The Funniest Lyric Screwup You've Heard Or Made.

Steely Dan

A few years ago my sister, brother and I were traveling somewhere and the song "You're So Vain" came on the radio and he started singing to it.

You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht

Your hat strategically dipped below one eye

Your scarfit was apricot

You had one eye in the mirvarant you watched yourself go by.

And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner

They'd be your partner, and...

My sister and I jumped on the scarfit thing.

"What the hell are you talking about. "

"What? You're scarfit was apricot?"

"What's a scarfit?"

"I don't know. A thing that goes around your neck"

(Big laughter from us! :blush: )

"It's your scarf it was apricot."

(my brother now embarrassed.) WELL DID YOU KNOW WHAT A MIVIRANT WAS BEFORE YOU HEARD THAT SONG!?!

:oops: "What the hell is a mivarant"

"It's a type of mirror I think"

:nana: "It's you had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte"

I have to admit I thought it was go by instead of gavotte but my sister knew that.

:lol:

I heard somebody's version of Hendrix: Purple Haze...Excuse me while I kiss this guy :blush::oops:

Michael Winslow (the sound effects guy from the Police Academy movies) was in one of the Cheech and Chong movies as a guy in the nuthouse who thought he was Hendrix. In the movie he sang

" Puple Haze all in my brain

What's this Negro doing on the stage?

Acting funny, but I dont know why

Excuse me while I eat this fly."

In the ACDC song Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap), I always thought the line went "Dirty Deeds with the Dunder Chief"

I remember someone I knew singing that song thinking it was dirty deeds done with sheep :blush:

Another one that I've caught numerous people on is Bad Moon Rising by Creedance. "There's a bad moon on the rise" seems to always get confused with "There's a bathroom on the right."

I remember someone I knew singing that song thinking it was dirty deeds done with sheep :blush:

Another one that I've caught numerous people on is Bad Moon Rising by Creedance. "There's a bad moon on the rise" seems to always get confused with "There's a bathroom on the right."

I saw someone do that at Karaoke, cracked me up.

When my daughter was real young, "Pretty Woman" came on the radio and she sang along out loud. When the part came along, Pretty woman, the kind I'd like to meet, she sang, "pretty woman, kinda like me."

:oops:

I don't have one off the top of my head but I do remember when I played in a garage band in the 70's one of the hardest things was trying to figure out lyrics of songs. We'd play the record over and over trying to figure out what the hell they said. It's amazing we ever survived without the internet.

I don't have one off the top of my head but I do remember when I played in a garage band in the 70's one of the hardest things was trying to figure out lyrics of songs. We'd play the record over and over trying to figure out what the hell they said. It's amazing we ever survived without the internet.

So true. Sheet music used to save us a bit Sometimes go sneak a look at the music store without making a purchase.

You wouldn't have been able to play Zepplin's Carouselambra. :blush:

I remember someone I knew singing that song thinking it was dirty deeds done with sheep :huh:

Dirty deeds and they're done with Sheep....

My wife still sings....She was a fax machine, She kept her motor clean...

Listening to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, "but there's booze in the blender" and my daughter (6 at the time) looks at me with shock and horror and says, boobs in the blender?!?!

As a small kid I sang "looking for my lost shenkers involved" What are shenkers? If anyone finds out let me know.