Let's say the Bills pick 12th

Justice

Why does nobody mention DT in this thread? If Stroud gets hurt, we are the equivalent of the 2005 or 2006 Bills. I like Kyle Williams. He is a plugger, but more of a situational player. The need is there.

I don't know about you guys, but I have a lot of fun after the superbowl. That is the time of year that we can pretend that the Bills aren't going to stockpile the team with early round dbs and/or gadget players. <_<

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually..if Bills pick 8-12 Id like to see them trade down to like 20-25 and get an extra #2 and/or #3...use 1st round on Mack and use 2 #2's on DE and OLB..then go 3-TE, 3-DT, 4-CB, 5-OG, 6-QB, 7-whocares

right now Bills are sitting at pick 12..i can see 49ers and chargers winning 1 more atleast and Buffalo loseing rest of season...this would put Bills at about pick 8-10

1-lions 0-14

2-chiefs 2-12

2-rams 2-12

4-bengals 2-11-1

5-seahawks 3-11

5-raiders 3-11

7-browns 4-10

8-49ers 5-9

8-packers 5-9

8-jax 5-9

11-chargers 6-8

12-bills 6-8

13-saints 7-7

13-redskins 7-7

13-texans 7-7

16-arizona 8-6

16-bears 8-6

16-broncos 8-6

19-philly 8-5-1

20-atl 9-5

20-bucs 9-5

20-vikings 9-5

20-dallas 9-5

20-ravens 9-5

20-miami 9-5

20-ne* 9-5

20-jets 9-5

28-colts 10-4

29-panthers 11-3

29-nyg 11-3

29-pitt 11-3

32-tenn 12-2

I'm sorry man, but the thought of trading down disgusts me. We really don't need that much depth on this team...we've been accumulating depth for years now. WE NEED PLAYMAKERS!

Why does nobody mention DT in this thread? If Stroud gets hurt, we are the equivalent of the 2005 or 2006 Bills. I like Kyle Williams. He is a plugger, but more of a situational player. The need is there.

I don't know about you guys, but I have a lot of fun after the superbowl. That is the time of year that we can pretend that the Bills aren't going to stockpile the team with early round dbs and/or gadget players. <_<

I think people are more focusing on positions where we have nothing, like TE, or on positions where it is painfully obvious that we need an upgrade, like DE and OLB. After trading to get Stroud and w/ the situation the Bills have in regard to the DEs and OLBs, it would seem foolhardy to go after another DT before addressing DE, TE, or OLB.

I'm sorry man, but the thought of trading down disgusts me. We really don't need that much depth on this team...we've been accumulating depth for years now. WE NEED PLAYMAKERS!

man...everybody's shooting down my trade scenario...look, I'm not one to trade down myself...I would rather get the best player at the spot we are in...I was just giving an option to all thos ppl who want to take a center in round 1...I do not believe the Bills will take a center in the top 15 picks...especialy when theres like 5 really good centers coming out this year...maybe more if underclassmen come out aswell...the word "reach" is over-used and its crap...every single player taken in the draft is a reach...every single player taken in draft is good/great in college but who knows what they will do in NFL...the way I like to see the draft is to just take the best player in the "most needed position/needed position"on your team at the time of your pick...I do not comprehend the word "reach"(ie: Whitner), but I do comprehend the word "Bust"(ie: McCargo, Williams, Losman)...I just happen to feel that in round 2 Luigs or Caldwell will be there to take at pick #44..and to honest, I think Buffalo will be picking top 10 this year...the good thing about picking top 10 is every round(except round 1) you can find earlier round talent that slipped thru...picking at #40 is like a late 1st round pick, your 3rd round pick is like a late 2nd round talent and so on.

I think people are more focusing on positions where we have nothing, like TE, or on positions where it is painfully obvious that we need an upgrade, like DE and OLB. After trading to get Stroud and w/ the situation the Bills have in regard to the DEs and OLBs, it would seem foolhardy to go after another DT before addressing DE, TE, or OLB.

I agree except with OLB...Bills have a LB in Bowens on IR that is still considered a rookie due to we havent seen a damn thing on him...I think they will not draft an OLB this year so that they wont have 2 rookie LB's on the team...dont get me wrong, its not bad to have 2 rookie LB's at same time..thats not the point I'm trying to make...I'm saying, if you need talent in other places, why use a pick on a position you allready have a "rookie" in...If Bowens ends up crappy next season, use a 2010 pick on a LB...

heres a question..D.Fine hasnt played much and he hasnt looked like a Whitten or Gonzolaz on the field(who does?)...but with what we have seen of D.Fine..do you think the Bills should still go for a TE in the first 3 rounds?...I saw D.Fine make a great play in Sundays game...He caught the ball and pushed 4-5 defenders down field to make a 1st down..that to me is the kind of TE we need..should the Bills give him another year of playing before they look for another TE?..I can see a healthy TE throwing to Fine next year while Royal plays backup or somehwere else.

I wouldnt mind seeing this team next year:

QB-TE

RB-Lynch, Jackson

FB-Mcyntire

LT-Peters

LG-Dockerey

C-Rookie, Peterson

RG-Butler

LG-Walker

WR-Evans, Reed, Johnson

TE-Fine

RDE- Schobel

LDE- Rookie

DT-Stroud

DT-Willaims

OLB-Mitchell

ILB-Poz

OLB-Bowens

S-Whitner

S-Scott

CB-Mcgee, McKelvin (like Greer but I think he leaves for $)

my point is...if you all think Bills need upgrade at TE over Fine then I would like to see draft go - DE,C,TE,DT..if not then ID like to see draft go - DE, C, DT, whatever else is needed.

Would you reach for Alex Mack at that spot knowing he wont be there when we pick again in the second?

I would. He (Mack) is a definite upgrade at center and can change our offense completely.

No way! It's not that I'm opposed to "reaching" for a guy, but we have a much more pressing need: Defensive End.

My god do we need an impact pass rusher who can turf QBs 12+ times a year. We need a pass rush in the worst kind of way.

You have to love the off-season Bill. Once the SB is over, the clock starts on FA beginning. The senior bowl and combine offer plenty.

But it's depressing when the highlight of your season is waiting for the off-season. Just once I hope this team can get into the playoffs. The Bills have an uphill climb, considering they have to win in spite of an elderly distant owner, no GM, and a HC who should have been fired Sunday at about 4:30PM.

Still, working on the lines is not done. Just once I'd like this team to find a dominant lineman in the draft.

I really haven't seen much of either Center that you guys mentioned. I've only heard of this Alex Mack fella, but if you're asking me for my opinion, I think unless he is an absolute steal at the position we draft at, I'd MUCH rather draft a defensive end or a linebacker.

You mention that our defense was half decent (in another thread), but 2 positions we lack real depth (and many would argue if they were NFL caliber starters) at are defensive end and linebacker. I watch teams (with much envy) like the Ravens, Giants, Titans, Cowboys and Steelers, and those guys are in every game because they play smash mouth defense that keeps the offense in the game.

Yes, I do understand we need a real center, but can't we find one through free agency or even in another round of the draft instead of drafting him in the 1st round? As much as I've defended the defense for not being the worst in the league (which they aren't), I can acknowledge they are far from being an elite defense and I think we lack depth in key positions.

Trade for Raiola from the Lions, probably come somewhat cheap, wants out, then pick a bluechip defensive end.

You are no doubt correct, but I thnk that another DT would really go a long way to solve some problems in terms of teams running against us.

we had a pass rush? sweeet. i have to tell my mom. i didn't know we had one!

if they bring in a pass rushing DE, that will make a huge difference on turnovers, that our offense needs bad. We need good on rushing D adding stroud. our rushing D has been sound for the most part. now we need to add another block to the D.

the offense..... god help it. we need some new players and some one new doing the playcalling

At what point should the Bills consider drafting another WR given that Hardy might miss all of next year?

You are no doubt correct, but I thnk that another DT would really go a long way to solve some problems in terms of teams running against us.

Rank is 19th against the run and 11th against the pass. Numbers could be skewed a bit by teams not needing to pass, but those rankings surprise me. Seems like every pass against us is completed and I we haven't dirtied a QBs jersey all year (we rank 27th in sacks). Anyhoo, I would value a DE over a DT.

Give me the best DE, OLB or DT in the first round (assuming no trades or FA signings) and then take it from there filling those holes as well as TE and C.

man...everybody's shooting down my trade scenario...look, I'm not one to trade down myself...I would rather get the best player at the spot we are in...I was just giving an option to all thos ppl who want to take a center in round 1...I do not believe the Bills will take a center in the top 15 picks...especialy when theres like 5 really good centers coming out this year...maybe more if underclassmen come out aswell...the word "reach" is over-used and its crap...every single player taken in the draft is a reach...every single player taken in draft is good/great in college but who knows what they will do in NFL...the way I like to see the draft is to just take the best player in the "most needed position/needed position"on your team at the time of your pick...I do not comprehend the word "reach"(ie: Whitner), but I do comprehend the word "Bust"(ie: McCargo, Williams, Losman)...I just happen to feel that in round 2 Luigs or Caldwell will be there to take at pick #44..and to honest, I think Buffalo will be picking top 10 this year...the good thing about picking top 10 is every round(except round 1) you can find earlier round talent that slipped thru...picking at #40 is like a late 1st round pick, your 3rd round pick is like a late 2nd round talent and so on.

;):lol:

Would you reach for Alex Mack at that spot knowing he wont be there when we pick again in the second?

I would. He (Mack) is a definite upgrade at center and can change our offense completely.

Is WAY too early to speculate. Draft stock of these players will rise and fall. Wait till the combine-

I really haven't seen much of either Center that you guys mentioned. I've only heard of this Alex Mack fella, but if you're asking me for my opinion, I think unless he is an absolute steal at the position we draft at, I'd MUCH rather draft a defensive end or a linebacker.

You mention that our defense was half decent (in another thread), but 2 positions we lack real depth (and many would argue if they were NFL caliber starters) at are defensive end and linebacker. I watch teams (with much envy) like the Ravens, Giants, Titans, Cowboys and Steelers, and those guys are in every game because they play smash mouth defense that keeps the offense in the game.

Yes, I do understand we need a real center, but can't we find one through free agency or even in another round of the draft instead of drafting him in the 1st round? As much as I've defended the defense for not being the worst in the league (which they aren't), I can acknowledge they are far from being an elite defense and I think we lack depth in key positions.

I agree...it should be a defensive end or another defensive tackle. I think this draft will have to be lineman and linebacker heavy.

Mack is the best center out there, period, and none of the others are close.

I think that getting a center who can hold up against the huge nose tackles in this division is going to make a huge difference, huge, in the offense. It often happens that a line that looks terrible can suddenly look very good with one guy replaced. I think with a good center we will see a quantum improvement in this OL, and that will make us a much much better team.

To me, center is as big a need as DE. And both are huge!!

I would be VERY disappointed if we come out of the draft without either Mack or Luigs. We need a very big guy in there to go against Kris Jenkins, Jason Ferguson and Wilfork.

To me, if we don't think that Luigs will be available when we pick in round 2, then yes, get Mack in the first. It's not a bargain, but it will be the single biggest impact player we could pick up. DEs take a while to get going.

Just a question, have you even seen any of the other centers play, or do you just look at their height and weights?