EX NFL COACHES WE COULD HIRE

major

EX NFL Coaches that could land in Buffalo: Steve Mariucci or Jim Fassel. Butch Davis also comes to mind. Anyone else think of any that could possibly wind up in Buffalo? I don't think Ralph will spend what it takes to bring in Bill Cowher. Ralph is all about selling seats; therefore, DJ is gone Monday morning. Then we can rebuild yet again. I feel like we are in the Bills version of Groundhog Day.

Butch Davis was an abject failure in Cleveland. Just look at their drafts while he was there.

Jim Fassel won't even get a job in the NFL next season. Although, that might make him qualified to come here, as our current retread coach wasn't even wanted, yet got the job.

well if we do fire Jauron I'd be very happy if we could get Marriucci. The others don't interest me.

1. There are all sorts of indications (in terms of press reports) that Jauron has in fact signed an extension which commits the Ralph-owned Bills to pay Jauron through 2012.

2. There are all sorts of indications (Ralph's foolhardy attempt to squirm out of paying Wade Philips, Mularkey being made uncomfortable enough after Ralph publicly announced he was staying here despite his losing all credibility and ability to lead that he quit rather collect a paycheck) Ralph will not pay someone to not be HC after he is done at HC.

Unless someone can show some indications (rather than theory that it would make sense for their to be some crash and burn clause to the extension and that somehow Ralph can can DJ without owing him for a year or two worth of salary, there does not appear to be a job opening at Bills HC regardless of the result tomorrow.

how about none of the above

Marty Schottenheimer is the coach I want

I would do that. Did well in SD, even if he did have a pretty stocked roster.

At the very least, he would have his gameday coaching together and would toss

the red flag at LEAST past the sideline and onto the field of play.

Fassel has already begged the Raiders for their job. Thus, he'll probably be hired by Al Davis, whom Fassel greatly admires for some reason.

Sucks to be Jim Fassel, the next guy on the coaching carousel that is the Oakland Raiders.

Mooch as OC, not HC.

I was praying we did this last year. Jauron and he are good friends. Mariucci is the type of loose, swinging type of guy we could use. He is a free thinker, yet is structured and players play for him. Jauron could trust him to run the offense and make clock management decisions, and Jauron can focus more on the defense. Fewell and Schonert won't like it, but it could and I feel would work.

Too bad I am smoking crack. Imagine what Mariucci could do for Edwards and with the talents of Freddy Jackson and Evans. Trade for Tony Gonzalez and draft a real WR #1 and all of a sudden we are putting up 30 points a game.

Jim Fassel...nice guy.

Butch Davis....the Mularkey tree of coaching.

God, I don't like any of the choices listed in this thread..................................... I think RW should "promote from with in" and give Bobby April a chance. (half kidding but, really don't like what is available, either). :angry:

I hope RW is giving it a lot of thought.......................... I would think he doesn't want an Al Davis type legesy and so far that is what he is going to get.