Tim Tebow

Alphadawg7

He's taking a risk for sure. His draft stock will ostensibly never be higher than it is now. He'll need to win the Heisman and championship game, and seen an equally weak or weaker QB draft class (that's almost impossible) next year to be in a better situation.

He's taking a risk for sure. His draft stock will ostensibly never be higher than it is now. He'll need to win the Heisman and championship game, and seen an equally weak or weaker QB draft class (that's almost impossible) next year to be in a better situation.

Or maybe he knows that NFL scouts realize (unlike the average fan), that nobody is drafting him as a QB.

Or maybe he knows that NFL scouts realize (unlike the average fan), that nobody is drafting him as a QB.

I think is a big factor of why he is returning...he probably hopes to show growth as a passer in hope to raise the chances to be drafted and groomed as a QB at the next level...

I think is a big factor of why he is returning...he probably hopes to show growth as a passer in hope to raise the chances to be drafted and groomed as a QB at the next level...

Agreed...he actually has a better arm than I gave him credit for. Some of the throws he made against Oklahoma were pretty solid and accurate among tight coverage.

That's most likely it...everyone who puts in to explore forgoing their senior year gets an evaluation from independent scouts placing them where they likely would end up in the draft. Tebow must not have liked what he heard...

Or maybe they know this is going to be the last year in his life that people think he's really good. :( He may as well enjoy the cheers and adulation while he can.

He will, likely, never have this much fun again, in his life. His family is relatively well off, so they don't need the money, right away. And, if he's smart, he will take the year to further work on his mechanics (he has made a lot of progress from where he was two years ago.)

He was probably told he would be a 2nd-3rd round pick. Why not take the shot to be a better QB and help his stock?

I'd imagine that's what he's thinking. If he's not a QB, when's he getting drafted, 6th round, 7th? Never? Hardly hitting the lottery at any rate. Might as well stay in school and hope to improve or at the very least enjoy another big college season and get your degree so you can get a job.

Tebow should stay. He has a chance to win a second Heisman and a third national championship.

It's the right choice. Whether or not he makes it in the NFL is another question, but I think it would be great if a team that is eventually going to need a QB (i.e., the Saints or the Panthers) to take a flyer at him next year.

Right now, let him concentrate on trying to become the greatest college player ever.

I'd imagine that's what he's thinking. If he's not a QB, when's he getting drafted, 6th round, 7th? Never? Hardly hitting the lottery at any rate. Might as well stay in school and hope to improve or at the very least enjoy another big college season and get your degree so you can get a job.

His likely draft spot, according to some of the analysts was 2nd to 3rd round, this year.

Or maybe they know this is going to be the last year in his life that people think he's really good. :( He may as well enjoy the cheers and adulation of hot college babes while he can.

Agreed. :lol:

I doubt this stops the draft Tebow discussion. It merely delays it another year

I doubt it even delays it. We still have posts saying we should get this coach or that coach. We still have posts saying we should get this player or that player regardless of them not being FAs. No reason whatsoever to think people wouldn't say we should draft a player that's not in the draft.

I doubt it even delays it. We still have posts saying we should get this coach or that coach. We still have posts saying we should get this player or that player regardless of them not being FAs. No reason whatsoever to think people wouldn't say we should draft a player that's not in the draft.

:( Reality doesn't dissuade many posters here from making absurd statements, predictions and wishes.

Tebow strikes me as the kind of kid who isn't overly concerned about cashola.