RJ v. JP controversy...who was worse?

Charles Romes

Amazingly similar games. Both had rocket arms, great foot speed. Both utterly oblivious to the rush. RJ may have been the most oblivious of all time. Both used the "sacks don't hurt" flaw of the QB rating system to build up decent stats. RJ was more fragile, JP was shorter. Both bad game managers. JP was worse at the short range touch pass.

Amazingly similar games. Both had rocket arms, great foot speed. Both utterly oblivious to the rush. RJ may have been the most oblivious of all time. Both used the "sacks don't hurt" flaw of the QB rating system to build up decent stats. RJ was more fragile, JP was shorter. Both bad game managers. JP was worse at the short range touch pass.

rj was worse than jp--esp towards the end.......did u see him in tampa?? gruden couldnt believe what he was seeing. sad.

No contest, JP is worse. RJ played effectively at times, JP never has. Please don't misundersand me, RJ did not have it, and neither does JP. The difference is that when RJ had a lot of time to throw, he could look good.

RJ also had a better surrounding cast.

That said, they both suck and were complete failures as NFL QBs. Can we please get over it and move on?

RJ was a better QB than JP Losman...both have/had good scrambling ability, but RJ used that skill more effectively than JP. Also, RJ was more accurate...I really think that Johnson, had he been able to stary healthy, would have been a pretty decent NFL QB. True, he was oblivious to the rush, but the guy had a tremendous arm, and didn't struggle with the fundamentals of managing the game as a QB...he did struggle, however, with pass rush detection...typically, when JP has had a good game, it is only really average, save a big play, maybe two. RJ was a better decision maker.

Dude, are you serious?

How bout this.....

Edwards or Bledsoe?

Flutie or Collins?

BJ Hobert or Van Pelt?

Hamdan or Nall?

Did I forget anyone?

Maybe we could nab Michael Vick next year, or McNabb and add their names to the list.

RJ was a better QB than JP Losman...both have/had good scrambling ability, but RJ used that skill more effectively than JP. Also, RJ was more accurate...I really think that Johnson, had he been able to stary healthy, would have been a pretty decent NFL QB. True, he was oblivious to the rush, but the guy had a tremendous arm, and didn't struggle with the fundamentals of managing the game as a QB...he did struggle, however, with pass rush detection...typically, when JP has had a good game, it is only really average, save a big play, maybe two. RJ was a better decision maker.

JP was worse....if not for the music sh*tty miracle (and a holding call against the Bills during a missed Titans' FG attempt that gave Del Greco another shot) RJ would have actually won a playoff game.

But neither is (should be) a starting QB in the NFL....

Per Pro-Football-Reference.com,

RJ was 9-17 as a Bills starter + 0-1 in the playoffs. He did go 3-0 in his starts in the NFL with other teams. :wallbash:

JP was 10-21 as a starter going into this season, and lost his only 2 starts as a Bills QB this year to finish at 10-23.

So RJ > JP

Dude, are you serious?

How bout this.....

Edwards or Bledsoe?

Flutie or Collins?

BJ Hobert or Van Pelt?

Hamdan or Nall?

Did I forget anyone?

Maybe we could nab Michael Vick next year, or McNabb and add their names to the list.

We can haved an offseason 'tournament of failure' in the offseason.

Probably the only thing that would cause me to cancel season tickets and close myself off from watching the Bills is if they got Vick.