H2o Draft With Trades

H2o

1. Detroit Lions- Matthew Stafford / QB / Georgia. Everyone knows that Detroit is building from the ground up and they don't have a QB they truly believe in right now. Stafford has an NFL arm, but does he have the NFL mental make-up. I think that the Wonderlic Test will decide whether this is him or Bradford. Bradford could also choose to stay at Oklahoma. Right now, I say Stafford.

2. St. Louis Rams- Andre Smith / OT / Alabama. The other day I said Maualuga, but Astrobot is right. Andre Smith will be the guy that St. Louis takes here. After looking at all of the #'s and videos, I'd say he's the top LT in the draft. Better than Oher, Monroe, or Smith. St. Louis needs a guy to protect their QB's blindside and Smith looks like the real deal.

3. Oakland Raiders from Kansas City- Michael Crabtree / WR / Texas Tech. Oakland and Al Davis want Crabtree, bad. They don't see him making it to them at #7. They give up their 2nd to move up and get him.

4. Seattle Seahawks- Percy Harvin / WR / Florida. Oakland moved up to get Crabtree. That was Seattle's guy they would've taken at #4. Instead, they get a guy who can make an impact in more areas than just the passing game. Harvin will be their return man and starting WR opposite Deion Branch. Pretty good 1, 2 punch if you ask me.

5. Cleveland Browns- Malcom Jenkins / CB / Ohio St. Some people say they go Curry here, but I think they start rebuilding their secondary. Played for the local college and would be an instant fan favorite in Cleveland, kinda like Quinn just not to the same magnitude.

6. Cincinnatti Bengals- Michael Oher / OT / Ole Miss. A couple of days ago I said Taylor Mays because of Marvin Lewis and his defensive wants, but Palmer has to be protected. Oher will be a good NFL OT for years to come.

7. Kansas City Chiefs from Oakland Raiders- Brian Orakpo / DE / Texas. Tamba Hali on one side and Orakpo on the other. He would also serve as the replacement to Jarred Allen. They would have an extremely young and athletic front. Hali, Dorsey, and Orakpo with Derrick Johnson playing MLB. Alot of people think that KC will be looking QB, but I think that Thigpen proved he can play this year and he'll only get better. Branden Albert's former UVA teamate Eugene Monroe is also a possiblity here too.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars- Eugene Monroe / OT / Virginia. Gerrard was hit more than any other QB in the league this season. Monroe will help, immediately.

9. Green Bay Packers- Everett Brown / DE / Florida St. Green Bay cuts out Bills fan's hearts with this pick. They take Brown to start opposite to Kampman. It will make their defense that much more effective with 2 viable pass rushers at the DE position.

10. San Francisco 49ers- Jeremy Macklin / WR / Missouri. They need some one to throw the ball to, bad. Macklin is a potential star in the making and would be a playmaker on offense and in the return game. Taylor Mays is a possibility here with Singletary and his defensive thinking, but the offense needs more help than their defense right now.

11. Buffalo Bills Taylor Mays / S / USC. Some people will hate the pick, but the guy is a freak. Whitner will now be the starting FS and Mays will be the SS. He WILL strike fear into WR's and TE's coming across the middle of the field. He will also be immediate support to the run defense also. You won't see him getting barrelled over by anyone. We'll look to trade down, but there is no takers at this point.

12. Denver Broncos- Knowshon Moreno / RB / Georgia. Denver doesn't really have a real starter at RB right now. Moreno is probably the best one in the draft. Beanie Wells is an option here, but I think they'll go with Moreno. They've had good luck with UGA RB's in Denver. Moreno's skill set and style reminds me of a young LT.

13. Washington Redskins- Jason Smith / OT / Baylor. He's a very athletic OT and will be a good addition to the Skins OL that was decimated by injury this year. May not be the starter out of the gate, but could end up beig the starting RT by the end of the year.

14. New Orleans Saints- Duke Robinson / OG / Oklahoma. The best OG in the draft by far. He had some mental lapses and got benched against Florida, but it doesn't overshadow his body of work there. He could've just partied too much the nights before the game, who knows. He's a great pro prospect.

15. Houston Texans- William Moore / S / Missouri. They need a play maker on defense and they'll get one in their secondary with Moore. One of the real impact players in the draft. One of the TBDers called him Shawn Taylor reincarnate. I don't know if I'd say that, but he's not too far from it.

16. San Diego Chargers Aaron Curry / ILB / Wake Forrest. Upon further review, and some help from a friend, I remembered Curry. The guy is a tackling machine like Patrick Willis and will be much better of a fit for SD than Maualuga (whom I had here at first). Thanks to BobDVA. :lol:

17. New York Jets- Beanie Wells / RB / Ohio St. Thomas Jones is 30 and won't be around too much longer. He's comng off of a great year, but he's about done. Wells is a Jamal Lewis type of RB with GOOD speed. He'll be prepped to take Jones' role. After 30, you don't know what you're going to get from a RB. He could be nothing next season, kinda like Curtis Martin.

18. Chicago Bears- Darrius Heyward-Bey / WR / Maryland. The Bears have Devin Hester and Brandon Lloyd. That's it. They have Olsen who'll be great for years to come, but they need a WR. This guy is fast as lightening and posesses great size. I think the Bears get themselves a difference maker right here.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Gerald McCoy / DT / Oklahoma. Riding the wave after his big BCS Title performance he'll be taken by Tampa to help their interior. Lord knows they need it.

20. Detroit Lions from Dallas- Ciron Black / OT / LSU. He'll be an immediate starter on the Lions OL. Not as highly touted as some of the other prospects, but is still very solid and a good pickup at #20 in the first. Will probably play RT, but could be switched with Backus eventually.

21. Arizona Cardinals- Jermaine Gresham / TE / Oklahoma. Anquan Bolden, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston, and Jermaine Gresham. What do you do? Warner just might break Marino's single season yardage record. They don't really have a real threat at TE right now, but they will when they take Gresham. They wanted Wells, but he's gone. So why not beef up the receiving group that much more?

22. Philadelphia Eagles- Brandon Pettigrew / TE / Oklahoma St. Philly makes sure they get their TE. They were trying to deal for Winslow before the trade deadlin and they won't take the chance of some one else trading back into the first to get him. Some will say "It's too early," but not if it's a position you feel you need.

23. Minnesota Vikings- Alex Mack / C / California. Birk is gone and they'll be looking to the future. Their Pro Bowl replacement falls into their lap. Have a nice day.

24. New England Patriots- Brandon Spikes / ILB / Florida. The transition from old to young continues. With Mayo and Spikes, they'll have arguably the best ILB's of any 3-4 defense in the NFL. For years. I think they take Spikes over Maualuga because Spikes fits the mold that Belicheat is looking for.

25. Atlanta Falcons- Peria Jerry / DT / Ole Miss. Really emerged this year as a dominating force on the DL for Ole Miss. He had 18 TFL and 7 sacks from the DT spot this past season. He'll be a starter Week 1 in 2009 for Atlanta.

26. Miami Dolphins- Vontae Davis / CB / Illinois. They need help in the secondary and Davis will be their choice. He's the best CB after Jenkins. It's just that he's not the need of the other teams before Miami. He's very good in his change of direction and has a good burst when breaking on the ball. Has the potential to be great.

27. Baltimore Ravens- Tyson Jackson / DE / LSU. Fits the 3-4 mold and Pryce is getting old. He'd fit in great with that defense. He's made to play the DE positioin a 3-4. Has to be more consistent against the run though, but dont worry about that. Ray Lewis and the rest of those guys will whip him into shape for sure.

28. Philadelphia Eagles from Carolina- Herman Johnson / OG / LSU. The Eagles need a replacement for Andrews if he's not going to be there, but if he is then Johnson will play the opposite side.

29. Indianapolis Colts- Sen'Derrick Marks / DT / Auburn. They need a DT and he's a good one. They'll be to the poteum quick for this selection.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers- Eben Britton / OT / Arizona. Played great once switched to the LT position. The Steelers need OL help and this guy will provide it. Big Ben got hit more this season than he ever has. You don't want your $100 million dollar QB taking punishment like this. This will be the first step to correct that.

31. New York Giants - Clint Sintim / OLB / Virginia. The rich get richer. He'll play the SOLB position and is as disruptive as anyone you can think of. In comparison, he's a younger stronger version of Lance Briggs.

32. Tennessee Titans- Max Unger / C / Oregon. The second Center to go in round 1. Mawae is old and can't stay healthy for a full season anymore. Unger is ready to step in and play in the NFL and what better person to learn the position behind than Mawae.

All speculation of course, but makes sense to me anyway B-) I think we move up early in the 2nd to get Greg Hardy in a deal that involves Roscoe and a swapping of 2nd round picks with Seattle. :lol: What do you guys think? Oh, I think Bradford and Tebow are coming back to their respective colleges.

So in your draft, Cleveland does not take Curry. Dude, you left him out of the first round! I do believe a revision is in order.

That I did friend. Oh, well :lol: Hey, he could fall into the second. Stranger things have happened. Something could come up at the combine that might scare people off. You never know :lol: Or you could just move him to San Diego and Maualuga out of the 1st. B-)

11. Buffalo Bills - Jason Smith / OT / Baylor. He's a very athletic OT and will be a good addition to the Skins Bills OL that was decimated hurt by injury a lack of talent in two spots this year. May not be the starter out of the gate, but could end up being the starting RT by the end of the year.

FIXED.

11. Buffalo Bills - Jason Smith / OT / Baylor. He's a very athletic OT and will be a good addition to the Skins Bills OL that was decimated hurt by injury a lack of talent in two spots this year. May not be the starter out of the gate, but could end up being the starting RT by the end of the year.

FIXED.

good correction

Bills need to build the front 7 or OL

If Mays is on the board they almost have to take him. I wouldn't complain either!

This pick makes no sense only because Whitner cannot play FS. He has no nose for the ball--always two steps behind. What does he run--like a 5.2 40?* I prefer to resign Greer and move McGee to FS, keep slowpoke at SS where he can make tackles at the LOS. Draft Okafor or whatever that DE's name instead.

* :lol:

1. Detroit Lions- Matthew Stafford / QB / Georgia. Everyone knows that Detroit is building from the ground up and they don't have a QB they truly believe in right now. Stafford has an NFL arm, but does he have the NFL mental make-up. I think that the Wonderlic Test will decide whether this is him or Bradford. Bradford could also choose to stay at Oklahoma. Right now, I say Stafford.

2. St. Louis Rams- Andre Smith / OT / Alabama. The other day I said Maualuga, but Astrobot is right. Andre Smith will be the guy that St. Louis takes here. After looking at all of the #'s and videos, I'd say he's the top LT in the draft. Better than Oher, Monroe, or Smith. St. Louis needs a guy to protect their QB's blindside and Smith looks like the real deal.

3. Oakland Raiders from Kansas City- Michael Crabtree / WR / Texas Tech. Oakland and Al Davis want Crabtree, bad. They don't see him making it to them at #7. They give up their 2nd to move up and get him.

4. Seattle Seahawks- Percy Harvin / WR / Florida. Oakland moved up to get Crabtree. That was Seattle's guy they would've taken at #4. Instead, they get a guy who can make an impact in more areas than just the passing game. Harvin will be their return man and starting WR opposite Deion Branch. Pretty good 1, 2 punch if you ask me.

5. Cleveland Browns- Malcom Jenkins / CB / Ohio St. Some people say they go Curry here, but I think they start rebuilding their secondary. Played for the local college and would be an instant fan favorite in Cleveland, kinda like Quinn just not to the same magnitude.

6. Cincinnatti Bengals- Michael Oher / OT / Ole Miss. A couple of days ago I said Taylor Mays because of Marvin Lewis and his defensive wants, but Palmer has to be protected. Oher will be a good NFL OT for years to come.

7. Kansas City Chiefs from Oakland Raiders- Brian Orakpo / DE / Texas. Tamba Hali on one side and Orakpo on the other. He would also serve as the replacement to Jarred Allen. They would have an extremely young and athletic front. Hali, Dorsey, and Orakpo with Derrick Johnson playing MLB. Alot of people think that KC will be looking QB, but I think that Thigpen proved he can play this year and he'll only get better. Branden Albert's former UVA teamate Eugene Monroe is also a possiblity here too.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars- Eugene Monroe / OT / Virginia. Gerrard was hit more than any other QB in the league this season. Monroe will help, immediately.

9. Green Bay Packers- Everett Brown / DE / Florida St. Green Bay cuts out Bills fan's hearts with this pick. They take Brown to start opposite to Kampman. It will make their defense that much more effective with 2 viable pass rushers at the DE position.

10. San Francisco 49ers- Jeremy Macklin / WR / Missouri. They need some one to throw the ball to, bad. Macklin is a potential star in the making and would be a playmaker on offense and in the return game. Taylor Mays is a possibility here with Singletary and his defensive thinking, but the offense needs more help than their defense right now.

11. Buffalo Bills Taylor Mays / S / USC. Some people will hate the pick, but the guy is a freak. Whitner will now be the starting FS and Mays will be the SS. He WILL strike fear into WR's and TE's coming across the middle of the field. He will also be immediate support to the run defense also. You won't see him getting barrelled over by anyone. We'll look to trade down, but there is no takers at this point.

12. Denver Broncos- Knowshon Moreno / RB / Georgia. Denver doesn't really have a real starter at RB right now. Moreno is probably the best one in the draft. Beanie Wells is an option here, but I think they'll go with Moreno. They've had good luck with UGA RB's in Denver. Moreno's skill set and style reminds me of a young LT.

13. Washington Redskins- Jason Smith / OT / Baylor. He's a very athletic OT and will be a good addition to the Skins OL that was decimated by injury this year. May not be the starter out of the gate, but could end up beig the starting RT by the end of the year.

14. New Orleans Saints- Duke Robinson / OG / Oklahoma. The best OG in the draft by far. He had some mental lapses and got benched against Florida, but it doesn't overshadow his body of work there. He could've just partied too much the nights before the game, who knows. He's a great pro prospect.

15. Houston Texans- William Moore / S / Missouri. They need a play maker on defense and they'll get one in their secondary with Moore. One of the real impact players in the draft. One of the TBDers called him Shawn Taylor reincarnate. I don't know if I'd say that, but he's not too far from it.

16. San Diego Chargers Aaron Curry / ILB / Wake Forrest. Upon further review, and some help from a friend, I remembered Curry. The guy is a tackling machine like Patrick Willis and will be much better of a fit for SD than Maualuga (whom I had here at first). Thanks to BobDVA. :lol:

17. New York Jets- Beanie Wells / RB / Ohio St. Thomas Jones is 30 and won't be around too much longer. He's comng off of a great year, but he's about done. Wells is a Jamal Lewis type of RB with GOOD speed. He'll be prepped to take Jones' role. After 30, you don't know what you're going to get from a RB. He could be nothing next season, kinda like Curtis Martin.

18. Chicago Bears- Darrius Heyward-Bey / WR / Maryland. The Bears have Devin Hester and Brandon Lloyd. That's it. They have Olsen who'll be great for years to come, but they need a WR. This guy is fast as lightening and posesses great size. I think the Bears get themselves a difference maker right here.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Gerald McCoy / DT / Oklahoma. Riding the wave after his big BCS Title performance he'll be taken by Tampa to help their interior. Lord knows they need it.

20. Detroit Lions from Dallas- Ciron Black / OT / LSU. He'll be an immediate starter on the Lions OL. Not as highly touted as some of the other prospects, but is still very solid and a good pickup at #20 in the first. Will probably play RT, but could be switched with Backus eventually.

21. Arizona Cardinals- Jermaine Gresham / TE / Oklahoma. Anquan Bolden, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston, and Jermaine Gresham. What do you do? Warner just might break Marino's single season yardage record. They don't really have a real threat at TE right now, but they will when they take Gresham. They wanted Wells, but he's gone. So why not beef up the receiving group that much more?

22. Philadelphia Eagles- Brandon Pettigrew / TE / Oklahoma St. Philly makes sure they get their TE. They were trying to deal for Winslow before the trade deadlin and they won't take the chance of some one else trading back into the first to get him. Some will say "It's too early," but not if it's a position you feel you need.

23. Minnesota Vikings- Alex Mack / C / California. Birk is gone and they'll be looking to the future. Their Pro Bowl replacement falls into their lap. Have a nice day.

24. New England Patriots- Brandon Spikes / ILB / Florida. The transition from old to young continues. With Mayo and Spikes, they'll have arguably the best ILB's of any 3-4 defense in the NFL. For years. I think they take Spikes over Maualuga because Spikes fits the mold that Belicheat is looking for.

25. Atlanta Falcons- Peria Jerry / DT / Ole Miss. Really emerged this year as a dominating force on the DL for Ole Miss. He had 18 TFL and 7 sacks from the DT spot this past season. He'll be a starter Week 1 in 2009 for Atlanta.

26. Miami Dolphins- Vontae Davis / CB / Illinois. They need help in the secondary and Davis will be their choice. He's the best CB after Jenkins. It's just that he's not the need of the other teams before Miami. He's very good in his change of direction and has a good burst when breaking on the ball. Has the potential to be great.

27. Baltimore Ravens- Tyson Jackson / DE / LSU. Fits the 3-4 mold and Pryce is getting old. He'd fit in great with that defense. He's made to play the DE positioin a 3-4. Has to be more consistent against the run though, but dont worry about that. Ray Lewis and the rest of those guys will whip him into shape for sure.

28. Philadelphia Eagles from Carolina- Herman Johnson / OG / LSU. The Eagles need a replacement for Andrews if he's not going to be there, but if he is then Johnson will play the opposite side.

29. Indianapolis Colts- Sen'Derrick Marks / DT / Auburn. They need a DT and he's a good one. They'll be to the poteum quick for this selection.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers- Eben Britton / OT / Arizona. Played great once switched to the LT position. The Steelers need OL help and this guy will provide it. Big Ben got hit more this season than he ever has. You don't want your $100 million dollar QB taking punishment like this. This will be the first step to correct that.

31. New York Giants - Clint Sintim / OLB / Virginia. The rich get richer. He'll play the SOLB position and is as disruptive as anyone you can think of. In comparison, he's a younger stronger version of Lance Briggs.

32. Tennessee Titans- Max Unger / C / Oregon. The second Center to go in round 1. Mawae is old and can't stay healthy for a full season anymore. Unger is ready to step in and play in the NFL and what better person to learn the position behind than Mawae.

All speculation of course, but makes sense to me anyway :thumbsup: I think we move up early in the 2nd to get Greg Hardy in a deal that involves Roscoe and a swapping of 2nd round picks with Seattle. :thumbsup: What do you guys think? Oh, I think Bradford and Tebow are coming back to their respective colleges.

The red hurts my eyes.