So do we trade Peters this offseason?

I am for putting guys like Jackson and Parrish on the block- not Peters. Sure, Jackson is very productive, by Lynch is the definite starter- if we can get a quality lineman out of dealing hi, fine. Peters is a stud LT....you don't give that away

You'd go into next year with Xavier Omon as your backup RB??????

Jackson is pure gold for this team. No team would give up a first-rounder for him, and all he does is make plays for us.

JDG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- He would easily command a 1st round pick......from a business sense we would be trading a player that was not even drafted for a 1st round chance at a very good player.......

Jason Peters is a two-time Pro Bowl Left Tackle who is just entering his prime. There is no way you trade him for just one pick. You would have to get two first rounders for him to ever consider such a thing.

And you better really like Demetrius Bell if you pull the trigger on that trade...

JDG

Does anybody else think that if the Bills give Peters a monster contract that sets him for life, he's going to turn into a fat lazy mediocre slob?

Cuz I sorta do.

I agree, maybe we should take the picks and let him be someone else's fat lazy slob.

Does anybody else think that if the Bills give Peters a monster contract that sets him for life, he's going to turn into a fat lazy mediocre slob?

Cuz I sorta do.

Yeah ...... probably just like that last fat slob we got rid of ............. Pat Williams :lol:

Interesting views.....

My own opinion is I hope that they quickly get one or the other done.....I dont give up Peters for anything except equal value (if you offer him up in trade or not)

I just dont want to see another holdout like last year.....and right now unless the bills change their stance I see exactly that happening.

Interesting views.....

My own opinion is I hope that they quickly get one or the other done.....I dont give up Peters for anything except equal value (if you offer him up in trade or not)

I just dont want to see another holdout like last year.....and right now unless the bills change their stance I see exactly that happening.

of course Peters will hold out

Brandon promised to re-do his deal this year to get Peters to show up.

it's week 17 and no deal.

it's all but guaranteed Peters won't show up next year until he gets a new deal.

Of course, if we had a real football guy as GM, Peters would have a new deal in January paying him like a pro bowl LT.

But Brandon is in charge and he will use the Peters circus next year to divert attention from the product on the field. Then he will claim the lack of Peters or less than stellar performance was the cause of yet another non-playoff year.

You'd go into next year with Xavier Omon as your backup RB??????

Jackson is pure gold for this team. No team would give up a first-rounder for him, and all he does is make plays for us.

JDG

I don't disagree with you- I said put hom on the block, I didn't say pull the trigger for whatever we can get.

If we could strategically move up or down- either getting one or multiple impact players on the lines, great. If not, keep him. Always have to keep all options open

I vote to trade the overrated "Pro Bowler" known as Jason Peters. I am also willing to take any offers to move Dick Jauron, Turk Schonert and Perry Fewell as a package deal. I think our Defensive system sucks. We can not stop anyone in crunch time and have only beaten teams that quite frankly are worse off then we are -- including Denver.

On a related note, since we are now the AFC West Champions (4-0), I also vote to trade divisions from the East to the West. I believe this would finally put an end to our playoff drought and make us perennial division contenders.

I think Peters is an ass and I find it hard to root for him anymore. I used to like the guy and remember checking out the pics of him riding in the back of Thailog's vette during whatever parade they have during training camp. What was there not to like about his story, or about him? Nothing. He changed positions, excelled, became two time Pro Bowler, and somewhere along the way he also became an ass. Goodbye.

All that being said, I think the ideal trade is for Detroit's 2nd rounder. Three picks in the top-45 in this draft class would be sweet.

Do not trade Peters unless you are getting proven talent of GREATER value. Which isn't going to happen.

The Bills haven't helped themselves by hitting the reset button on positions. Trading Peerless Price for a #1 looked great until the Bills offense imploded without him the next season. Letting Pat Williams go, set the franchise back 3 full years on defense. Losing Clements killed the pass defense and lead to the use of a #1 pick to replace him. Cutting Milloy lead to using a #1 on Whitner, and 3 years later Milloy is outplaying Whitner. Losing Fletcher lead to using a #2 on Poz, and two years later Fletcher is still the better player and his knack for making plays is missed. The list goes on. The Bills need to start stacking talent instead of trying to win in spite of a lack of it.

Re-sign Greer, avoid drafting a CB early for the next 5 years. Stop letting good players walk or trading them for a hope and a prayer 2 years down the road.

I think Peters is an ass and I find it hard to root for him anymore. I used to like the guy and remember checking out the pics of him riding in the back of Thailog's vette during whatever parade they have during training camp. What was there not to like about his story, or about him? Nothing. He changed positions, excelled, became two time Pro Bowler, and somewhere along the way he also became an ass. Goodbye.

All that being said, I think the ideal trade is for Detroit's 2nd rounder. Three picks in the top-45 in this draft class would be sweet.

If you can root for Beast Mode after his hit and run fiasco, then you would be able to root for Peters when he is back to his 2007 form next year. Trading him for a second rounder would be ridiculous.

Jason Peters is a two-time Pro Bowl Left Tackle who is just entering his prime. There is no way you trade him for just one pick. You would have to get two first rounders for him to ever consider such a thing.

And you better really like Demetrius Bell if you pull the trigger on that trade...

JDG

He's only two-time because everyone is voting on how he played last year. He did not have that great of a season this year after his hold-out. He never played up to his potential this year.

If you can root for Beast Mode after his hit and run fiasco, then you would be able to root for Peters when he is back to his 2007 form next year. Trading him for a second rounder would be ridiculous.

Makes sense. I can do without the 2008 mode, especially the holdout part. The holdout did hurt the entire offense as Peters looked like a turnstile at times. The offensive line has played better the last two games.

I really think a real pass rushing threat is the biggest team need. A better rush could mean more sacks, interceptions, three and outs and opportunities for the offense.

BADOLBILZ also had some good points about past departures.

Re-sign Greer, avoid drafting a CB early for the next 5 years. Stop letting good players walk or trading them for a hope and a prayer 2 years down the road.

BADOL-what do you think of Buffalo's CB's at this point? I agree that they shouldn't have a need to draft a CB for at least five years, but I've got to believe re-upping Greer will be costly. With McGee up after 09, 11th pick money to McKelvin along with Youboty and Corner, that's a lot of resources allocated for just CB's.

I wouldn't mind seeing Greer franchised with the intent to trade him. I suspect he'd garner a 3rd rounder, especially to a team like CLE (albeit with probably a new GM) who sorely needs CB help.

He's only two-time because everyone is voting on how he played last year. He did not have that great of a season this year after his hold-out. He never played up to his potential this year.

OK so your assesment of his play does not agree with the players and coaches who voted him in ..... I'll give you that point.

I'm interested in where you feel his level of play IS ........

you've already said he is not #1

would you put him in the top 5???

top 10???

middle of the pack???

bottom dweller???

How do you define .... "not that great of a season"