Video on Orapko

JJBuffalo

Unfortunately that video doesn't show me anything to judge whether he'll be a good DE in the pros. Everybody can drill the QB when they are free on the blind side, but how's his footwork? How's he react to double teams? Does he have a tendency to over pursue? How often does he get penetration on 3d and 1? I wish draft videos would focus on stuff that matters.

Unfortunately that video doesn't show me anything to judge whether he'll be a good DE in the pros. Everybody can drill the QB when they are free on the blind side, but how's his footwork? How's he react to double teams? Does he have a tendency to over pursue? How often does he get penetration on 3d and 1? I wish draft videos would focus on stuff that matters.

Consider the McSource! ESPN promoting a BCS athlete? GASP!

If we don't get him, I definitely think we could get Brown or Johnson. The combine will show a lot as well. THis video, while he's a beast in the gym, doesn't show me too much. Look at Gholston. He was deemed a "workout warrior" and I don't even think I saw him play one snap this year. He still might be good, but we need someone to make an immediate impact. Draft a DE, then TE and sign Matt Birk

The best evaluation of NFL Draft players I've ever seen are the ones at nfldraftcountdown.com They watch the guys all through Senior Bowl week in Mobile,AL. They have been right on in most of their observations.

http://nfldraft.footballjabber.com/story.p...-brian-orakpo-1

If this monster falls to 11, we better grab him.

monster are you kidding me. did you see him play at all this year? did you see him in the bowl game last week. i.ve been saying all along this guy hasn't shown me anything.

yesterday pat kirwin and tim ryan were commenting on him Kirwin basically said he does not see what all the hype is about the guy either. basically he said he was not very impressed with the kid @ all and just didnt see the production and athletic ability. said he's a nice player definitely not a top 15 or 20 guy and quoting him "he's definatly not a dwight freeny".

i dont know what you guys are seeing that i am missing because i said the same thing as kirwin here last week before he made his comments.

I'm a little skeptic with defensive players, coming out of the university of Texas, or any player coming out of that school. But it will all determine what he does in the combine. I think Everette Brown will probably be the better fit, But it will depend on what our front office, will decide to do i.e. Donte Whitner in 2006? But he's been better than the player, that was taken before him at the same position Michael Huff. Also out of Texas, so maybe Orakpo won't fall to us, I say he'll either go to Green Bay or San Fran.