"Jets becoming too much like Meek Mangini"

Big Turk

This article is written by the New York Post, but you could replace New York Jets with Buffalo Bills and Eric Mangini with Dick Jauron and noone would know the difference....funny how the same things are being talked about even tho the Jets are tied for the AFC East lead...

Article about Mangini

Just wait! He needs more time. He hasn't got his players. He delegates his authority to to his coordinators. What ever the problem is, rest assured

IT IS NOT HIS FAULT.

This article is written by the New York Post, but you could replace New York Jets with Buffalo Bills and Eric Mangini with Dick Jauron and noone would know the difference....funny how the same things are being talked about even tho the Jets are tied for the AFC East lead...

Article about Mangini

I thought Mangini came out of the Parcells/Belicheck tree. He was boy - genius coming from New England. I had no idea he was Dick Jauron Junior. No wonder the Cowher rumors have begun circulating in Jets Nation.

What exactly were your expectations for them this year?

I expected them to be right about where they are now. People just dismissed them because they had everything go wrong last year, but they were a playoff team the year before.

And unlike the Bills, the Jets actually went out and addressed their specific needs last off season.

I expected them to be right about where they are now. People just dismissed them because they had everything go wrong last year, but they were a playoff team the year before.

And unlike the Bills, the Jets actually went out and addressed their specific needs last off season.

+1 last I checked, they're still alive and in a whole lot better shape than the sad-sack Bills are.

Article about Mangini

"Plant J.P Losman in the turf so deep he'll taste swamp water"-

Hey, this guy might be a closet Bills fan.

What exactly were your expectations for them this year?

My expectations were that the bills/jets would be competing for a wc spot (pre brady injury). That they're a team who still has some holes, but was constructed to try to win now. The fact they may miss the playoffs entirely falls on ManHerm as some of my friends who are jet fans call him. Favre isn't going to get any younger, and at times has struggled this year. The jets have been an up and down team. With the team built as is, anything less then winning the east, would be an embarrassment to the organization. They're not set up to be competative for the long term, and once Favre goes, The Dolphins, and yes the Bills will both pass them. The Patriots are by far still the most talented team in the division, and the gift that was awarded on a silver platter, will be a colossal Epic Fail for the Bills and Jets, once Brady returns. Neither The Man Genius, nor Jauron can adjust on the fly, and the flat uninspiring play of their teams reflect their demeanor.

My expectations were that the bills/jets would be competing for a wc spot (pre brady injury). That they're a team who still has some holes, but was constructed to try to win now. The fact they may miss the playoffs entirely falls on ManHerm as some of my friends who are jet fans call him. Favre isn't going to get any younger, and at times has struggled this year. The jets have been an up and down team. With the team built as is, anything less then winning the east, would be an embarrassment to the organization. They're not set up to be competative for the long term, and once Favre goes, The Dolphins, and yes the Bills will both pass them. The Patriots are by far still the most talented team in the division, and the gift that was awarded on a silver platter, will be a colossal Epic Fail for the Bills and Jets, once Brady returns. Neither The Man Genius, nor Jauron can adjust on the fly, and the flat uninspiring play of their teams reflect their demeanor.

But think about it this way: your expectations were that they would compete for a wildcard spot. They're not only doing just that, but are additionally competing for the AFCE crown.

In what way are they falling short of expectations?

But think about it this way: your expectations were that they would compete for a wildcard spot. They're not only doing just that, but are additionally competing for the AFCE crown.

In what way are they falling short of expectations?

Well the fact they could miss altogether and there's a good chance they do is falling short. Once Brady went down, all expectations were raised for the jets. They're a fa spent team that was looking to compete against the pats and the afc's best. My expectations were lower then what the jets were selling their fanbase. You don't bring in Favre, and spend the way they did to compete for a wc,. Struggling to pass Matt Cassell, while losing to the broncos at home and getting throttled by the 49ers. I'd say that's falling short of expectations.

John Madden was asked this morning about the Jets/Bills game. He basically said, "Well, at least the Jets aren't as bad as the Bills. The Bills show up on the schedule at a perfect time for the Jets. The Jets will be able to get things rolling in the right direction for the stretch."

Pretty hard to argue with that.

Jets might be built more for a one and done type season than any other team in the NFL---they spent a lot of money on aging veterans who are gonna need to be replaced or will be in serious decline after this year, especially Favre who will likely retire. Once that happens you can expect them to miss the playoffs for the forseeable future as they try and find a QB...

Article about Mangini

we'll see how meek they are playing against our sad sack linemen...i'm sure our guys will turn them into warriors again.

John Madden was asked this morning about the Jets/Bills game. He basically said, "Well, at least the Jets aren't as bad as the Bills. The Bills show up on the schedule at a perfect time for the Jets. The Jets will be able to get things rolling in the right direction for the stretch."

Who cares what that fat"Ohh I'm to scared to fly" Baloney butt thinks-Now I REALLY want the Bills to win.