Did you just hear Keyshawn...

Alphadawg7

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent is NO McNabb...dont even go there...

Third, Westbrook has been a reciever threat for him since only 2004 and didnt become Elite until his breakout year in 2006. So, that hardly covers McNabbs career...look some stats up before you shoot off at the hip...

I try to reference recent developments, because I just don't think what McNabb did in the first half of his career has much bearing on what he will do in 2009, 2010, etc. I'm looking at trends, and McNabb is trending downward. Professional athletes decline with age. That's a fact. McNabb is no exception.

Even if McNabb has had no talent at WR, so what? How would things be any different if he came here? Let's be honest, it's not like Evans and Reed (or Johnson, or Hardy) are much of an upgrade over Kevin Curtis and DeSean Jackson.

Finally, you can already tell about how good Trent will be, huh? To that I tell you this: There once was an NFL QB who threw 46 interceptions against only 19 TDs his first two years. He was widely regarded as a bust. Then, a funny thing happened. He got better. Not just a little better. I'm talking three time Pro Bowl, four-time Super Bowl winner, Hall of Fame better. His name? Terry Bradshaw. So don't think it can't happen. McNabb isn't worth the risk

People in Philly (where I work) B word and moan when the Eagles lose and want to run him out of town. Judging by the language of the team and things like the benching, I think that could be a likely thing.

I always say that We'd happily take him off the Fecal's hands and they dont know what they would be doing. If they got rid of McNabb and Reid, they would be in the dark ages for a long time unless they got very, very lucky.

When I referenced "small body of work" it was in reference to best of the last 10 years when you brought up Warner...

Second, Trent is NO McNabb...dont even go there...

Third, Westbrook has been a reciever threat for him since only 2004 and didnt become Elite until his breakout year in 2006. So, that hardly covers McNabbs career...look some stats up before you shoot off at the hip...

Not to mention, you just justified McNabb because he HAS to throw to a RB, which should tell you how little he has to work with at WR...No one in their right mind who has any football knowledge at all would EVER claim McNabb has had talent to throw to in the course of his career. In fact, the first thing they point out is how he only had T.O. for a season and a half, and besides that NO BODY!

McNabb has had some good years, and has also labored with some mediocre supporting players and intermittently horrible play-calling from his coaches, but as someone who has lived in Philly for the past 5 years I am having a hard time getting terribly enthusiastic about him coming to B-lo. He has shown signs this year of wearing down in between good performances, and often looks pretty worn out. Furthermore, these mid-to-late-career QB shifts rarely pan out as much as the new teams hope. For every Norm van Brocklin or Jim Plunkett there are a lot of Drew Bledsoes, Daunte Culpeppers, and Niel O'Donnels. I think a vet backup is a good idea, but McNabb does not fit that role, IMHO.

Seriously? I wasn't following the play real closely. Tubsy Reid is acting like JaurTard.

Yeah, it was hilarious...you have Westbrook, McNabb and Buckhalter inside the 5 on 2nd down against the fourth worst rushing D in the league and you have a 5'10" rookie WR throw a pass right up the gut with McNabb and Westbrook lined up as WR...

DJ or Turk must have called that play in...

Yeah, it was hilarious...you have Westbrook, McNabb and Buckhalter inside the 5 on 2nd down against the fourth worst rushing D in the league and you have a 5'10" rookie WR throw a pass right up the gut with McNabb and Westbrook lined up as WR...

DJ or Turk must have called that play in...

LOL DeSean Jackson's only purpose is to run fast and catch the ball.

McNabb has had some good years, and has also labored with some mediocre supporting players and intermittently horrible play-calling from his coaches, but as someone who has lived in Philly for the past 5 years I am having a hard time getting terribly enthusiastic about him coming to B-lo. He has shown signs this year of wearing down in between good performances, and often looks pretty worn out. Furthermore, these mid-to-late-career QB shifts rarely pan out as much as the new teams hope. For every Norm van Brocklin or Jim Plunkett there are a lot of Drew Bledsoes, Daunte Culpeppers, and Niel O'Donnels. I think a vet backup is a good idea, but McNabb does not fit that role, IMHO.

The Bills don't need a vet back up. I think Trent could handle that role.

I would take McNabb, and I think it would benefit Trent a lot. A lot of people freak out of Brady, Cassell etc and their talent but what they don't acknowledge is that they each had a GOOD QB from which they could learn. Trent had no-one to emulate. The Bills have gone for years picking guys as if they were ready to go, but they've not had anyone to develop them. McNabb is pretty talented with good work ethic and leadership skills and I think he would work with Trent to help him be ready to be a more effective starter.

In the pregame they are talking about McNabb and how with McNabb your team has a chance to go to be good and go to the Super Bowl...how in his entire career he has only had a #1 target in just 23 games...how he is still an elite QB and top 5 in the league...

So Keyshawn chimes in and says, if you dont want em Philly, Buffalo will take him...

I say, HELLZ YEAH we will take him...gawd I hope we go after McNabb if he is available...give them Trent and our #1

Bringing in McNabb will be similar to when we brought in Bledsoe & also when the Ravens brought in McNair. We would see good results for a year, maybe 2, then he'll fizzle out like Bledsoe & McNair did.

Bringing in McNabb will be similar to when we brought in Bledsoe & also when the Ravens brought in McNair. We would see good results for a year, maybe 2, then he'll fizzle out like Bledsoe & McNair did.

Right now us fans are so desperate we're willing to accept 'good results for a year' as opposed to 3 more years of this sh--.

I'd give up a second for McNabb, easy. That's about it.

Trent can learn under him, a new QB we draft, whoever. When McNabb "fizzles" after three years or so, so be it... the new guy will be ready to step in.

Speaking of QB's, I only ask because I've seen him several times and a few scouts have been quoted as saying given some time to learn the pro game he could develop into a decent prospect, but what about a 6th, 7th round pick or post-draft free agent deal for Drew Willy? At this point, I think we need to explore every possible option at QB...

I think Buffalo would have been better off going after Daunte Culpepper than Donovan McNabb. Culpepper would have been a lot cheaper than McNabb and McNabb is getting a little too old to give up a #1 pick.

Plus McNabb strings together some terrible games every year.

There is a reason why Culpepper has been on a different team the last 4 or 5 years, and at times, not even on a team. He is through. His career took a steep nosedive when Moss was traded away from the Vikings and Cris Carter left. He was the benefit of great receivers and a coaching staff that liked to throw.

Alpha dog your logic is laughable. Not only a first round pick, but also Trent, or a third? Where is the precedent for such a high price for a guy on decline? You will argue that the qb's below are of lesser talent (which is true), or in Favre's case, significantly older. But a first and a third? Come on man, you are forgetting one thing in all of this: salary. Daunte signed a 100 mil deal back in 2002, and he's making 10-12 mil until 2013. If Philly got rid of him, it would probably be because they feel that his salary doesn't match his performance anymore, and they would dump the guy, most likely for cheap.

I couldn't imagine Philly getting anything more than a 3rd or a 4th for McNabb, maybe a package of picks, or at most, a second if they got lucky.

29 yr old Daunte Culpepper = traded, 2nd round draft pick

32 yr old Steve McNair = traded, 4th round pick

39 yr old Brett Favre = traded, 4th round draft pick

26 yr old UNPROVEN Matt Schaub = traded, two 2nd round picks

Oh and by the way, do you still think that the Bills were up by 4 instead of 3 when we ran that play with 2:06 left?

I think Buffalo would have been better off going after Daunte Culpepper than Donovan McNabb. Culpepper would have been a lot cheaper than McNabb and McNabb is getting a little too old to give up a #1 pick.

Plus McNabb strings together some terrible games every year.

McNabb is 32. Same age as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

I too would trade Edwards and a #1 for him.

Keyshawn brought up Buffalo because he was just making reference to Boom's favorite team - obviously the Bills and then Keyshawn corrected himself...I think he said something like, "Boom we can see from your favorite team, uhm...I mean one of your favorite 31 teams....." then he was talking about how unfair the criticism was on McNabb and how good he is - then he said Buffalo would take him - he just got done referencing the Bills to Berman that's why he made the comment I'm guessing.

But hells yeah, McNabb on the Bills - great post about the past quarterbacks and what they were traded for, I would give Philly a third this year and a third next, 2nd round picks (day one picks) are way too valuable.

If McNabb leaves the Eagles, he would want a starting job which I don't think we should offer him. Favre aside, McNabb is getting up there in age and we are a team built on young talent. I would rather continue down the path we are on and bring in a veteran to back-up Trent who does not come in with expectations of being a starter.

I still remember McNabb's choke job in the last quarter of the superbowl and feel he cannot put a team over the hump.

Color me stupid, but I would rather stick with Trent for at least one more season. I am done with this unending carousel at the QB position.

Any QB on this Bills team will be average at best...our offensive system is too basic and other than Evans and Lynch the skill players are pedestrian.

Yep. And I still think Edwards could be really good with a good coaching and a mentor to help him out. In those games where he was amazing (going back to last year), if you watch him closely in the pocket, he kept his feet on the ground (none of this bouncing he does now) and acted like nothing was going on around him trusting his line to do their job (which at times this season they actually have). But the best example, to me, of why Trent actually has the talent JP doesn't goes back to one play: the one in which he suffered his concussion in the AZ game. He completed that pass into traffic. I distinctly remember saying "wow" after that play and not because of the hit he took but because he completed the pass to begin with. And I don't think he was just lucky there.

That said, McNabb isn't completely washed up. While fantasy numbers aren't exactly the best gauge of the on-field quality of a QB (e.g. Jon Kitna from last season), in some formats they are telling particularly in TD-heavy leagues. And, given that, I've had McNabb on my fantasy team this year and he's one of the top five or six in the league (of course, he's riding my bench because I also have Kurt Warner, but...).

Alpha dog your logic is laughable. Not only a first round pick, but also Trent, or a third? Where is the precedent for such a high price for a guy on decline? You will argue that the qb's below are of lesser talent (which is true), or in Favre's case, significantly older. But a first and a third? Come on man, you are forgetting one thing in all of this: salary. Daunte signed a 100 mil deal back in 2002, and he's making 10-12 mil until 2013. If Philly got rid of him, it would probably be because they feel that his salary doesn't match his performance anymore, and they would dump the guy, most likely for cheap.

I couldn't imagine Philly getting anything more than a 3rd or a 4th for McNabb, maybe a package of picks, or at most, a second if they got lucky.

29 yr old Daunte Culpepper = traded, 2nd round draft pick

32 yr old Steve McNair = traded, 4th round pick

39 yr old Brett Favre = traded, 4th round draft pick

26 yr old UNPROVEN Matt Schaub = traded, two 2nd round picks

Oh and by the way, do you still think that the Bills were up by 4 instead of 3 when we ran that play with 2:06 left?

First off, I was mistaken about us being up 4 instead of 3...who cares...it was still a terrible call with 2nd and 5 and the way Marshawn was running...it amazes how people like to argue irrelevant symantics to make a point.

Culpepper is not anywhere near the league of McNabb, nor was he even close to his old self when traded for...throw that out because its not even remotely comparable.

McNair was nowhere near the league of McNabb except for one year of his career (which was back in 1999), and was washed up and broken when traded for...proof in point, he retired just 2 years later because his body couldnt take it anymore. By the way, Balt went 14-2 in McNairs first year there...so this isnt comparable.

Brett Farve is 39 and decides to retire every year, so you are not going to give up a first round pick for a QB for 1 year...

UNPROVEN Schaub got 2, yes TWO 2nd round picks, which actually makes a case you should GET MORE for a proven leader and Elite QB like McNabb with at least 3 or 4 good years left in him.

So all of your arguments are absurd and totally not comparable to trading for McNabb.

Did any of you even watch the game last night? The guy has great pocket presence, even Jaws kept saying "this is how you play QB in the NFL". The guy has a cannon, and is probably in the top 3 in the league in arm strength. He picked apart Cleveland, you know the team we couldnt beat when our season depended on it...the same team Trent couldnt throw more pass the line of scrimmage on...he threw for 290 yards and 2 TD's and didnt even play the 4th qtr...when was the last time a Buffalo QB did that?

He does that several times a season...we cant get a Buffalo QB to do it even once a season. He is only 32, and so is Brady and Manning...so you are saying you wouldnt want them too because of their age? Look at Farve, he is playing at a high level into his late 30's, almost was MVP last year at 38...thats 6 years older than McNabb.

McNabb hasnt had a #1 reciever but once in his career and it was for only 23 games, yet he still produces at a high level every year. Our WR's would be the best he has ever had with the exception of the year and a half he had T.O.

If Evans was in Philly his whole career, he would be a 80+catch 1500+ yard reciever every year. McNabb even made Stallworth look like an elite reciever the one year they were together. He couldnt stay healthy so they let him go...he produced NOTHING in NE last year as the #2 WR (Welker was #3) on the highest scoring team in football history. He has done NOTHING in Cleveland this year as the #2 WR...McNabb got that guy paid from playing with him for one season...

But you must be right, lets keep pressing with a fragile QB who easily has his confidence shaken, who even at his best cant get our WR's the ball down field...much better solution...the funniest part is McNabb has as many bad games as Buffalo QB's have good games...translation = VERY FEW. In fact, a good game for Trent (say 220 yards and a TD) would be considered a marginal game or off game for McNabb.

Thank god you people are not in the front office...

In the pregame they are talking about McNabb and how with McNabb your team has a chance to go to be good and go to the Super Bowl...how in his entire career he has only had a #1 target in just 23 games...how he is still an elite QB and top 5 in the league...

So Keyshawn chimes in and says, if you dont want em Philly, Buffalo will take him...

I say, HELLZ YEAH we will take him...gawd I hope we go after McNabb if he is available...give them Trent and our #1

You talk about me with my questioning of the Bills FO not bringing in a veteran WR in the offseason and you're willing to trade away Trent Edwards & our #1 pick? I'm glad you're not the GM.

You talk about me with my questioning of the Bills FO not bringing in a veteran WR in the offseason and you're willing to trade away Trent Edwards & our #1 pick? I'm glad you're not the GM.

What are you talking about? I wanted a veteran WR this past year. I think we now have found a pretty good player to develop in Steve Johnson, so I dont think its as pressing need going into next year, but before this season I definitely wanted some WR help and even was on the Bryant Johnson band wagon in the beginning (IF HE WAS AT THE PRICE HE WAS WORTH, just didnt want to over pay him and was SOOOO glad we didnt).

If we can get Boldin or Housh this year, then hell yeah bring em in, but if I had to choose between them or say a Elite QB or DE, I take the latter as I think our WR's will be much better with better QB play that provides a down the field threat instead of dink and dunk.

Man, I just dont get some of your comments...its like you are drunk when you read my posts as you grossly misinterpret what I say every time and twist it to mean something totally different.

What are you talking about? I wanted a veteran WR this past year. I think we now have found a pretty good player to develop in Steve Johnson, so I dont think its as pressing need going into next year, but before this season I definitely wanted some WR help and even was on the Bryant Johnson band wagon in the beginning (IF HE WAS AT THE PRICE HE WAS WORTH, just didnt want to over pay him and was SOOOO glad we didnt).

If we can get Boldin or Housh this year, then hell yeah bring em in, but if I had to choose between them or say a Elite QB or DE, I take the latter as I think our WR's will be much better with better QB play that provides a down the field threat instead of dink and dunk.

Man, I just dont get some of your comments...its like you are drunk when you read my posts as you grossly misinterpret what I say every time and twist it to mean something totally different.

I'm drunk...I think you have multiple personalities with your posts. You plan on giving up Edwards and our #1 pick, for a QB who plays spontaneously & is injury prone? I like McNabb, but he's either hit or miss. With giving away Edwards, do you really feel confident in Hamdan stepping in and playing? You know at some point Hamdan will come in because McNabb will get injured at some point in the season.

I agree with some of your points, I like Steve Johnson and think he can develop into a #2 WR, I wish he would get the ball thrown to him more. I was on the Brent Johnson bandwagon as well, but never heard the amount he was asking for...what was his price? It's too early to give up on Edwards, he needs more weapons. Royal should be cut loose after the season. We need a veteran backup QB. Housh or Jennings would be a great addition. A better Center would be nice. With our WR's, the only one that other teams gameplan around is Evans. IMO Evans is a below average #1 WR but is an overacheiving #2 WR. Evans has great speed, but can't shake the double-teams. How many times have we've seen Evans get between 1-4 receptions in a game? Reed is a great slot receiver but is not a #2 WR. Parrish is a 4th or 5th WR at best, he's great on Special Teams, but has been dropping almost everything thrown to him since coming back from surgery.

You're right in saying we need a better DE. IMO we need 2 DE's. Schobel is way overpaid and hasn't been producing over the last 2 seasons. If we can get better DE's, then we should try and trade Schobel to at least get something for him. He's not worth the %50.5 million dollar contract he got. We have NO pass rush and good QB's like Warner, Manning & Brady will pick us apart if we can't get people in their face.

I'm drunk...I think you have multiple personalities with your posts. You plan on giving up Edwards and our #1 pick, for a QB who plays spontaneously & is injury prone? I like McNabb, but he's either hit or miss. With giving away Edwards, do you really feel confident in Hamdan stepping in and playing? You know at some point Hamdan will come in because McNabb will get injured at some point in the season.

I agree with some of your points, I like Steve Johnson and think he can develop into a #2 WR, I wish he would get the ball thrown to him more. I was on the Brent Johnson bandwagon as well, but never heard the amount he was asking for...what was his price? It's too early to give up on Edwards, he needs more weapons. Royal should be cut loose after the season. We need a veteran backup QB. Housh or Jennings would be a great addition. A better Center would be nice. With our WR's, the only one that other teams gameplan around is Evans. IMO Evans is a below average #1 WR but is an overacheiving #2 WR. Evans has great speed, but can't shake the double-teams. How many times have we've seen Evans get between 1-4 receptions in a game? Reed is a great slot receiver but is not a #2 WR. Parrish is a 4th or 5th WR at best, he's great on Special Teams, but has been dropping almost everything thrown to him since coming back from surgery.

You're right in saying we need a better DE. IMO we need 2 DE's. Schobel is way overpaid and hasn't been producing over the last 2 seasons. If we can get better DE's, then we should try and trade Schobel to at least get something for him. He's not worth the %50.5 million dollar contract he got. We have NO pass rush and good QB's like Warner, Manning & Brady will pick us apart if we can't get people in their face.

The funniest thing is that I think I argue with you the most yet I agree with you on almost everything...including this last post.

As far as Trent and a #1 goes, my rationale is that if we decide he is NOT our future, than I would rather dump him than give up an additional pick that we could use on a more pressing need and bring in a veteran to back up McNabb as there will be plenty of servicable backups available cheap this offseason.

Personally, I would prefer to keep Edwards and get McNabb as cheap of possible. I just dont think its a reality. I think any offer to get McNabb will likely command at least a #1 pick to get him out of Philly, ESPECIALLY if he leads them to the playoffs. I can see Philly asking for Trent too as Kolb just looks awful when he gets a chance to play in the preseason or real games. If I was faced with giving up Trent and our #1, I would do it for a player the caliber of McNabb. It wouldnt be my first choice, but if push came to shove and that is what it took, then I would be ok with it.

The draft is deep at QB this year and we could pick up a young QB to groom the next 3 years...or (preferably) take one next year.

The funniest thing is that I think I argue with you the most yet I agree with you on almost everything...including this last post.

As far as Trent and a #1 goes, my rationale is that if we decide he is NOT our future, than I would rather dump him than give up an additional pick that we could use on a more pressing need and bring in a veteran to back up McNabb as there will be plenty of servicable backups available cheap this offseason.

Personally, I would prefer to keep Edwards and get McNabb as cheap of possible. I just dont think its a reality. I think any offer to get McNabb will likely command at least a #1 pick to get him out of Philly, ESPECIALLY if he leads them to the playoffs. I can see Philly asking for Trent too as Kolb just looks awful when he gets a chance to play in the preseason or real games. If I was faced with giving up Trent and our #1, I would do it for a player the caliber of McNabb. It wouldnt be my first choice, but if push came to shove and that is what it took, then I would be ok with it.

The draft is deep at QB this year and we could pick up a young QB to groom the next 3 years...or (preferably) take one next year.

Okay, that makes better sense. I don't want to give up on Edwards just yet, I feel he needs about 2 more weapons. Plus, I wish Ralph would open his pocketbook up on a good GM and coach. Regardless of who we have at QB, if we keep having lame ducks like Jauron as HC, we're never going to be a playoff team.

How much was B. Johnson asking for? I never heard the price.

I'm gonna say with Evans, Reed and Johnson on the field the Bills are ok at WR..we all saw what the offense was like without Reed..and when he came back he stepped in right where he was b4 he got hurt...he might not have outstanding #'s but he gets 1st downs when we need them...Johnson looks to be better than Hardy to me at this point...I'd rank the wr's in this way : 1-Evans, 2-Reed, 3-Johnson, 4-Hardy, 5-Jenkins..next season I wouldnt be suprised to see it go: 1-Evans, 2-Johnson, 3-Reed.....I also think D.Fine will be the TE we all are looking for next season..So far I really like his play...I'm hopeing TE watches tapes and says " hey I need to throw to Fine more often"

Okay, that makes better sense. I don't want to give up on Edwards just yet, I feel he needs about 2 more weapons. Plus, I wish Ralph would open his pocketbook up on a good GM and coach. Regardless of who we have at QB, if we keep having lame ducks like Jauron as HC, we're never going to be a playoff team.

How much was B. Johnson asking for? I never heard the price.

From what I heard was that he was pushing for a high end deal but couldnt find it, which is why he signed the 1 year deal in SF to try and play his way into a bigger deal this off season that he was seeking last year.

He has been a bust in SF and grossly outplayed by an old Issac Bruce. He wont find that deal this year either. Buffalo didnt want to waste time messing around with a 1 year deal...it was a lose lose for us. If he doesnt work out, he took time away from developing a young WR we could get in the draft. If he did have a big year, he would hold us over the coal's this offseason for a huge contract and likely go some where else anyway as he would be highly sought given his size and would likely sign with a Philly, Minn, Dall (they didnt have Roy at the time Buffalo was considering this), etc. if he showed big time talent during his year in Buffalo.

So, I was happy to see him go to SF as I didnt want to overpay for potential.

I'm gonna say with Evans, Reed and Johnson on the field the Bills are ok at WR..we all saw what the offense was like without Reed..and when he came back he stepped in right where he was b4 he got hurt...he might not have outstanding #'s but he gets 1st downs when we need them...Johnson looks to be better than Hardy to me at this point...I'd rank the wr's in this way : 1-Evans, 2-Reed, 3-Johnson, 4-Hardy, 5-Jenkins..next season I wouldnt be suprised to see it go: 1-Evans, 2-Johnson, 3-Reed.....I also think D.Fine will be the TE we all are looking for next season..So far I really like his play...I'm hopeing TE watches tapes and says " hey I need to throw to Fine more often"

;)

Totally agree

I agree as well. Reed brings a lot to our offense with his ability to gain crucial yards and his blocking. I hope Johnson and Fine will be more involved in our offense next season.

From what I heard was that he was pushing for a high end deal but couldnt find it, which is why he signed the 1 year deal in SF to try and play his way into a bigger deal this off season that he was seeking last year.

He has been a bust in SF and grossly outplayed by an old Issac Bruce. He wont find that deal this year either. Buffalo didnt want to waste time messing around with a 1 year deal...it was a lose lose for us. If he doesnt work out, he took time away from developing a young WR we could get in the draft. If he did have a big year, he would hold us over the coal's this offseason for a huge contract and likely go some where else anyway as he would be highly sought given his size and would likely sign with a Philly, Minn, Dall (they didnt have Roy at the time Buffalo was considering this), etc. if he showed big time talent during his year in Buffalo.

So, I was happy to see him go to SF as I didnt want to overpay for potential.

I was hoping we would've picked up a journeyman WR for 2-3 years and drafted a WR as well. It usually takes 2-3 years for a WR to develop, sometimes 4, so bringing in a veteran WR for at least 2 to 3 years would have been helpful to this offense. But I agree, I wouldn't have broke the bank on Johnson or given him a 1 year deal.

I was hoping we would've picked up a journeyman WR for 2-3 years and drafted a WR as well. It usually takes 2-3 years for a WR to develop, sometimes 4, so bringing in a veteran WR for at least 2 to 3 years would have been helpful to this offense. But I agree, I wouldn't have broke the bank on Johnson or given him a 1 year deal.

Yeah, would have been nice, but if you look at around at the Journeyman that signed places, they all got more money than they were worth...ask Jacksonville and Miami about that one...lol.

Wasnt a lot to choose from that was better than we had or could get in the draft. I definitely didnt expect Hardy to be a monster impact this year, although I will admit I expected more than we got from him, thats for sure. The coaching staff is really high on him still, at least they claim to be, so who knows what next year brings. Personally, I think Johnson emerges as the eventual #2 either during preseason or sometime during the season.

Then again, unless we get a QB to get these guys the ball, none of them are gonna develop or at least appear to develop. Even when Trent was doing ok he wasnt pushing the ball down field much...which is why I am not too high on him at this point when you add that into how fragile he has been his entire football life, and how bad his swagger and confidence dipped when he struggled. Dont get me wrong, I hope he rebounds and develops just like I will root for any of our guys to, but I just am not that optimistic after what I have seen this year.