BREAKING NEWS: Jauron to be retained

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the bad play-calling occurred when Dick was the one making the final call (i.e., pass or run on 3rd and long in FG range). I seriously doubt those were Turk's calls.

And who is to say that Turk will get fired? There's no evidence that he will.

I just dont see how they can bring him back...DJ made some bad calls himself, but man, it just too often felt like the Offense was doing the exact opposite of what they should be doing. Trying to be smart and just out smart themselves and that falls on the O Coordinators shoulders. Plus Ralph knows he is going to have make someone a scape goat if he is bringing DJ back to appease the fans...

But who knows, they could bring him back, I just dont see it though

Not really a shock...I do believe they fire Turk though, which is still a step in the right direction because he was a joke...

I've been saying this on the board repeatedly for some time now. All hell will break loose if the team does not start the season off strong. I'll be curious to see what happens to season ticket sales. As a sign of support for keeping the team in WNY I was looking to buy a pair next year - and either sell them or give away to friends and family given that it is likely I can be in town for only one game. No way do I do it now.

you know what's funny? Yesterday I was listening to Joe Benigno on WFAN. For a Jets fan, I can actually stand him b/c he typically doesn't talk smack.

He flat out said that DJ was a horrible coach and that as a Jets fan, he was praying for the Bills to keep him, b/c that was a guaranteed 2 wins for his jets next year with him as coach.

Anyone else here that yesterday? It was around 11:30am. The league is laughing at us. Our divisional opponents are popping champagne. 0-6 against the AFCE. We're a !@#$ging JOKE OF A FRANCHISE.

!@#$ YOU RALPH

you know what's funny? Yesterday I was listening to Joe Benigno on WFAN. For a Jets fan, I can actually stand him b/c he typically doesn't talk smack.

He flat out said that DJ was a horrible coach and that as a Jets fan, he was praying for the Bills to keep him, b/c that was a guaranteed 2 wins for his jets next year with him as coach.

Anyone else here that yesterday? It was around 11:30am. The league is laughing at us. Our divisional opponents are popping champagne. 0-6 against the AFCE. We're a !@#$ging JOKE OF A FRANCHISE.

!@#$ YOU RALPH

Yes... I heard him. :thumbsup:

I feel like the bad play-calling occurred when Dick was the one making the final call (i.e., pass or run on 3rd and long in FG range). I seriously doubt those were Turk's calls.

And who is to say that Turk will get fired? There's no evidence that he will.

IMO...they were Turk's calls. The same for the throws at the goal line instead of running. Dick is too gracious to allow Turk to take the fall for his stupidity. Dick is too gracious to allow a player to ever take the fall for his stupidity. That's why he's so well liked. He'll fall on his sword for you and won't demand anything from you.

Dick The Gracious NFL Head Coach

IMO...they were Turk's calls. The same for the throws at the goal line instead of running. Dick is too gracious to allow Turk to take the fall for his stupidity. Dick is too gracious to allow a player to ever take the fall for his stupidity. That's why he's so well liked. He'll fall on his sword for you and won't demand anything from you.

Dick The Gracious NFL Head Coach

Bottom line is the head coach is responsible. You don't let a coordinator continue to f*** up game after game after game and just sit there and do nothing. It is 99.6% Jauron's fault.

The frustration level is just going to rise. Unless they bring in some savy OC to handle game day duties, this team is F'ed. A buddy of mine in Chicago said DJ was equally inept there. During their 13-3 year when he won coach of the year, apparently, that team could have gone 4-12 just as easily....

Anyway, unless they make a Haynesworth type FA aquisition or bring on an All Star caoching staff - this team is;

- Down roughly 15% in Season Ticket Sales

- Destined for anywhere between 6-10 and 10-6

I can understand the need for continuity though, just too bad the wheel stopped spinning when it hit DJ...

How in the world does a coach get swept in the division and retain his job?

My take is Ralph wants to drive away as many fans as he can before he sells the team,or moves it...or both.

At least the Raiders have a motto commitment to excellence. The Bills now have a ""Commitment to mediocrity""