Could Evans ..all things being equal..

Tcali

I don't understand why people think our QB should be able to throw in those conditions <_< I would like to see a rundown of all other NFL QB's stats in 4 MPH wind.

And while your at it don't forget that our QB has had to play in the worst weather in franchise history three times. Dome boy Manning plays with a 0 MPH wind every week.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And while your at it don't forget that our QB has had to play in the worst weather in franchise history three times. Dome boy Manning plays with a 0 MPH wind every week.

Excellent point - dome boy plays in the worst weather in franchise history every week!

Take that, Edwards fanboys!

Santana Moss and Lee Evans are the same...They dominate a game once in a while and then completely disappear from most of the others.

This is true of receivers in general. They are subject to how they are gameplanned against, how the playcalling and flow of the game go, etc. I don't think Lee is in that top-5 elite category, but his value will not be known without a more consistant performance from the O and seeing if once in a while he can run across the middle of the field. I still think that Turk and Trent are more responsible for Lee's occasional disappearance than he is, and I hope this gets fixed soon.

This is true of receivers in general. They are subject to how they are gameplanned against, how the playcalling and flow of the game go, etc. I don't think Lee is in that top-5 elite category, but his value will not be known without a more consistant performance from the O and seeing if once in a while he can run across the middle of the field. I still think that Turk and Trent are more responsible for Lee's occasional disappearance than he is, and I hope this gets fixed soon.

That is insane to blame it on Trent or Turk...Both have been with Lee Evans only for one season whereas Evans has been here in Buffalo for 4+ seasons. Whatever you say about coaches, Lee has not been able to provide the confidence or leadership for the team to come back when they are down.

dominate a game like Fitzgerald did??

I don't think so. He's too small.

Well, since your thread title says "all things being equal" that means if Evans had the same size, desire, hands etc. as Fitzgerald then the answer would be of course, they are equal.

But, your answer indicates that all things are not equal. Evans doesn't have the same talent, desire & size to compare to Fitzg. Evans is a good player, Fitzgerald is a great player.

Evans is a very good WR, he's not a game changer. While we should appreciate what he can do, we need to not blow him out of proportion to his skills. Maybe Hardy will develop into something in a year or so

At least this year, Evans didn't show the ability to get open consistantly or go up and fight for balls. Honestly, I'm surprised he got 1,000 yards this year. I think his motivation has dropped off.

The problem is that we don't have a solid offensive line, nor do we have a hall of fame QB. Evans at his best isn't close to Fitzgerald or Boldin's caliber. On the line, right tackle may be an even bigger problem than center- you might mention that Walker was our best lineman....thats a major problem. If he is your best lineman, then 7-9 is overachieving.

And everyone is so high on our defense....smoke and mirrors. What did our defense really do other than just outlast opposing offenses. You may not want to admit it, but coaching was a much bigger strength than talent was.

If I were a great speedy WR it would drive me insane to have a QB like trent floating puffballs --and not able to rifle the ball in from long distance. --I think Trent will be a good QB---but it must take its toll on a big play WR.

What amazes me is how wide open Fitz was with no Boldin on the field against Philly's defense and why can't the Bills devise a scheme to get Lee Evans open like that.

That's because Fitz runs by, around or through the secondary. Anything in the air near him is almost a guaranteed catch. The guy is just incredible.

Pro Bowler? He's a class below these guys: Johnson, Johnson, Fitz, Moss, Smith, Welker, Marshall, Boldin, Wayne, Ward, Holt, and Hush. There are even better pass catching TEs than Evans in Gonzalez, Witten, Clark, Gates, and Cooley.

It's funny that all the guys you listed except Calvin and Andre Johnson have really good #2 receviers, some you ever put on your list. Evans has Josh Reed.

P.S. What in the world is Holt doing on that lsit???

Not knocking Fitz because he's and all-world WR and a perrenial Pro Bowler, but if Evans played opposite Q, he'd put up the same numbers. Evans could dominate games, but he needs a QB to get him the ball and a good WR opposite to keep defenses honest.

You've gotta be kidding me.

Do you even watch football and see how guys like Fitz and Steve Smith go after the football whether it's a bad pass or something that's thrown perfectly to them?

If Evans played opposite of "Q", the only thing that would happen is that "Q's" stats would go up. I don't know why it's so hard for people here to just realize that Evans is a good WR, but he's not a superstar. You can tell by watching him.

Guys like Fitzy and Smith make things happen............guys like Evans sometimes are the happening WR because everything goes perfect during the play. I'm not even sure Evan's fantastic helmet catch would be in Fitzgeralds top five plays.

Evans is not Fitzy, never will be. Ever. That's not really a bad thing. I just can't come to grips why Bills fans can't deal with it. Evans is still good.

By the way, Fitzy had 20 receptions, for 362 yards and 6 TD's in 3 1/2 games while "Q" was out this year. And I'm positive he most likely received more attention than Evans in the opponents gameplan.