I think vandalism and larceny should be punishable by death

JoeFerguson

so, uhhhh....

what happened?

Parked in the street, rear passenger side quarter panel glass smashed.

They got my Christmas present GPS. I foolishly left the suction cup windshield mount exposed and in view, not suctioned to the windshield, but in my cup holder. I am to blame, but I just wish thieves would face their victims.

Parked in the street, rear passenger side quarter panel glass smashed.

They got my Christmas present GPS. I foolishly left the suction cup windshield mount exposed and in view, not suctioned to the windshield, but in my cup holder. I am to blame, but I just wish thieves would face their victims.

That sucks ... sorry to hear your news.

We need to be able to plug our cars in somehow to put a high voltage electrical charge through them. I knew a guy who did that to his floor freezer before. People were stealing meat out of it at night.

Anyway, I remember that punk in Singapore and the human cry from everyone here on how inhumane it was. Including slick Willy.

What you need is a car that explodes when the window is broken. That'd fix 'em!

Personally, I prefer the ear-drum piercing siren - on a 3-second delay so they're in the car when it goes off, combined with a cyanide gas canister.

(Had my windows broken regularly when I lived in Boston and had to park on Comm Ave every night.)

Close enough - lived in Back Bay at 186 Comm (btwn Dartmouth & Exeter) - if you just strolled the streets you could see all the little piles of glass next to the parking spots. :wallbash:

That sucks. I wouldn't have guessed there was so much of that in the heart of the Back Bay.

My mother in law lives on Comm Ave back in Newton so we've been up there a lot the past few years.

That sucks. I wouldn't have guessed there was so much of that in the heart of the Back Bay.

My mother in law lives on Comm Ave back in Newton so we've been up there a lot the past few years.

Yeah, not to sound too 'SKOOBY-like', but if you're good and if your fast, you can just work your way down Comm Ave and back up Marlboro and find rows and rows of BMWs (break my window) and Mercedes with expensive car stereos to pluck.

Newton is a very nice area - I would guess things are a bit quieter and more civil there.