Two Things I Has Happy to See Today

BillsNYC

1) Trent Edwards isn't a bust yet, we learned he is a much better QB than JP. He shouldn't be anointed yet, but good to see he still COULD be our future QB.

2) WE WON A F-ING COLD WEATHER GAME!!!!! Maybe some of these guys can play in the cold. Guess we'll see next week though.

1) Trent Edwards isn't a bust yet, we learned he is a much better QB than JP. He shouldn't be anointed yet, but good to see he still COULD be our future QB.

2) WE WON A F-ING COLD WEATHER GAME!!!!! Maybe some of these guys can play in the cold. Guess we'll see next week though.

yeah..never though TE was a bust---but closing out the season somewhat strong is important for everyone not only Trent..

"Bust" shouldn't even be in our vocabulary about Trent yet. We have to see how he plays coming out of a slump and today's game goes a long way towards that evaluation.

You forgot that we finally beat a team with a winning record (on the road no less)! THAT was great to see. Nice early Christmas present for the fans. This team has a lot more talent than their record indicates, nice going Jaur...aaah maybe I'll just leave him alone for tonight.

:lol:

Agreed. I was really hoping Trent would get healthy and play these last two games. So far so good. It's very important, IMO, to go into the off season with zero questions about the most critical position on the field. One more decent week and we can do that.

1. Playcalls to take advantage of favorable matchups:

Jackson on a LB going deep, Trent rolling out, a WR screen to Parrish working for a change, Steve Johnson using his body to catch a TD over a small rookie DB, blitzing when Denver had an empty backfield etc. It's like a whole seasons worth of good coaching expressed in one game! Way to go Turk and Perry

2. Effort and coming back AT MILE HIGH when Denver had everything to play for. Winning a "meaningless "game can have a great effect on a young team.

3. No turnovers

4. No stupid timeouts, challenges, or clock management snafus.

5. Minimal use of Robert Royal---It's always a good thing!

6. A rare WIN over a team with a winning record (for the moment)

Agreed. I was really hoping Trent would get healthy and play these last two games. So far so good. It's very important, IMO, to go into the off season with zero questions about the most critical position on the field. One more decent week and we can do that.

Yep.With all of our questions going into next year--the last thing we need is a question about QB.

Some people think Trent is even close to being a bust?! :lol::worthy::wallbash:

I don't. But, his progress was slower, this year, than many here expected. But, to be realistic the praise that was being heaped on him, early in the year, was over the top when compared to his actual performance.

I think he will be fine. I wish he didn't start games so slowly. Today it was understandable, coming off the injury. But, he has been a slow starter for many games, this year.

He REALLY has to become better at taking shots downfield. The pass to Jackson was beautiful, but Evans is not utilized at all, in this offense.

A) I really do think that the Bills need to show some horrible effort in some key positions. QB is not one of them. Say what you want about TE, but he is the QB of the present and future. He started off horribly, but he ended up playing a very good game. I wish that some of the playmakers like lynch, evans, and reed had TDs, but whatever. TE is finishing what he started. After this disaster of a season, you can't really ask for more.

I never thought Trent was a bust, I just don't think he is the savior. We need other positions to be solid, like some positions on the offensive line and need more pass rush from the defense.

Players come from all over the country, many from cold weather states. And in college they travel to cold weather states. Can't always use the excuse of cold weather. If you remember Kelly grew up on PA and the went to Miami for college. He didn't want to play for a team in cold northeast. Bust when he came to Buffalo he played great for Buffalo. Marino who also grew up in PA (cold weather state) and was drafted by Miami. He played terrible up most of the time (not every time). Need to stop using the weather as an excuse.

I don't. But, his progress was slower, this year, than many here expected. But, to be realistic the praise that was being heaped on him, early in the year, was over the top when compared to his actual performance.

I think he will be fine. I wish he didn't start games so slowly. Today it was understandable, coming off the injury. But, he has been a slow starter for many games, this year.

He REALLY has to become better at taking shots downfield. The pass to Jackson was beautiful, but Evans is not utilized at all, in this offense.

For an organization of ours, we've given time to those who haven't panned out, but once again we have to be patient with Edwards. He is only a 2nd year QB, but looks like he still could be a great QB some day. Of course it's not going to happen next week, but we just have to remember even Montana, Peyton, Brady, Marino, etc.....will have days where they throw 3 picks.

I never thought Trent was a bust, I just don't think he is the savior. We need other positions to be solid, like some positions on the offensive line and need more pass rush from the defense.

Players come from all over the country, many from cold weather states. And in college they travel to cold weather states. Can't always use the excuse of cold weather. If you remember Kelly grew up on PA and the went to Miami for college. He didn't want to play for a team in cold northeast. Bust when he came to Buffalo he played great for Buffalo. Marino who also grew up in PA (cold weather state) and was drafted by Miami. He played terrible up most of the time (not every time). Need to stop using the weather as an excuse.

Who is using weather as an excuse?

I don't think it's wrong to consider weather, because it exists. And it does impact SOME players' performances. Are there Bills players using the weather as an excuse? If I had a choice between two fine players, and I KNOW that one of them has played, successfully, in cold weather, that would be an advantage, I think. Likewise, if a player has demonstrated an aversion to the bad weather, I might be a little hesitant to go after him?

Using a player's ability to perform in bad weather isn't using it as an excuse...it is simply doing a proper evaluation.

I agree Bills, but can I add to the list.......

Lindell.....he's shaken off the bad games and had a nice game today. If he dont make those kicks we simply dont win the game.

McKelvin......kid gives us field position without getting the ball on kickoffs.

Last but not least Fred Jackson......great insurance when Lynch is down. Pound for pound Jackson is as good as Lynch.

Ya, winning this game in such frigid conditions, and on the road certainly showed me a lot about Edwards. :angry: Def. some kudos to him.

Who is using weather as an excuse?

I don't think it's wrong to consider weather, because it exists. And it does impact SOME players' performances. Are there Bills players using the weather as an excuse? If I had a choice between two fine players, and I KNOW that one of them has played, successfully, in cold weather, that would be an advantage, I think. Likewise, if a player has demonstrated an aversion to the bad weather, I might be a little hesitant to go after him?

Using a player's ability to perform in bad weather isn't using it as an excuse...it is simply doing a proper evaluation.

If you remember they used the excuse for Trent a couple times last year.

I agree Bills, but can I add to the list.......

Lindell.....he's shaken off the bad games and had a nice game today. If he dont make those kicks we simply dont win the game.

McKelvin......kid gives us field position without getting the ball on kickoffs.

Last but not least Fred Jackson......great insurance when Lynch is down. Pound for pound Jackson is as good as Lynch.

McKelvin has been one of teh few bright spots for us this year. He's def. developing into a star player all-around. It's a shame that INT didn't count

As for Fred Jackson, he's turning into one of my favorite players on the team mainly b/c of his history and how hard he's had to work to get here.

Taking a making a few shots downfield opens things up underneath. The past few weeks, teams haven't given the underneath stuff any room because they weren't worried about the Bills going deep. An offense, as in life, runs best with balance.