Tim Tebow

nuklz2594

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He reminds me of Doug Flutie. He just wins. Heard he would be a late round pick. If avaiable do we take him?

As a TE or Hback. Not a QB. He knows this. And Bradford was very unimpressive last night. Threw a few nice balls but doesnt have great arm strength or mobility. Like Bledsoe almost

As a TE or Hback. Not a QB. He knows this. And Bradford was very unimpressive last night. Threw a few nice balls but doesnt have great arm strength or mobility. Like Bledsoe almost

Bledsoe had plenty of arm strength, no mobility, but plenty of arm strength.

Tebow is an interesting player though.

Tebow is interesting. Not sure he could be an everydown QB because I don't think he can make all the throws. Could really cause some troubles in an offense that actually embraces some serious creativity. I think it shouldn't be overlooked that he easily could have been the goat last night if Oklahoma had capitalized on his mistakes as a passer. I thought Harvin should have been the offensive MVP - without his big plays Florida probably loses.

Tebow is interesting. Not sure he could be an everydown QB because I don't think he can make all the throws. Could really cause some troubles in an offense that actually embraces some serious creativity. I think it shouldn't be overlooked that he easily could have been the goat last night if Oklahoma had capitalized on his mistakes as a passer. I thought Harvin should have been the offensive MVP - without his big plays Florida probably loses.

:lol:

Bradford has a "deer in headlights" look to him also. And did you notice he is basically a one-read QB? The team that takes him #1 is going to be kicking themselves.

Bradford didn't look good against a serious defense that can create pressure. That spread doesn't work real well against high end defensive lineman and doesn't bode well for how he'd fare against NFL defenses in a pro style attack. He might not even be a first rounder.

Tebow could be a very effective weapon for 8-10 plays a game, if used properly.

Tebow could run 3-5 times, catch a couple and throw a few passes. If he can learn to block, he could be effective in 3rd down packages. His presence out there would allow for 2 QBs on the field at the same time, at least one a lefty. I'll bet a decent OC could really dream up some good stuff for Tebow (as long as the OC doesn't expect TeBow to be an every-down QB).

I'd love to have Tebow... if we had a creative offensive coordinator.

The kid is a great football player. I'd find a way to get him on the field, whether at TE, some sort of H-back... and give him 10-15 "wildcat" snaps a game. He can make plays and needs to be given the chance.

That said, if I'm him I stay at UF. They're going to win it all again next year as the SEC takes a bit of a hit, UF returns everyone on D, and he has the chance to win a 3rd national title and a 2nd Heisman and get consideration for best college player ever (although I think Young was a better college player this decade... Reggie Bush is close, not to mention the fact Leinart and Ken Dorsey had fewer losses COMBINED).

Tebow will not be a starting QB in the NFL. He lacks too many of the skills necessary to play QB at that level. He's no different from an option QB that has to make the transition. If he's going to make it in the NFL then it'll be as a TE. Any team that drafts him prior to the 4th round to play QB is making a HUGE mistake.

As a QB, lowering your shoulder and running works in college, in the NFL that will earn him a trip to the hospital.

He is projected to be a late 1st round pick....not late a round pick.

that's the highest end of the wide range I've heard - I've heard "experts" say as late as a 5th rounder. Personally, I think someone will take a chance on him sometime before the end of the 3rd round.

A smart OC will use tebag as an H-back. Have him catch a few passes, run a few plays, and maybe some throws on a gimmick play or 2, and you've got a decent weapon. But as a full time QB? :lol:B-):lol:

What you saw last night is what you get. Inacurrate, floating passes, and successful runs only because he's bigger/faster than most college LBs. If tebag tried to run in the NFL and lower his shoulder like he does now, Ray Lewis would snap his arm off and shove it up his ass. (then again, tebag would enjoy that)

A smart OC will use tebag as an H-back. Have him catch a few passes, run a few plays, and maybe some throws on a gimmick play or 2, and you've got a decent weapon. But as a full time QB? :lol:B-):lol:

What you saw last night is what you get. Inacurrate, floating passes, and successful runs only because he's bigger/faster than most college LBs. If tebag tried to run in the NFL and lower his shoulder like he does now, Ray Lewis would snap his arm off and shove it up his ass. (then again, tebag would enjoy that)

:lol:

Bradford was terrible. He was arching 10 yard passes the way a nfl qb puts an arch on a deep post. The guy has no arm, and lives off the ability of his skill players in college. The only sure fire 1st rd qb's are Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez. The only knock on Sanchez is he only has 1 year of starting experience. His physical skills are pretty damn good though. You can keep these spread option qb's. It doesn't work at the pro level. People like Bradford,Tebow, Graham Harrell, Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel, are long term projects at best. Their upside short term is that of The Chiefs Tyler Thigpen. Use a gimmick offense like the chiefs did with the pistol, and rarely if ever take snaps under center. It's funny when people say a team like KC won't draft a qb cause Tyler Thigpen played good. The guy isn't a long term answer at qb, and struggled mightly down the stretch. You can't consistently play a gimmick system and be good in the pros. It's fine for college, where these qb's can take advantage of inferior talent, and less complicated offenses to maximize their teams ability, but as pros it's an even playing field where defensive lineman will be just as fast as a guy like Tebow. The offense won't fly.

Bradford has a "deer in headlights" look to him also. And did you notice he is basically a one-read QB? The team that takes him #1 is going to be kicking themselves.

Your wrong on this one...

Bradford is gonna be a really good one. He is about an accurate of a passer as you will ever find.

As far as Tebow is concerned, He impresses me. Not as a TE or Hback like some have suggested, but as a quarterback. He has a rocket arm, he is mobile and most importantly he is a winner!!

If he is available in the fourth round, which I seriously doubt, then I would pick him up without hesitation (unless someone else irresistable was available) and I would even consider a third round pick if one of my coveted centers or TE's weren't available.

Tebow is a winner!!