CB's deserves a lot of credit for the win yesterday...

LabattBlue

Considering there was next to nothing in terms of a pass rush(except for Mitchell's sack on the blitz), the cornerbacks did a pretty good job. I know there were many passes completed to wide open receivers and Cutler missed open targets a few times, but he was only 25 of 45 for a pedestrian completion rate of 56%.

That being said, Whitner's play continues to leave a lot to be desired. He wiffed when trying to tackle Royal on the end around and was late getting to the play numerous times. Even his hit that caused the fumble was a lame attempt at a tackle, but he got lucky by the fact that his helmet hit the ball.

it looked to me like the Bronco's were picking on Scott and the linebackers. McGee, Corner and McKelvin all played fantastic.

Agreed.

Most of the damage looked to be done when we were on zone, and against the safeties and LB's. Mitchell was slow in dropping back--lot of passes dropped right over his head to the TE's. Poz seemed a step slow to the ball, as did Whitner and Scott.

Part of the problem was that Cutler is really good. In the zone, it seemed like the Bills had 2-3 guys right on a receiver, but Cutler was able to deliver the ball a second or two before the defense could react.

Agreed.

Most of the damage looked to be done when we were on zone, and against the safeties and LB's. Mitchell was slow in dropping back--lot of passes dropped right over his head to the TE's. Poz seemed a step slow to the ball, as did Whitner and Scott.

Part of the problem was that Cutler is really good. In the zone, it seemed like the Bills had 2-3 guys right on a receiver, but Cutler was able to deliver the ball a second or two before the defense could react.

I'm very excited about this secondary. Could you imagine how good these guys would be with a good pass rush?

Considering there was next to nothing in terms of a pass rush(except for Mitchell's sack on the blitz), the cornerbacks did a pretty good job. I know there were many passes completed to wide open receivers and Cutler missed open targets a few times, but he was only 25 of 45 for a pedestrian completion rate of 56%.

That being said, Whitner's play continues to leave a lot to be desired. He wiffed when trying to tackle Royal on the end around and was late getting to the play numerous times. Even his hit that caused the fumble was a lame attempt at a tackle, but he got lucky by the fact that his helmet hit the ball.

BUT HE HAD 351 yards Passing and it was the recievers who dropped the balls with the exception of Mcgees critical knocking the ball out of the recievers hand in the endzone. It was a LIne backer who made the other critical Interception.

Many times there were 3 players around the reciever and the reciever still caugh the ball.

We won the game mostly because Denver shot themselves come on 532 yards and you still lose to a team that only produced 275 yards if that was us I could just see this board blowing up!! Our Qb only had 195 yds passing and 65 of that to a RB on one play.

BUT HE HAD 351 yards Passing and it was the recievers who dropped the balls with the exception of Mcgees critical knocking the ball out of the recievers hand in the endzone. It was a LIne backer who made the other critical Interception.

Many times there were 3 players around the reciever and the reciever still caugh the ball.

We won the game mostly because Denver shot themselves come on 532 yards and you still lose to a team that only produced 275 yards if that was us I could just see this board blowing up!! Our Qb only had 195 yds passing and 65 of that to a RB on one play.

The point is that the CB's made plays when they needed to, in fact they made plays when the game was on the line. McKelvin should've had a pick, Corner and Mcgee almost had int's as well. We certainly looked like a bend but don't break defense out there today but if we had any kind of pass rush we would have won by 14-17.

Absolutely agree. Very good point. I said in game chat yesterday that the Bills D-line couldn't sack groceries much less a QB.

Your assessment is a bit harsh here - remember the guy is still playing with a separated shoulder. I can agree that he is a stretch 8th pick but he should not be eternally dammed for this. Give the guy some credit - he did cause the fumble I'll take one of those every game please.

Absolutely agree. Very good point. I said in game chat yesterday that the Bills D-line couldn't sack groceries much less a QB.

Your assessment is a bit harsh here - remember the guy is still playing with a separated shoulder. I can agree that he is a stretch 8th pick but he should not be eternally dammed for this. Give the guy some credit - he did cause the fumble I'll take one of those every game please.

He HAS a separated shoulder or HAD a separated shoulder? I don't give a damn if they picked him 8th or in the 7th round, his play still leaves a lot to be desired.

It was actually Reggie Corner, he made a great athletic play to pry the ball from Stokley's hands. McGee played well all day and so did McKelvin, even with that interception being negated.

More like Cutler didn't make plays when he needed to. Eddie Royal had beaten McKelvin, who had fallen down, by 20 yards, and Cutler overthrew him on what should have been a sure TD. On the pass to Marshall near the corner of the end zone late in the game, McGee had pretty good coverage, but a good pass results in a TD. And Stokely flat out beat Reggie Corner on the 3rd down play at the end of the game. He was wide open. Last but not least, Cutler overthrew a deep pass to an open Royal in the first half -- that was the pass Whitner dropped. So no, I'm not giving the CBs too much credit, although they made some good plays here and there.

More like Cutler didn't make plays when he needed to. Eddie Royal had beaten McKelvin, who had fallen down, by 20 yards, and Cutler overthrew him on what should have been a sure TD. On the pass to Marshall near the corner of the end zone late in the game, McGee had pretty good coverage, but a good pass results in a TD. And Stokely flat out beat Reggie Corner on the 3rd down play at the end of the game. He was wide open. Last but not least, Cutler overthrew a deep pass to an open Royal in the first half -- that was the pass Whitner dropped. So no, I'm not giving the CBs too much credit, although they made some good plays here and there.

Agreed. Cutler blew both the third and the fourth down passes on the last drive. Both WRs were wide open for easy TDs. Corner came back and made a good play on the terrible pass but he was beat badly both plays.

Ultimately, however, with McGee, McLovin, Youboty returning and Corner as #4, we can afford to let Greer go. I'd love to keep Greer but the money he would cost is needed in a lot of other positions.

Agreed. Cutler blew both the third and the fourth down passes on the last drive. Both WRs were wide open for easy TDs. Corner came back and made a good play on the terrible pass but he was beat badly both plays.

Ultimately, however, with McGee, McLovin, Youboty returning and Corner as #4, we can afford to let Greer go. I'd love to keep Greer but the money he would cost is needed in a lot of other positions.

Moreover, Corner, McKelvin, and Whitner dropped INTs. McKelvin made a nice one that was overturned by a penalty, but thoughts of Thomas "hands of stone" Smith came to mind while watching the game ...

Moreover, Corner, McKelvin, and Whitner dropped INTs. McKelvin made a nice one that was overturned by a penalty, but thoughts of Thomas "hands of stone" Smith came to mind while watching the game ...

I thought McKelvins was kind of a tough catch because he was trying to cover the WR who suddenly fell and then the ball was low. I woulldnt consider that a flat drop but he could have had it. Whitner and Corner definitely dropped them. Whitner has to make that play especially. The holding on Stroud that negated the excellent INT by Leodis was nonsense and never should have been called. I love McKelvins attitude. I think he could be a star in this league. The one play he dropped the ball, Cutler was whining it should have been interference to the refs even though Royal just fell and Leodis got right in Cutler's face, yelling at him. It was great because Cutler's such a crybaby.

The only problem with letting Greer walk is that McGee is a FA at the end of next season and he is going to cost a LOT more to re-sign than Greer will. If you let them both walk(Greer after this season and McGee after next season), it will right back to drafting more CB's in the 1st round. :lol:

I thought McKelvins was kind of a tough catch because he was trying to cover the WR who suddenly fell and then the ball was low. I woulldnt consider that a flat drop but he could have had it. Whitner and Corner definitely dropped them. Whitner has to make that play especially. The holding on Stroud that negated the excellent INT by Leodis was nonsense and never should have been called. I love McKelvins attitude. I think he could be a star in this league. The one play he dropped the ball, Cutler was whining it should have been interference to the refs even though Royal just fell and Leodis got right in Cutler's face, yelling at him. It was great because Cutler's such a crybaby.

McKelvin's drop was definitely a tough catch, and I love his attitude too. What really won me over was him taunting the Jets fans before kickoff returns (you probably missed it because of the ads). The guy loves to play, and he seems like the sort of guy who has no memory -- perfect for a CB. He's really talented.

McKelvin's drop was definitely a tough catch, and I love his attitude too. What really won me over was him taunting the Jets fans before kickoff returns (you probably missed it because of the ads). The guy loves to play, and he seems like the sort of guy who has no memory -- perfect for a CB. He's really talented.

I was at the game yesterday and he was doing the same thing to the Denver fans in the endzone. Giving them the X factor and pumping him and his teammates up before the kickoff. We need more emotional leaders like this. A little swagger isn't a bad thing as long as he doesn't turn into Vernon Davis.

A huge part of Cutler's bad passes can be directly attributed to pressure. Yes, we didn't sack him and I know that's all people care about; but we did manage to get pressure on Cutler with our blitzes. Why they don't blitz more, I'll never know. But, almost every time they got in his face, Cutler made a bad throw.

The problem was that we spent too much time rushing 3 or 4 guys, dropping everyone into coverage, and Cutler like any descent QB, just stood back there and picked apart the zone. Hopefully, Fewell will wake up one day and realize that pressure on the QB is the best way to defend a good QB. Given our Dline, I'd suggest blitzing on 3 out of 4 plays next week.