That Hit On McGahee Was SICK.....

sven233

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bannan, Willis and Jim Leonard you could keep them Baltimore! If they lose all 3 Ray Ray, T. Suggs and Bart Scott, or 2 out of the 3, buh bye ravens for the next few years. Well just what I projected I said Cardinals vs Steelers in the super bowl, go bills in 09 and BEAST MODE!

Made more plays then most on our defense. I say send them back over. Bannan I think would go well with Stroud. Leonard just needed to be on the right team....When did you predict Card Vs Steelers? This weekend? If so bold move taking both home teams.....way to go out on a limb!

As much as I dislike him, I really hope he is OK.

First of all, why no penalty? Pretty obvious by the sound of the

two helmets smacking it should have been a penalty, even if the

refs did not see the hit.

And if it is helmet to helmet and is a penalty

and causes the fumble, shouldn't the fumble not count?

As an aside, Big Ben just threw the ball away and curled upwith two

defenders in his face that looked like they were going to exact some

revenge on the McGahee hit.

Helmet to helmet applies to QBs and receivers coming down with the ball as they are vulnerable stationary targets.

A defender running at full steam chasing down a ball carrier running full steam are occasionally going to meet helmet to helmet

Come on, nobody deserves that! Don't forget not too long ago that was one of us!

Your right no body deserves it, but as they say Karma is a B___, He could still be a buffalo bill but his mouth ran him self out. So in a slight bit I feel bad, but same goes for Tom Brady, I feel bad but nothing we can do.

Helmet to helmet applies to QBs and receivers coming down with the ball as they are vulnerable stationary targets.

A defender running at full steam chasing down a ball carrier running full steam are occasionally going to meet helmet to helmet

Doesn't leading with the helmet, which that was, count as a penalty?

Probably will get a league fine for that one.

BTW, love the sig.

Come on, nobody deserves that! Don't forget not too long ago that was one of us!

only on a part-time basis...not like he actually put any effort into helping us win...spent all offseason down at the U with the other thugs. It definitely looks to be more serious an injury than he deserves, though....maybe a broken leg or some torn up ligaments

Like him or not that was a sickening hit. To see him on the ground with involuntary flexion contractions of his arms is suggestive of a C-spine injury. Thank God he was moving his arms and legs. It was like Kevin Everett all over again. I'm going to bet he has some C-spine fractures and his career is over. Here's praying he has no permanent disability. Get well Willis. My prayers are with you.

Doesn't leading with the helmet, which that was, count as a penalty?

Probably will get a league fine for that one.

BTW, love the sig.

Leading with the helmet is a penalty. But Clark wasn't leading with the helmet, both were running full steam towards each other and the helmet happened to be the point of contact

Helmet rule (2006):

using any part of a player’s helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/“hairline” parts)

or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily; although such

violent or unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent,

game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those

players who are in virtually defenseless postures (e.g., a player in the act of or just after

throwing a pass, a receiver catching or attempting to catch a pass, a runner already in the

grasp of a tackler, a kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air, or a player

on the ground at the end of a play). All players in virtually defenseless postures are protected

by the same prohibitions against use of the helmet and facemask that are described

in the roughing-the-passer rules (see Article 11, subsection 3 below of this

Rule 12, Section 2);

Helmet Rule as of 2006

Goodell Warning Re Use of Helmet

Leading with the helmet is a penalty. But Clark wasn't leading with the helmet, both were running full steam towards each other and the helmet happened to be the point of contact

In other words, leading with the helmet. He dove forward with his arms at his side. He will be fined.

Clean hit. I don't like McGahee so I'm not going to pretend like I give a damn. It was the most entertaining part of the game, by far. Well that, and them showing the Polomalu replay about 11 times in a row and pretending like they weren't giving him any special treatment or anything.

There should be a fine for a helmet-to-helmet hit.

PTR

It wasn't helmet to helmet IMO. He lead with his shoulder and it was such a violent hit the helmets met.

Well I'm happy to see the ravens being knocked out, because of Willis McGahee, but that hit he took was pretty vicious. Ouch! I have a slight feeling of feeling bad, but at the same time the @$$ whole deserved to get knocked up.

:flirt:

Nobody deserves that. It's a game, only a game.

What game are you watching?

The same one I saw.

Like him or not that was a sickening hit. To see him on the ground with involuntary flexion contractions of his arms is suggestive of a C-spine injury. Thank God he was moving his arms and legs. It was like Kevin Everett all over again. I'm going to bet he has some C-spine fractures and his career is over. Here's praying he has no permanent disability. Get well Willis. My prayers are with you.

I was holding my breath and thinking all about Kevin Everett. Thank God his hands and legs were moving. I'm hoping it was just a stinger.

Exactly. <_<

Brian Dawkins does worse on every single play. nothing will come of this.

You mean Dawkins leaves a quivering opposing player that has to get carted off the field on every play. I must have missed those games.

He didn't lead with his shoulder no matter what anyone says. The reverse angle showed it clearly. He led with his head. His head made first contact with MacGahee's head. His arms were at his side. His only intention was to hit him with his head as hard as he could.

Clean hit. I don't like McGahee so I'm not going to pretend like I give a damn. It was the most entertaining part of the game, by far. Well that, and them showing the Polomalu replay about 11 times in a row and pretending like they weren't giving him any special treatment or anything.

Why would you be so cold regarding a players health? This is a final season game and it is not like he is in our division and this is mid-season and we need a break to catch up and even then: the game isn't that serious;what an A-hole you are!

The Polamalu pick return?

I found it irritating that every time they showed the replay, Nantz was gushing about Ed Reed. In the biggest game of the year, I saw a lot of Polamalu today and no Ed Reed.

It wasn't helmet to helmet IMO. He lead with his shoulder and it was such a violent hit the helmets met.

So what you're saying is that it wasn't a helmet-to-helmet hit but that it was a shoulder hit so violent that helmets hit anyway? <_<

They just showed it on TV again. If you think it wasn't an intentional helmet hit, you are in denial.

PTR

So what you're saying is that it wasn't a helmet-to-helmet hit but that it was a shoulder hit so violent that helmets hit anyway? <_<

They just showed it on TV again. If you think it wasn't an intentional helmet hit, you are in denial.

PTR

No, I'm posting from Rochester. Not Egypt.

:flirt: