Those who think Bledsoe has still 'got it'

Tolstoy

Does anyone else agree that we're officially at the dead horse stage with the Bledsoe bashing posts. Bledsoe is history once JP Losman is well enough to start games. This is painfully obvious even to those who supported him to the very end. Enough already, it's become a boring topic.

I still think he has it. But it depends upon what you define that to mean. Does he still have the skill and athleticism to play QB in this league? Yup.

Does he have the ability to elevate the other ten guys on offense over their own ineptitude and that of his rookie coaching staff? Nope. But there are very few in this league who do.

What I love about these threads and these posts is that you all presume to KNOW that Drew has no competitive fire in his belly, no will to win. This is hilarious. How the PHuck do any of you making these statements know this? Spend time in the locker room, have ya? Been in the Bills huddle? Been in meetings?

Just because the guy can't offset the dumbass mistakes the rest of the team is making does not mean he doesn't want to win and win badly. You guys are really hilarious. <_<

I agree he hasn't had many "bad" games, so, no its not all his fault. But he hasn't lifted his game up to put this team on his shoulders and win a game for us. He is no longer capable of doing that.

Thank you. Bledsoe only really cost us the Baltimore game. However, the Oak and Jax games were there for the taking. Same with the Jets.

I was the biggest Bledsoe supporter. I defended Bledsoe against Spiked and others all year. Even my hero , the great Jim Kelly had 4 int games. Hey "Interceptions are part of football," he used to say. Then he'd go out and throw 4 TDs the next week and we'd forget all about the 4 INT game. The problem here is that Bledsoe has not made a game winning play for the Bills since 2002. Have we won games since then....sure. But the team either won because Bledsoe didn't screw up or in spite of him. The Oakland game this year...C'mon Drew make a play, lead your team to victory. No way, meekly going down and offering up excuses. Get some passion, some fire in the belly. The Dallas and Houston games in 2003, are perfect examples of games that were there for the taking if only the leader of the team could step up and make a play. It never happened.

But it was after the Baltimore game and even his "angry" defense of his play that really burned me up. If he would have walked into the Baltimore press conference and flipped over the table, said I can't take this anymore, I promise all the fans we're gonna win next week and I'm going to play the friggin game of my life, I would have believed in him. But he plays like he did and apologizes to the Bills fans because he's still the QB???? Then he deflects blame to others around him. Give me a friggin break. You're the leader, STEP THE FUG UP!!!!

Why is that these guys who mellow out, get married, have kids and stop stage diving turn into has-beens all of a sudden on the field? Drew needs to get drunk, go party and bust up a bunch of people's faces.

Remember when Jim Kelly was bar hopping in Buffalo and Niagra every night? He was throwing 80 mph water balloons at women! And he was the best damn QB on the planet. Then he married Jill and had Hunter. The Bills went straight down the tubes.

89156[/snapback]

Don't forget Jim Schoenfeld, who turned into the biggest puss on the Sabres.

What I love about these threads and these posts is that you all presume to KNOW that Drew has no competitive fire in his belly, no will to win.  This is hilarious.  How the PHuck do any of you making these statements know this?  Spend time in the locker room, have ya?  Been in the Bills huddle?  Been in meetings?

Just because the guy can't offset the dumbass mistakes the rest of the team is making does not mean he doesn't want to win and win badly.  You guys are really hilarious.  <_<

89291[/snapback]

I concur whole-heartedly! I can't argue much re: his inconsistent production but the whole passion and "fire in the Belly" references are Roll on the Floor funny! :lol: Hey, the guy might be failing in ways but to think that he's not giving every ounce of himself to try to rectify the problems and to try to win football games for this team is ridiculous.

I'm curious.  Many posts still refer to Bledsoe Apologists, but I can't imagine that anyone would still defend Bledsoe's football skills.  Mind you, this has nothing to do with his qualities as a human being, which may be exemplary.

Admittedly, at the beginning of the season, I thought with a good system, and a good coach, Bledsoe would have a comeback.  I was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Bledsoe is a broken QB who isn't going to get fixed.

Are there any Bledsoe apologists still out there?  Does anyone still think he has what it takes to lead this team to a victorious season?  Step forward please so we can peer at you with wondrous awe. 

If there is no one out there, then I figure it's not just me and a few others who think Bledsoe has had it, but every reasonable person.  This would mean that it is more likely that Malarkey agrees with us, and benches Bledsoe in the near future (Heavens be praised).

On the other hand, if a lot of you step up to defend Bledsoe, I am not so hopeful that Malarkey sees things the way I (and others) do, and may stick with Bledsoe the rest of the way (pass the arsenic please).

89077[/snapback]

I last few years all Drew had going for was a strong arm and accuracy. He's lost his accuracy. Without it, he's totally useless. Looks like he's the last one to know it's over.

I think Drew Bledsoe can definitely still play at a hall-of-fame level, in the right situation, which includes...

An all-pro offensive line...

another all-pro offensive line behind the first one...

Make opposing rushers where cement shoes...

Receivers wearing velcro gloves...

Laser guided footballs to correct passes thrown behind receivers...

50-yard end zones...

Allow receivers to catch balls on a bounce...

Opposing d-backs cannot use their hands to defend passes, only their heads...

Lots and lots of prozac.

PTR

I last few years all Drew had going for was a strong arm and accuracy.  He's lost his accuracy.  Without it, he's totally useless.  Looks like he's the last one to know it's over.

89498[/snapback]

Drew's accuracy on the short pass was never, well...very accurate. He's only ever had touch on the long ball, and I'd say he still has that.

If Bledsoe was behind a half way decent line his play would be alot more respectable that was it has been. Many of his bad decisions are due to the fact the guy is shellshocked. Pure and simple. Sure, he still has it but we made never see it behind this line.

What made Flutie look effective behind a bad line was his mobility. That is why JP will immediately make this line look good.