Ken Whisenhunt

zow2

Everyone once in a while I'd hear him being interviewed on a pregame show or Jim Rome or whatever. I tell ya, this guy is well spoken, quick and smart. He gets it. What a great hire by Arizona and it paid dividends. We always hear how smart Jauron is, but he never articulates anything. Whisenhunt is just a great coach imo. Some of his moves are impressive this year and ballsy...

- Arizona led the league in penalties last year so this season he benched players that made stupid mistakes and cost the team penalty yardage.

- Needed to motivate Edgerrin James so he started a 5th round rookie RB (Tim Hightower) and put Edge in the doghouse. now James has come back strong for the playoff run.

- Never wavered to the pressure and made Warner the starter from game 1 over Leinhart.

- surrounded himself with some excellent coordinators.

Everyone once in a while I'd hear him being interviewed on a pregame show or Jim Rome or whatever. I tell ya, this guy is well spoken, quick and smart. He gets it. What a great hire by Arizona and it paid dividends. We always hear how smart Jauron is, but he never articulates anything. Whisenhunt is just a great coach imo. Some of his moves are impressive this year and ballsy...

- Arizona led the league in penalties last year so this season he benched players that made stupid mistakes and cost the team penalty yardage.

- Needed to motivate Edgerrin James so he started a 5th round rookie RB (Tim Hightower) and put Edge in the doghouse. now James has come back strong for the playoff run.

- Never wavered to the pressure and made Warner the starter from game 1 over Leinhart.

You like the coach that took a team out of nowhere to the Super Bowl. No thanks I'll stick with Jauron. WIth Jauron you get stability. Has there been a more consistent team then the Bills the past 3 years?

Another Dud move by TD....TD could have got Wisenhunt, but he chose to go with Mike Mularkey who was going to be fired as the OC for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Wisenhunt has brought in the attitude change to the ever losing cardinals, something no coaches have been able to do here since the departure of Levy.

Also, did anyone else notice how calm and collected he stayed when Arizona, up 21-6 and on fire, got the short kick that never went out but was ruled OB on the field and was unchallengeable? Even Dick Jauron might have come out of his comatose state after something like that but Whisenhunt just seemed to say to his guys "nothing we can do boys just get out there and keep doing what we're doing." No whining no complaining, just got the explanation from the ref and took it like a man. Not to mention his young team lost a big lead during the NFC Championship and was able to put together a great drive to take it back. Very impressive

- Didn't have to deal w/ Ralph Wilson...

Yes, I agree with all of that. Rosevelt Colvin made a good point this morning on the Herd. He said that each NFL team has talent, but the true difference maker is the coaching.

Tough players helps. Hard not to be impressed with Warner. He has taken some big shots in the playoffs.

I haven't seem him take any big shots that he could see coming. He'll get rid of the ball in a heartbeat to avoid contact.

He's a good QB but I don't think I've ever heard him referred to as tough.

TD could have got Wisenhunt, but he chose to go with Mike Mularkey who was going to be fired

Mularkey wanted to bring him in as his offensive coordinator and TD nixed that idea

Wow, lots of imaginary scenarios and idle speculation in this thread.

Yes, I agree with all of that. Rosevelt Colvin made a good point this morning on the Herd. He said that each NFL team has talent, but the true difference maker is the coaching.

Thank you! Would anyone expect a company with bad management but good employees to do well? This point is so painfully obvious, it hurts.

He won 2 more games than the Bills in the worst division in the NFL. If they are in any other division, they don't even make the playoffs. It is a good story, but this guy isn't some mastermind. Their team just got hot at the right time and had a HOF QB.

That may be true, however the Cards are going to the SB and the Bills have another year of "Jauron Continuity" to look forward to. Who cares how you get there as long as you're there?

Also, did anyone else notice how calm and collected he stayed when Arizona, up 21-6 and on fire, got the short kick that never went out but was ruled OB on the field and was unchallengeable? Even Dick Jauron might have come out of his comatose state after something like that but Whisenhunt just seemed to say to his guys "nothing we can do boys just get out there and keep doing what we're doing." No whining no complaining, just got the explanation from the ref and took it like a man. Not to mention his young team lost a big lead during the NFC Championship and was able to put together a great drive to take it back. Very impressive

The difference there is that Whisenhunt may have actually said something to his players. Jauron would just exert more pressure on his closed lips while looking straight ahead and not blinking.

That may be true, however the Cards are going to the SB and the Bills have another year of "Jauron Continuity" to look forward to. Who cares how you get there as long as you're there?

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten".

Anthony Robbins

I haven't seem him take any big shots that he could see coming. He'll get rid of the ball in a heartbeat to avoid contact.

He's a good QB but I don't think I've ever heard him referred to as tough.

Wow, lots of imaginary scenarios and idle speculation in this thread.

I don't necessarily agree with the premise of this thread either. Liking Whisenhunt is rather easy now with where he and his team is presently. How did everyone feel about him when they stunk it out down the stretch? Yes, they weren't playing for anything, but that was no way to head into the playoffs. Amazing how the light came on.

To be fair, Aikman refered to the toughness of Warner often last weekend. He said you could hit him, but you won't rattle him. Like you said, getting rid of the ball quickly is his savior. I believe his QB rating was better than 100 when blitzed, tops in the league (according to the telecast). And you KNOW he took many hits after releasing that futball.