Wild Bill Calling the Shot! SAYS NO TO JETS!

NavyBillsFan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know...the only Superbowl he won was tainted. If you ask me, he underachieved as a coach.

underachieved? what qb has he ever had before big ben? neil odonnell? bubby brister?, slash stewart? and still had a good offense

underachieved? the guy ran a smash mouth offense which at times has been unstoppable with barry freakin foster among others,

underachieved? his defenses have always been highly regarded- cant make a comment here as pitts d has always had solid players

underachieved? the guy went to 2 superbowls and 6 afc championships, and made the playoffs just about every year. what other available coach can say that?

if thats underachieving, i'd like to see what you call a good coach who holds up to your standards

By letting him pick his own GM you are making a huge commitment to him and his mentality to winning. You are basically telling a guy to pick guys he believes he can win with. This guy wins by getting the most out his guys, showing up and being accountable, SHOWING EMOTION and with defense and run game.

Sign me up.

!@#$ him. Hes not THAT good. And I loved him in PITT. But what !@#$ing egomaniac wants to name his own BOSS?

Go beat off next to Boomer (Bruce almost killed me) Esiason for another year.

Are you friggin' kidding me? Quick, when a guy who's coached and won a SuperBowl with a budget team wants to coach your team. His conditions - he gets to bring his own front office guy.

*Your* front office has been unsuccessful for 9 years. What do you do?

!@#$ him? I'd give him the keys to goddamn kingdom, if he'd come. This franchise needs a benevolent dictator. And I ain't talkin' Ralph. And TD was not benevolent.

C

!@#$ him. Hes not THAT good. And I loved him in PITT. But what !@#$ing egomaniac wants to name his own BOSS?

Go beat off next to Boomer (Bruce almost killed me) Esiason for another year.

are you kidding me with this comment? Who do YOU think is better?

Picking personel and putting a team together Bill Cowher has earned the right to name his own man and his own boss?

Id like to know who he had a DIRECT hand in drafting and developing as a player. Give me a few good names and Ill back off my stance that he has not earned the right to name his own personel guy.

Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, even Bellicheat is achieving.

Winning a fixed SB is not achieving. He's okay...lost more championship games than fingers on my hand.

so parcels going to 3 superbowls and winning 2 with 1 on a fluke makes him an achiever? how many years did teams coached by him miss the playoffs?

jimmy johnson winning a championship with one of the best teams ever makes him an achiever? what did he do in miami?

bellicheat "possibly" cheating to win his rings makes him an achiever? what did he do in cleveland before he bought a camcorder?

your arguement doesnt hold water

Cowher and Tom Donahoe had a power struggle in the draft room and Donahoe lost. Take a long hard look at the Steelers players,most of them are Cowher's boys

Complete and utter horseshit.

Bill Cowher never had any say in the draft room. Ever.

Nobody on that Stillers team is Cowher's boy.

Their all Rooneys' boys, with some of them also being Donahoe's or Colbert's boys.

The man was given the best talent in the NFL and stumbled around stupidly on Sundays for 15 years before Dick LeBeau came back and won him a Super Bowl.

Bill Cowher is an assclown and whoever makes the mistake of hiring him to coach their football team will be very sorry they wasted their time and money to watch him make a fool of himself when he struggles to win with equal talent.

Gawd I hope it's the Jets.....

Their all Rooneys' boys, with some of them also being Donahoe's or Colbert's boys.

The man was given the best talent in the NFL and stumbled around stupidly on Sundays for 15 years before Dick LeBeau came back and won him a Super Bowl.

Bill Cowher is an assclown and whoever makes the mistake of hiring him to coach their football team will be very sorry they wasted their time and money to watch him make a fool of himself when he struggles to win with equal talent.

You sayin he got a Colbert bump?

so parcels going to 3 superbowls and winning 2 with 1 on a fluke makes him an achiever? how many years did teams coached by him miss the playoffs?

jimmy johnson winning a championship with one of the best teams ever makes him an achiever? what did he do in miami?

bellicheat "possibly" cheating to win his rings makes him an achiever? what did he do in cleveland before he bought a camcorder?

your arguement doesnt hold water

OK, three elite coaches don't hold water. All three had a lot to do with building those teams as well.

Which SB was it that Parcells won that was a fluke? The over-achieving team in '90 where he prepared/out-coached Marv like a bad puppy?

Actually, your response is leaking profusely.

He did pretty well the year after Noll left, does that count?