Let's say the Bills pick 12th

Justice

man...everybody's shooting down my trade scenario...look, I'm not one to trade down myself...I would rather get the best player at the spot we are in...I was just giving an option to all thos ppl who want to take a center in round 1...I do not believe the Bills will take a center in the top 15 picks...especialy when theres like 5 really good centers coming out this year...maybe more if underclassmen come out aswell...the word "reach" is over-used and its crap...every single player taken in the draft is a reach...every single player taken in draft is good/great in college but who knows what they will do in NFL...the way I like to see the draft is to just take the best player in the "most needed position/needed position"on your team at the time of your pick...I do not comprehend the word "reach"(ie: Whitner), but I do comprehend the word "Bust"(ie: McCargo, Williams, Losman)...I just happen to feel that in round 2 Luigs or Caldwell will be there to take at pick #44..and to honest, I think Buffalo will be picking top 10 this year...the good thing about picking top 10 is every round(except round 1) you can find earlier round talent that slipped thru...picking at #40 is like a late 1st round pick, your 3rd round pick is like a late 2nd round talent and so on.

I like the idea of trading down. We will get more value from the picks. I think instant gratification in the draft comes at a high cost. Look at the Pats. They consistently trade down or trade out of the first round and get more in the long term. Yet, they still get high quality players in the draft. Thye just happen to get more of them and increase their probablility of getting what they need.

Also, think about the other successful teams in the NFL. They typically pick later in the draft, yet they still find PLAYMAKERs for their rosters.

Trading up is typically a DUMB idea. The Bills have to get value from their drafts, not instant gratification.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rank is 19th against the run and 11th against the pass. Numbers could be skewed a bit by teams not needing to pass, but those rankings surprise me. Seems like every pass against us is completed and I we haven't dirtied a QBs jersey all year (we rank 27th in sacks). Anyhoo, I would value a DE over a DT.

Give me the best DE, OLB or DT in the first round (assuming no trades or FA signings) and then take it from there filling those holes as well as TE and C.

Those are interesting numbers Beerman. I know what you are saying about perception. The passing yardage would seem worse because due to our lack of pass rush, teams are able to convert 3rd down plays against us with ease. Also, to truly analyze those numbers, we would have to break down our opponents offenses, etc. Jauron is a Yale man; perhaps he will find the time as his dreadful season is coming to a close.

In all, a DE (or even an OC) probably would be more desireable than a DT in the 1st round. As the draft approaches, we will see which position has more depth, as well as where we select. I do slightly disagree with you wrt OLB. As much as we need one, the team is just too weak on the defensive front. OLB would seem like a "Dick Levy" thing to do in terms of neglecting the trenches.

Anyway, I am going to do it again. That is, pretend that Dick Levy isn't going to squander our best picks on defensive backs. Btw, as glaring as our needs are, my money says that he goes with a first round safety. You know why? Because somewhere in my past I must have done something awful to somebody that I don't recall to deserve just that.

PS: Once again, Badolbilz nails it. A trade down in a draft this deep is the way to go for this team. The more top prospects, the better our chances.