Tim Tebow

nuklz2594

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow has a better arm than Skin Flutie ever dreamed of having.

I think Tim will be a relatively high draft pick, and has a chance to succeed in the NFL if he pairs up with the right team/HC who is patient and isn't afraid to be creative in getting the most out of Tim's many strengths. I don't see him excelling as a typical drop-back, pocket NFL QB, though.

But, the idea of using him as a TE and QB is fairly absurd, I think, unless you really aren't counting on him to be a QB, and don't care that he hasn't played TE in his college career.

In reality, Tim Tebow is a gamble, with a really big upside. He is a perfect luxury pick for a solid team, that can withstand the mistake, and aren't counting on the pick to produce for a couple of years. The Bills simply do not fall into that category.

Tebow doesn't have a better arm than Flutie. You're crazy if you think so.

What Flutie had was a "live arm". Tebow doesn't have that.

Flutie threw the ball with very tight rotation, which indicates natural talent. During the 2001 season, one of the TV announcers said that Flutie's rotation was abnormally high and he thought it was the rubber gloves Flutie wore. He speculated that the NFL would make it against the rules to wear the gloves Flutie wore. That we know never happened.

I think Tebow throws a nice long ball. He has the size and strength to throw the long ball. I just don't think he has all the throws and his ball seems to float and he doesn't get that tight rotation.

Tebow reminds me of Mark Rypien. He's just a big guy that can throw the long ball. Rypien couldn't run but he could throw the long ball. And Rypien was regarded as a terrible passer in some areas.

As far as running goes, those days are over.

Tebow will get drafted high because he weighs 240 lbs.

I could see how you jerkoffs from FSU have so much fun ragging on "Tebag" as you like to call him. I mean he is such an easy target. He works with charities, has never been in trouble, is as competitive as anybody in college football today, makes the rest of his teammates better, in three years of collage ball he has won a heisman trophy & 2 national championships & Urban Meyer has said he is the best football player he has ever coached. Yeah, that Tebag, he sure is a loser. Keep trying to convince yourself Shamius that the sh*theads that Florida St runs out year after miserable year at qb have even a remote chance of beating Florida while Tebag is under center. If I was you & the wolf I would pray to the football gods that he does declare for the draft. That way, maybe florida state will avoid their annual humilation against the gators next year.

The GATORS could lose EVERY Senior & Junior on the team & the GIRLS SCHOOL up in Tallahassee coached by that SENILE OLD MAN still couldn't beat them! :lol:

Tebow is Mr. Endzone if he is available, I wouldn't hesitate in round 2 or later. I do think he is a system player but he goes beyond system with actual skills that are translatable to the NFL. I dunno if QB is where he belongs in the big league though.

For best player on the board after 1 round he has to be close though. Is DJ coach enough? I doubt it.

As a TE or Hback. Not a QB. He knows this. And Bradford was very unimpressive last night. Threw a few nice balls but doesnt have great arm strength or mobility. Like Bledsoe almost

He could work well in Miami's offense at any of the positions.

The GATORS could lose EVERY Senior & Junior on the team & the GIRLS SCHOOL up in Tallahassee coached by that SENILE OLD MAN still couldn't beat them! B-)

:lol:

Tebow is Mr. Endzone if he is available, I wouldn't hesitate in round 2 or later. I do think he is a system player but he goes beyond system with actual skills that are translatable to the NFL. I dunno if QB is where he belongs in the big league though.

For best player on the board after 1 round he has to be close though. Is DJ coach enough? I doubt it.

Which skills translate well to the NFL? He's not going to outrun or lower his shoulder and run over LB's in the pros. That little jump pass? Might work once in a blue moon. So what else is there? His QB skills - making all the throws, making all the reads, hanging in the pocket without taking off running - are not good enough for the NFL.

He wants to play QB in the NFL but I just don't see it happening.

Te and 3rd string QB till he develops?

he couls be the next version of slash--if he is on a roster he should have some packages as a QB. He would be like a big strong full back. I like floridas short yardage plays with him as QB and I can see that qorking in the NFL.

Tebow will not be a starting QB in the NFL. He lacks too many of the skills necessary to play QB at that level. He's no different from an option QB that has to make the transition. If he's going to make it in the NFL then it'll be as a TE. Any team that drafts him prior to the 4th round to play QB is making a HUGE mistake.

As a QB, lowering your shoulder and running works in college, in the NFL that will earn him a trip to the hospital.

Favre was an option QB and that worked out. K. Stewert was an option QB and that worked. V. Young was a spread option QB, he won as a QB in the NFL.

Favre was an option QB and that worked out. K. Stewert was an option QB and that worked. V. Young was a spread option QB, he won as a QB in the NFL.

Wow, talk about an example of diminishing returns.... :lol:

The difference there is the Favre did not play an option QB in the NFL. His success came as he settled on being a drop back passer.

Bradford was terrible. He was arching 10 yard passes the way a nfl qb puts an arch on a deep post. The guy has no arm, and lives off the ability of his skill players in college. The only sure fire 1st rd qb's are Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez. The only knock on Sanchez is he only has 1 year of starting experience. His physical skills are pretty damn good though. You can keep these spread option qb's. It doesn't work at the pro level. People like Bradford,Tebow, Graham Harrell, Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel, are long term projects at best. Their upside short term is that of The Chiefs Tyler Thigpen. Use a gimmick offense like the chiefs did with the pistol, and rarely if ever take snaps under center. It's funny when people say a team like KC won't draft a qb cause Tyler Thigpen played good. The guy isn't a long term answer at qb, and struggled mightly down the stretch. You can't consistently play a gimmick system and be good in the pros. It's fine for college, where these qb's can take advantage of inferior talent, and less complicated offenses to maximize their teams ability, but as pros it's an even playing field where defensive lineman will be just as fast as a guy like Tebow. The offense won't fly.

Why do you cann the Chiefs a gimmick offense--they just used a different formation but passed and ran liek everybody else. There wasn't anythng tricky about it, are you upset because it worked and they have probably the least amount of offensive talent?

After watching that game-I wish the Bills would do more stuff like that on offense.

By the time Flutie played with the Bills, he couldn't throw a 15-yard out.

So you're comparing one guy at 21 to another when he's 36? I seem to recall Flutie having a pretty good arm in college when he was throwing for 500 yards against Miami.

The difference there is the Favre did not play an option QB in the NFL. His success came as he settled on being a drop back passer.

No kidding. And for every option/gimmick offense QB who made it in the NFL there's probably a dozen more who never sniffed an NFL roster as a QB.

Which skills translate well to the NFL? He's not going to outrun or lower his shoulder and run over LB's in the pros. That little jump pass? Might work once in a blue moon. So what else is there? His QB skills - making all the throws, making all the reads, hanging in the pocket without taking off running - are not good enough for the NFL.

He wants to play QB in the NFL but I just don't see it happening.

Actually, I think he is a bit elusive as a runner (I don't think he out runs them as much as makes them miss) but strong enough to bull a few LBs. He has a decent pass, I don't think he has a great pass but he can throw it ok. He has a leadership quaity to say the least. He has fire and didn't get to be the best player maybe in college football history by lacking in skills. He makes fine reads in my opinion. I watched a few games of his this season (and last) and I have seen some tape of Otto Graham, it is like he has been reincarnated IMO. Sure it is a different game but I still think he is going to be a great player on the pro level.

read what i replied to, someone stated that college Option QB's are never good in the NFL. I pointed out a few that were good. I didn't say they were option QB's in the NFL. see youread the entire thing before you make an a$$ out of yourself.

He has fire and didn't get to be the best player maybe in college football history by lacking in skills.

What??? Best player maybe in college football history??? B-)

Gee....I thought Reggie Bush was the best player in CF history. Oh no wait, I thought it was Vince Young. Oh no wait..... :lol:

Actually, I think he is a bit elusive as a runner (I don't think he out runs them as much as makes them miss) but strong enough to bull a few LBs. He has a decent pass, I don't think he has a great pass but he can throw it ok. He has a leadership quaity to say the least. He has fire and didn't get to be the best player maybe in college football history by lacking in skills. He makes fine reads in my opinion. I watched a few games of his this season (and last) and I have seen some tape of Otto Graham, it is like he has been reincarnated IMO. Sure it is a different game but I still think he is going to be a great player on the pro level.

We'll have to disagree, then. I don't see elusiveness, I see him having top-flight speed for a college QB, especially for his size, and his opponents at the next level will be bigger and as fast. His arm strength is debateable, but there is no denying that his mechanics are poor and his passes float and quack. As far as QB skills, I think Vick had a stronger arm and better running ability, but also struggled with staying in the pocket and making reads and not taking off running every time his primary read was covered.

I also can't get past the offense he plays in and the playmakers he has around him. If he was putting up these kind of numbers in a pro-style offense I'd be more impressed, but the fact is the spread is a gimmick offense.

I don't take anything away from his leadership and fire, but leadership and fire alone does not an NFL QB make, and I just don't see the arm and skills that translate into an NFL quarterback.