The Play Call - Unbelievable!

All_Pro_Bills

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have to admit something... once I saw JP roll out I thought "god i hope he doesn't do something stupid" then he fumbled and i laughed. I didn't laugh because it happened to JP. I didn't laugh because I like to lose. I laughed because it is SO the Bills to give up a game that they have control of. It reminds me of the football bloopers of the old Tampa Bay teams.

I agree -- I thought it was a great call. But no blocking, and Losman screwed it up. :wallbash:

Interesting points !!! If they had scored...it would have been the greatest play call ever. Here is the problem I have with it. It was losman under center. Coach made it seem like it was a conservative pass with his description in the news. Toss to full back...if he is not open then throw it away. JP did not and also did not sense the backside preasure...which again according to coach...he should have read almost immediately. So in a nutshell...Edwards back there, I don't have as much of a problem with the call. JP, with his wonderful pocket sense, dummest call of all time and they should have known better. These guys (coaches) are too smart for their own good. They call plays like their system can't be beat and ignores who is in the game. Heck I could come in a run the game these coaches are so good. :devil: Also, the JETS were wopped. Marshawn and Fred pushing them at least 3 yards after contact for the entire 4th quarter.

Also, somebody else mentioned, they like it...going for the win. Well a pass in the flat to the fullback is not going for the win. That is going for 6 yards they would have go with two runs.

I do have to admit something... once I saw JP roll out I thought "god i hope he doesn't do something stupid" then he fumbled and i laughed. I didn't laugh because it happened to JP. I didn't laugh because I like to lose. I laughed because it is SO the Bills to give up a game that they have control of. It reminds me of the football bloopers of the old Tampa Bay teams.

Funny as that is its sad that our team is THE LAUGHINGSTOCK of the AFC..Thank God Detroit is so bad....This team is gonna continue sucking for a long time... :devil:

Funny as that is its sad that our team is THE LAUGHINGSTOCK of the AFC..Thank God Detroit is so bad....This team is gonna continue sucking for a long time... :devil:

speaking of the lions, they are so bad that almost no one is talking about them just 2 lossed away from 0 & 16. last season when fins were close to the goose egg, the media was all over it. but in lions case its just taken for granted that they suck so bad 0 & 16 is neither a surprise nor devastating

Collinsworth also said the Bills playing a game in Toronto was the dumbest thing ever in sports history. Why wouldn't everyone take what he says as The Truth Revealed?

You guys are so easy to pick out. The losman lovers, you, Ramius, La Billzfan, Gary M, Cable Lady, keepthefaith, 1billsfan, bluefire, AKC. This guy is going to go down as the worst qb that has started at least 30 games in the history of the NFL. Once again he fails to throw for over 200yrds. That makes 25 times now in 33 career starts. An unheard of stat. I laughed my ass off when I heard the announcers say he is going to make a highlite reel to show NFL teams. What a moron. I was pretty convinced last week that he played himself out of the league. This game I think clinched it. He will be lucky to play in Canada next year.

& just for the record I think it was a dumb call, not the play itself, 9 out of 10 times this play call would of got you the first down. It was a dumb call to put the game in the hands of a retard, useless qb.

The WORST PLAY-CALL in the history of the Bills !! And we got allot to choose from!

i hope people in the football world can see why we have been barely losing so many close games the past couple of years... its not cuz we're cursed or we have bad luck or just suck..... its cuz this freakin coach gives the other team EVERY POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY to win the game. look at the Dallas game, just run and win...... nah, how about we go shotgun from other teams 10 yard line and throw the ball to them? lets pass with 2 mins left vs Denver in last years home opener cuz "the play was there" if they hit it.. o yea, we lost with time running out. man what a weird coincidence that other teams have JUST enough time at the end of every game for some reason. this douchbag is always saying they wanna give Lynch the ball 22-28 times a game yet hes only been in that total 2 times over the whole year. i really believe the average fan calling the plays would have had this team at 9-5 or even 10-4. dickie is a "special" little guy that can find a way to lose like no other.. now i cant wait til its his job he finds a way to lose at the end of the year!

You guys are so easy to pick out. The losman lovers, you, Ramius, La Billzfan, Gary M, Cable Lady, keepthefaith, 1billsfan, bluefire, AKC. This guy is going to go down as the worst qb that has started at least 30 games in the history of the NFL. Once again he fails to throw for over 200yrds. That makes 25 times now in 33 career starts. An unheard of stat. I laughed my ass off when I heard the announcers say he is going to make a highlite reel to show NFL teams. What a moron. I was pretty convinced last week that he played himself out of the league. This game I think clinched it. He will be lucky to play in Canada next year.

& just for the record I think it was a dumb call, not the play itself, 9 out of 10 times this play call would of got you the first down. It was a dumb call to put the game in the hands of a retard, useless qb.

+1

the losman lovers have a sickness.

IF I were playing QB in that situation I would have audibled to a run play... thAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CORRECT THING TO DO

oH I forgot.........we talking about JP who is a dumb as a pile of rocks

I wonder if Trent would have called an audible on thAT PLAY

Standford smarts VS Tulane smarts

just saying..... :rolleyes:

I actually liked the play-call. It was right before the 2 minute warning so an incompletion is the same as a running play. They were going for the win for once. I only fault the coaches for still having Losman on the roster.

Except that an incompetion nets 0 yards and it's now 3rd and 5. ML had gotten 17 yards on the last 4 plays and was averaging 6 yards per carry for the entire game. The Jets couldn't stop him. It was DUMB AS DIRT. It's not that freaki' complicated. When you're up by a FG late in the game and you got the ball and your running back is killing their defense, you run the damn ball to run out the clock. Has DJ never watched a football game before?

IF I were playing QB in that situation I would have audibled to a run play... thAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CORRECT THING TO DO

oH I forgot.........we talking about JP who is a dumb as a pile of rocks

I wonder if Trent would have called an audible on thAT PLAY

Standford smarts VS Tulane smarts

just saying..... :rolleyes:

you can debate the merits of the play calling forever. if it's executed properly they look great, etc. in my opinion, the problem is we seem to have a coaching philosophy that can't seem to get their arms around the challenges that they have to deal with in the moment. the play in question, if you have brady slipping it to welker (no pun intended), you have to figure you have a high propensity to be successful. with our team, it's fair to suggest we have a low propensity at that point in time. the number of reasons not to call this play seem to outweigh the reasons it makes sense.

2nd string qb.

2 or 3 backside pressure strips in the last 8 quarters, one earlier in the game.

Marshawn killing them on the ground.

Designated receiver has one reception this year.

Losman struggled with accuracy yesterday.

On the road.

Losman has issues holding the ball too long.

That's not to say it's an absurd call to make in theory, it just doesn't make a lot of sense on this team at that time. i don't think they are heros if it works, because there was a lot of football to play and given our season, i was pretty convinced we'd play it safe and the jets would have another chance to score. And---if this were one of just a handful of plays that backfired in similar situation, fine, you live by the sword, sometimes you die by the sword. In the end---they've lost 7 of their last 8 games and while exectuion is extremely important, it's fair to question coaching decisions that seem to imply your coach is seeing square pegs and trying to fit them into round holes.