So do we trade Peters this offseason?

- He would easily command a 1st round pick......from a business sense we would be trading a player that was not even drafted for a 1st round chance at a very good player.......

- He is already crying about his contract.....it is almost a certainty that he is going to hold out

- Honesty Kirk Chambers has made it almost transparent when Peters is not on the field

but

- You never trade franchise left tackles

Hmmmmmm

If the Bills had never acquired Peters and had only an average LT, I would think they would need to burn a high first rounder on a franchise LT. A highdraft pick would come with a high pricetag...ie Joe Thomas. A high draft pick would also be rolling the dice on whether he would pan out...ie Mike Williams. Fortunately, we have a dominant player (regardless of what many Bills fans think) on the team and there for the taking. Sign the man. Lock him up for a while to protect our QB for the future. It would be one less thing we have to worry about. AND, oh by the way, he can always be cut it he doesn't perform.

He's only two-time because everyone is voting on how he played last year. He did not have that great of a season this year after his hold-out. He never played up to his potential this year.

I think his problem this year has primarily been one of consistency.... he's had the big whiffs, but you can also see the athletic ability that can make him so dominant....

If the Bills had never acquired Peters and had only an average LT, I would think they would need to burn a high first rounder on a franchise LT. A highdraft pick would come with a high pricetag...ie Joe Thomas. A high draft pick would also be rolling the dice on whether he would pan out...ie Mike Williams. Fortunately, we have a dominant player (regardless of what many Bills fans think) on the team and there for the taking. Sign the man. Lock him up for a while to protect our QB for the future. It would be one less thing we have to worry about. AND, oh by the way, he can always be cut it he doesn't perform.

Exactly. Just don't make the line worse. Maybe he plays better next year. Maybe the o-line plays more cohesive and consistent. Or maybe not. Just get the issue resolved before the draft.

If you can root for Beast Mode after his hit and run fiasco, then you would be able to root for Peters when he is back to his 2007 form next year. Trading him for a second rounder would be ridiculous.

I get what you are saying and your points are valid, but you didn't include the McGahee trade and subsequent drafting of The Beast in your previous post. That's interesting considering he was the biggest ass on the team when he was dealt and the Bills had to use a #12 overall for The Beast. The second rounder we would be trading for is the #33 overall, and I don't think of that as being quite as ridiculous as you do.

Lynch's hit-and-run was a P.R. fiasco, and didn't translate to his performance on the field. I'd like to see you make a similar case for Peters' lengthy and bizarre holdout.

I get what you are saying and your points are valid, but you didn't include the McGahee trade and subsequent drafting of The Beast in your previous post. That's interesting considering he was the biggest ass on the team when he was dealt and the Bills had to use a #12 overall for The Beast. The second rounder we would be trading for is the #33 overall, and I don't think of that as being quite as ridiculous as you do.

Lynch's hit-and-run was a P.R. fiasco, and didn't translate to his performance on the field. I'd like to see you make a similar case for Peters' lengthy and bizarre holdout.

I like Lynch a lot, but is he any more productive than McGahee was? The stats suggest no.

OK so your assesment of his play does not agree with the players and coaches who voted him in ..... I'll give you that point.

I'm interested in where you feel his level of play IS ........

you've already said he is not #1

would you put him in the top 5???

top 10???

middle of the pack???

bottom dweller???

How do you define .... "not that great of a season"

With all the times he was beat at the line of scrimmage, I would put him in the middle of the pack

I like Lynch a lot, but is he any more productive than McGahee was? The stats suggest no.

And with that being said, do you have any doubt whatsoever that Lynch is a much better RB than McGahee?

Trade Peters is they can find a good deal.

It is way for Buffalo to say it will not be held hostage to agents of players like Peters and Willis who want to be paid for potential not what they have accomplished.

Yeah, that apporach has really worked out for us. You've gotta take a chance and pay for what you think will be a great player. Otherwise, you'll keep churning middle of the road players.

I disagree that the situation says the Bills being held hostage. Franchises cut players all the time in order to avoid their salaries. Franchises can pay for talent or they can let it walk. I think in this situation they should pay for a player that can be a cornerstone for a while.

So, out of all those instances I gave you, you point out one that wasn't a complete backfire.....bravo. Still, it amounts to Peerless was traded so they could wait for McGahee so they could trade Travis for a handful of nothing then get rid of Willis so they could use their #1 pick on Lynch, who hasn't rushed for 100 yards in the first 10 games of either of his first two seasons. What next, you are going to tell me trading Travis Henry for the pick they used to trade up for McCargo was a good use of resources? Remember when the Bills felt they couldn't have two backs sharing duty? Maybe you're right, the Bills are on top of things.

Maybe you're right, the Bills are on top of things.

Here's something to puff out a Bills fan's chest. The Bills are in the vanguard of playing hardball. Only team to lose the #1 overall pick to the CFL. I mean they went out of their way to piss Cousineau off. And, then there was Jim Kelly. Course, we forget that because he eventually came to town and when new front office leadership took the reins. :)

The other thing to remember in this scenario....while Kirk Chambers has played well when given chances this year.....it would really suck if Peters is traded away and then Chambers starts sucking again (and there was a time when we wanted to run him right out of town)

Another thing to consider......I thought that Demetrious Bell showed a lot of promise when given opportunities. It is because of this that while I think we should spend a high pick on a center....but we may not need a lot of OL this year.....we absolutely need D linemen.