Revisiting A Trade Idea

Nightcrawler

I know trade scenarios are fun to talk about. I also admit that the Cowboys may be hesitant to trade someone they just picked up this season, but Roy Williams would be a great fit for Buffalo. Here's why:

Buffalo needs a legitimate #2 receiver as we all know. Buffalo wants a large receiver and Williams is 6'3. Buffalo needs a possession receiver. Williams until landing in Dallas can find the end zone but also has been productive on 2nd and 3rd down situations. Williams also played in Detroit's cold weather, so the Buffalo weather shouldn't be much of an adjustment.

Buffalo should trade their 2009 (2nd and 6th round picks) and Roscoe Parrish for Williams.

Dallas would consider the trade for several reasons:

First, Dallas without a first round pick doesn't pick until mid to late 2nd round. Jerry Jones is a gambler, and he loves having extra draft picks for trading up and down. A 2nd and 6th round pick gives Dallas draft options. Williams is talented, but he seems to not fit the Dallas circus with all the needs to get Owens, Witten, and Barber the ball. Lastly, Dallas can't truly depend on Adam "Pac Man" Jones to be a long-term fit as a PR. Roscoe Parrish is a solid PR, and he serves another need for Dallas to have extra depth as a 4-5 receiving option in their offense.

I believe this trade is both realistic and fits both teams needs. Buffalo needs another offensive weapon to move toward becoming a better offense. Dallas needs draft picks and could use the extra depth to be a playoff threat again.

Thoughts?

You want to trade a second round pick, a sixth, and Roscoe(perhaps the leading punt returner in NFL history I believe) for a guy who caught 34 catches for 426 yards in a wide open offense? Not to mention who has an outrageous contract? No way in hell!

Why mess up our special teams? And what do we get in return? Those draft picks could be a center or a pass rusher or a tight end- all which we need more then Roy Williams.

No offense, but I HATE your idea!

I know trade scenarios are fun to talk about. I also admit that the Cowboys may be hesitant to trade someone they just picked up this season, but Roy Williams would be a great fit for Buffalo. Here's why:

Buffalo needs a legitimate #2 receiver as we all know. Buffalo wants a large receiver and Williams is 6'3. Buffalo needs a possession receiver. Williams until landing in Dallas can find the end zone but also has been productive on 2nd and 3rd down situations. Williams also played in Detroit's cold weather, so the Buffalo weather shouldn't be much of an adjustment.

Buffalo should trade their 2009 (2nd and 6th round picks) and Roscoe Parrish for Williams.

First, Dallas without a first round pick doesn't pick until mid to late 2nd round. Jerry Jones is a gambler, and he loves having extra draft picks for trading up and down. A 2nd and 6th round pick gives Dallas draft options. Williams is talented, but he seems to not fit the Dallas circus with all the needs to get Owens, Witten, and Barber the ball. Lastly, Dallas can't truly depend on Adam "Pac Man" Jones to be a long-term fit as a PR. Roscoe Parrish is a solid PR, and he serves another need for Dallas to have extra depth as a 4-5 receiving option in their offense.

I believe this trade is both realistic and fits both teams needs. Buffalo needs another offensive weapon to move toward becoming a better offense. Dallas needs draft picks and could use the extra depth to be a playoff threat again.

Thoughts?

there are about 25 things wrong with your post, which are all so obvious i probably wont need to say them

Thoughts?

Huge FAIL- Huge, Buffalo, Huge

1) he's soft

2) he's stupid

3) he's soft and stupid

4) he has a huge new contract

5) he's soft, stupid and expensive

6) this team needs linemen

First of all this thread is about Roy Williams, not Trent. And secondly, I am pretty sure Trent has not signed a new contract since his rookie contract.

Thoughts?

This trade is not realistic Dallas signed him to a 5 year 45 million dollar contract you think they are going to eat the money the paid him and put a huge dent in their salary cap becasue of dead money. We should have traded with detroit first he would have been a good fit for edwards.

NightCrawler - No Way - Jerry paid dearly to get Williams. He has Williams locked up long term. He's actually TO's replacement when he goes.

Sad guys...Only two thoughtful and well articulated points out of 12 responses.

Saying someone is soft and stupid or that your comments are so superior that they can't be listed doesn't give any insight other than reflect the character of the respondent.

Yes...I knew Detroit played in a dome, but research Williams stats in cold weather games and you'll see what I mean. And, yes I know Williams has had a down year. Keep in mind that it is the situation he has been in in Detroit's offense and in Dallas' off and on offense, not the talent or ability. Just look at the last three years he has had and his age with a lesser quarterback and line than Buffalo.

Thanks to those who gave quality thoughts such as dickie do-right and Poeticlaw. For those who didn't, please write a post or response that "contributes" to the purpose of this forum. Thanks!

Sad guys...Only two thoughtful and well articulated points out of 12 responses.

Saying someone is soft and stupid or that your comments are so superior that they can't be listed doesn't give any insight other than reflect the character of the respondent.

Yes...I knew Detroit played in a dome, but research Williams stats in cold weather games and you'll see what I mean. And, yes I know Williams has had a down year. Keep in mind that it is the situation he has been in in Detroit's offense and in Dallas' off and on offense, not the talent or ability. Just look at the last three years he has had and his age with a lesser quarterback and line than Buffalo.

Thanks to those who gave quality thoughts such as dickie do-right and Poeticlaw. For those who didn't, please write a post or response that "contributes" to the purpose of this forum. Thanks!

Any bonus money Dallas paid to Williams would accelerate and it would all count towards their 09 cap figure. The trade scenario is all but impossible based on that, let alone the fact that team needs do not dictate wasting those type of resources on a wide receiver.

Thoughts?

Williams is injury prone and no way is Jones this crazy - you do not deal for a guy during the season one year and trade him away the next. I am happy to trade Roscoe away for fair value but this is not likely to be the deal.

1) he's soft

2) he's stupid

3) he's soft and stupid

4) he has a huge new contract

5) he's soft, stupid and expensive

6) this team needs linemen

7) he played his college ball at the University of Texas