Former NFL GM's Mike Lombardi's take on the Bills

A very interesting point Lori....it's interesting that both Mularkey and Killdrive..er..Gilbride have gone on to success with other franchises when they looked so inept on our sidelines....

Maybe it starts from the very top indeed...?

Lets not forget Dan Henning who was head coach of BC Eagles and returned to the NFL as an offensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills (1997–1998). After Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy retired partially due to his refusal to fire Henning, he left Buffalo.

Henning has 2 super bowls rings from his time with the Redskins and helped the Panthers get to the super bowl.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not forget Dan Henning who was head coach of BS Eagles and returned to the NFL as an offensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills (1997–1998). After Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy retired partially due to his refusal to fire Henning, he left Buffalo.

Henning has 2 super bowls rings from his time with the Redskins and helped the Panthers get to the super bowl.

Henning is now OC with the ... drum roll ... AFC East Champion, Miami Dolphins.

Wasn't the Mangenius a Defense guy?

It would be better than nothing to get a top Offensive mind in here. (Although I have visions of Gilbride and Mularky) . . .

The mangenius was the secondary coach for the Pats when Romeo was hired away. Belichick promoted him to DC for one year when he was hired away by the Jets.

Lori nailed it. The continuous short passes, the running calls at the end of the half Sunday and at the end of the Cleveland game have Jauron's influence. Jauron plays for field goals. Remember all the interviews with Turk about him being a riverboat gambler before the season. Well he works for the guys who plays it safe.

If DJ fires his coordinators, who is going to come and work on this sinking ship?

Lori nailed it. The continuous short passes, the running calls at the end of the half Sunday and at the end of the Cleveland game have Jauron's influence. Jauron plays for field goals. Remember all the interviews with Turk about him being a riverboat gambler before the season. Well he works for the guys who plays it safe.

If DJ fires his coordinators, who is going to come and work on this sinking ship?

A previous head coach who could inherit the job.

Yet lost in Sunday's meltdown was much TSW discussion about the 4th and one pass attempt into the wind...

Henning was a disaster here, as TSW so aptly pointed out.

Jesus H. Christ would be a whipping boy in Buffalo if He were calling the Bills plays.

Not totally directed at you, but people should stop treating Wiki as a bible. I don't know if it was Wilson's insistence to fire Henning or Bresnahan that broke Levy, but however was responsible for Andre's option pass, needed to pay.

Henning was a disaster here, because the offense was a mess, the QBs were a mess and it's still not clear who had what responsibilities for the offense among Henning, Bresnahan & Schofner.

I simply cannot believe there is ANY thought to bringing Dead Dick back under ANY circumstances...I just can't fathom it...And when The Bills are 7-9 after Week 17 next Season...what then? Will Jauron be gone after his 8th losing Season in 9 as a Head Coach...Or will Wilson find another Assistant who is to blame?...Is Ralph REALLY going to risk another losing Season under a Head Coach who is loved by His Players but basically despised by Bills Fans?...

Jauron needs to go or this Franchise is headed into an abyss only Cities like Cincy and Oakland understand...This is going to get REAL bad if they have another losing Season under Jauron...REAL bad and REAL ugly... :angry:

RW and his bean counters are counting up what is costs to fire DJ and counting up the financial hit if they keep DJ. Because revensue will be lost if he keeps DJ. RW knows this and is calculating the difference. Hopefully RW mans up and fires DJ and promotes Bobby April, assuming Cowher won't take the job.

Not totally directed at you, but people should stop treating Wiki as a bible. I don't know if it was Wilson's insistence to fire Henning or Bresnahan that broke Levy, but however was responsible for Andre's option pass, needed to pay.

Great, Gerry. Way to bring back that painful old memory. Psycho Ward 86, myself, and a friend of mine were in attendance when we got to see Terrell Davis get a ridiculous 40 rushing attempts. Meanwhile, Antowain Smith was getting over 6 yards a pop and only got like 18 carries on the day.

Still, it was beautiful to see that 55 yard FG from Christie go just over the crossbar to force overtime. That was when I sat in the endzone on the Jumbotron side.

$10 says Martz or some other well known coach is our O Coordinator next year with Jauron being HC still. Ralph/Brandon are going to want a guy who can sell tickets.

EDIT - Took out Mangini, thought he was an OC.

Simple mistake. Next time, refer to Gregggg Williams' "index-o-coach". It has a comprehensive breakdown of every coach/coordinator in the league along with their strengths.

It's alphabetized for easy access, too.

Henning was a disaster here, because the offense was a mess, the QBs were a mess and it's still not clear who had what responsibilities for the offense among Henning, Bresnahan & Schofner.

This is the same guy who ran those great backdoor screens to Timmy Tindale vs. the Jets, which caused Parcells to lavish praise on Henning for his creativity afterward ...