The Play Call - Unbelievable!

All_Pro_Bills

So you don't think a 5th year QB should be responsible for making decisions to hold on to a lead? The extent morons will go to make excuses for Losman is astounding.

I agree with where I think you're going.

Most fans excoriated Jauron and the staff for sitting on the ball at the end of the Cleveland game. Today, he made a mildly gutsy call to try to WIN THE GAME and he's getting killed for it.

Look at it this way: we had two or three nice runs before the ill-fated waggle. DJ tried to put the ball in the hands of a QB with wheels to get him outside, take the cheap flick to the TE if it's there, and if not pick up a yard or two (while staying in bounds and rolling the clock) to set up a 3rd and 3-ish. If he completes that pass for a first down, it's basically lights out, and the time to call the waggle was perfect. We just had an idiot QB run the play, and I think DJ said as much in the post-game by stating something like "I can't put [A FIFTH-YEAR, FORMER FIRST ROUND QUARTERBACK] in that position."

I'm still on the fire DJ team, but I understand the play call and credit him for being a stand up guy and refusing to publicly put JP in his rightful place beneath the tires of the bus. If you don't like the series at the end of the Cleveland game (I'm one of those people), you can't bash DJ for showing some nuts and trust in the waste from Tulane and trying to win the game.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes there is, in fact.

There was no clock to eat. The two minute warning was coming in 6 seconds. The play was going to end in a stoppage of time, regardless. To say we needed to run there to eat up the clock is, fundamentally, wrong.

That pass may have not taken 6 sec off the clock. If it was incomplete with 2:01 left, whatever we do on 3rd down would result in a clock stop after and the Jets would still have 3 timeouts. Even if we run right into the line for no gain on 2nd and 3rd down, they'd have to burn 1 timeout and would have to drive 60 or so yards and score a TD to WIN.

That pass may have not taken 6 sec off the clock. If it was incomplete with 2:01 left, whatever we do on 3rd down would result in a clock stop after and the Jets would still have 3 timeouts. Even if we run right into the line for no gain on 2nd and 3rd down, they'd have to burn 1 timeout and would have to drive 60 or so yards and score a TD to WIN.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

JP went down with 2:02 left on the clock. A well executed pass play would have gotten them under 2:00 easily. It would have been highly unlikely for the ball to be ruled incomplete by 2:01.

And no, they would have had 2 TO's. The whole reason this dispute is taking place is because of the TO they burned at 2:06.

EDIT: They only needed 3 for the tie.

Knowing that about JP. Knowing why you benched him for a rookie. Yet, you still put the game in his hands? So, who's to blame here? JP for doing what he does or the coaches for letting him do it?

I think you hit the nail on the head....it wasnt the right play with the people you had out there.

No F'ing way that was a designed run that JP "decided" to throw the ball on insead of follow the script.

No. I am saying the opposite. It was designed a rollout... Except on a rollout... The Qb is expected to analyze the play... Why didn't he feel the pressure and protect the ball. He could have clearly seen that things were going south on the play and decide to bury it himself WHICH IS THE SAME AS A RUN.

He did not protect the ball when things broke down plain and simple.

IMO, follows the script too much.

Exactly!

A RollOut covers all of that, chews up more time. If the coverage was there... Why didn't he protect the ball there? Everybody is screaming pass... He didn't even pass the damn ball.

The one time we need his "Tulane instincts" and he blows it.

He is a "broken horse."

It was a play fake run,then roll out. If you really look at the play how is the QB supposed to know the tackle (#71) completely missed his block and the DT is running him down from behind,any QB would have most likely done just what JP did when hit from behind.

IF ANYTHING,the OC has a mic and the QB has a headset in his helmet,why didn't the OC just yell to throw it away asap?

Oh wait,its the same retard that called a play fake pass when they needed to run <_<

There was no clock to eat. The two minute warning was coming in 6 seconds. The play was going to end in a stoppage of time, regardless. To say we needed to run there to eat up the clock is, fundamentally, wrong.

Yeah, and after the two minute warning the Bills would have 2 more plays to run, right? So even if Lynch and/or Jackson can't average the necessary 2.5 yards on 2nd and 3rd down, that's another time out the Jets would burn leaving them with one.

Mormon would switch the field on them, and they would have to drive the field with one time out with about a 1:30 left. Keep in mind that the Bills completely shut down the Jets in the 4th quarter.

So, AGAIN, do you put the game in Lynch/Jackson and possibly the defenses hands, or do you put it in Losman's hands, who has proven to be a total f$%k up as a qb?

That's why you're wrong. With the way that game played out in the fourth, there's no way you pick Losman in that situation. No freakin' way.

Yeah, and after the two minute warning the Bills would have 2 more plays to run, right? So even if Lynch and/or Jackson can't average the necessary 2.5 yards on 2nd and 3rd down, that's another time out the Jets would burn leaving them with one.

Mormon would switch the field on them, and they would have to drive the field with one time out with about a 1:30 left. Keep in mind that the Bills completely shut down the Jets in the 4th quarter.

So, AGAIN, do you put the game in Lynch/Jackson and possibly the defenses hands, or do you put it in Losman's hands, who has proven to be a total f$%k up as a qb?

That's why you're wrong. With the way that game played out in the fourth, there's no way you pick Losman in that situation. No freakin' way.

You do realize that you're arguing against Dick Jauron's grandmother, right?

No. I am saying the opposite. It was designed a rollout... Except on a rollout... The Qb is expected to analyze the play... Why didn't he feel the pressure and protect the ball. He could have clearly seen that things were going south on the play and decide to bury it himself WHICH IS THE SAME AS A RUN.

He did not protect the ball when things broke down plain and simple.

IMO, follows the script too much.

So why not go "idiot proof" and just RUN! Thats what I hate about our coaches in recent years and those who defend them. We have no sense of the "flow" of the game and always seem to try and go cute in the worst situations and go completely predictable when we could use a little "safe" creativity. Sorry for my constant "use" of the ""'s. I'm kinda "drunk" <_<

True.

A rollout takes there take you BELOW the 2... A run in the middle, IMO... Takes you right to the 2 exactly.

Sure I am splitting hairs with 4 or 5 seconds... The play call should be just as good as a run... I don't blame DJ for being positive to the end either.

Wow, lots of opinions, might as well throw mine in there.

I read through page six and I didn't see Jason Peters name anywhere. Shame on everyone of you. He wiffed on the db that blitzed and ruined the play. If I missed a mention my apologies, but I didn't see it.

IF you are a normal NFL team that play is the one where you run. 2:06 left. After the play the clock is going to stop so no difference between a run and pass. We aren't a normal NFL team. Our left tackle wiffed as previously mentioned and our QB is to brains what Dick is to personality.

Yes, it was a good call. It worked against the Jags, and the Bills should have done it against the Browns. You can't sit on the ball and play not to lose. Losman is simply terrible.

It's not a secret that Losman is terrible. That doesn't play into the decision-making process?

Again, who would you have picked to try to close out the game? Lynch/Jackson or Losman?

Oh, you mean how Losman completed each of his four passes prior to that play?

You guys make it seem as though it was a CERTAINTY that Losman would have coughed it up and that the defense would have recovered and scored.

I agree with where I think you're going.

Most fans excoriated Jauron and the staff for sitting on the ball at the end of the Cleveland game. Today, he made a mildly gutsy call to try to WIN THE GAME and he's getting killed for it.

Look at it this way: we had two or three nice runs before the ill-fated waggle. DJ tried to put the ball in the hands of a QB with wheels to get him outside, take the cheap flick to the TE if it's there, and if not pick up a yard or two (while staying in bounds and rolling the clock) to set up a 3rd and 3-ish. If he completes that pass for a first down, it's basically lights out, and the time to call the waggle was perfect. We just had an idiot QB run the play, and I think DJ said as much in the post-game by stating something like "I can't put [A FIFTH-YEAR, FORMER FIRST ROUND QUARTERBACK] in that position."

I'm still on the fire DJ team, but I understand the play call and credit him for being a stand up guy and refusing to publicly put JP in his rightful place beneath the tires of the bus. If you don't like the series at the end of the Cleveland game (I'm one of those people), you can't bash DJ for showing some nuts and trust in the waste from Tulane and trying to win the game.

Give this fella a cigar!

<_<:wallbash:

Wow, lots of opinions, might as well throw mine in there.

I read through page six and I didn't see Jason Peters name anywhere. Shame on everyone of you. He wiffed on the db that blitzed and ruined the play. If I missed a mention my apologies, but I didn't see it.

IF you are a normal NFL team that play is the one where you run. 2:06 left. After the play the clock is going to stop so no difference between a run and pass. We aren't a normal NFL team. Our left tackle wiffed as previously mentioned and our QB is to brains what Dick is to personality.

Link

Link

Hilarious. The JP bashers are defending, DEFENDING the coaches for giving the ball to JP in the most crucial situation of the game, when a pass was the dumbest possible play call. Let's re-cap. You hate JP and know why you hate him. But the coaches obviously disagree with you, and think, hey, JP can totally win the game for us here, and you defend them?

<_<

I love this place.