PFW - Top 10 Rookie Disappointments

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bigger news is the list of DLs that everyone was salivating over. What does that do to the draft equity methodology?

Especially how we were told that Jax pulled a fast one on us by sending us stroud. How are they doing this season without him?

Only because Stroud would be a 25% contributor...

Thats right. Stroud was going to only play 8 games this year because he'd be hurt. Another thing, does Jacksonville get extra draft equity for all the picks they traded away to select harvey?

He's on The Bills.

It's the same way a #2 at the 41 slot can be ranked a bigger disappointment than the #1 - 25 and #1 - 28 players.

The whole thing is ridiculous, to be honest. I never expect that a DL, OL, or WR will make a big splash in their first year, although some do. Those positions generally seem to take players longer to adapt to and ranking disappointments after one year is foolish.

How is McKelvin not even on the honorable mention list?

I'm also shocked how bad Dorsey has been.

Dorsey's season was going to be bad when the Chiefs lined him up over the guard as opposed to playing the 3 technique like he should. Jason Whitlock wrote about it in a column this week.

He's not a guy who's going to occupy 2 blockers as a 1 gap or 3-4NT will. I'd like to see him used better, but it didn't help that he weighed in less than 300 pounds.

The bigger news is the list of DLs that everyone was salivating over. What does that do to the draft equity methodology?

DE's and WRs seldom back a big splash in their first or even second year- if you want someone to dominate right away your best shot is at RB or LB

DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal went within 7 picks of Hardy. Ugh.

They're mirror images of Evans, so I see why they were passed up.

Frankly I don't feel half bad, considering Stevie Johnson worked out. After all, there's nary a peep that Polian was dumb enough to draft Chris Burkett two rounds ahead of Andre Reed.

I think that's a fairly accurate list. McKelvin should probably be on the "almost there" list. But he's really only come on as of late.

Agreed. If McKelvin played on a different team, or had emerged when the Bills were winning, he would likely be on the list.