I am sure they "took care" of him, for his efforts. He couldn't very well wear a Sabres jersey for the Lightenings' promotion, could he? Lighten up! I have seen Thurman at a Sabres game, with a Sabres cap on...don't tell the Lightening though, they will be pissed!

Don't tell anyone, but I have been to numerous Bills games in other citys. While I always wear Bills gear at the game, I normally make it a point to pick up some sort of souveneer of the other team. I love the Bills, but I love the league as well... Thurman has been seen at minor league hockey games here in Texas, so I think he really likes hockey!

I was at the Tampa Bay Lightning - Buffalo Sabres game last night. At the beginning of the game, they announced Thurman Thomas as the honorary "Let's Play Some Hockey" guy. They intro'd him as the "legendary Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame running back and he was wearing a Lightning game jersey!

I remember a couple of years ago when he was at all the Sabres games and professing just how much he loved the Sabres. I believe his buddy was Derek Roy if I'm not mistaken.

Probably nothing big, but just kind of odd. I think he has a second house in Orlando and was likely in town for Super Bowl week festivities. I guess when you're invited by a team, you've got to wear their colors. I was expecting something a bit more clever, maybe one of those 50/50 jerseys.

Whatever he did, he jinxed the Sabres who has previously won seven straight in Tampa! :D

Definately nothing big.