I'll leave you with this

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

i arrived when this team was on its hot streak and provided my thoughts on what i thought would bring this ship down, dick jauron. i now leave you with another criticism. this time it is ralph wilson. he meddles. in everything. a jerry jones without the microphones and cameras (yea, the plastic surgery too). i know this is not the most noteworthy criticism of ralph but it provides an alternative angle to witness his ignorance and general mismanagement of this franchise. this has been stuck in my craw since it happened on draft day last year. round 4, pick 11 dwayne wright

Per Michael Silver of Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-t...o&type=lgns

You want Goofy? Here’s a little story about Wilson, from sources who were in the draft room: In 2007, the Bills were on the clock in the fourth round and deciding which player to take, when the owner suddenly blurted out, “What about the running back from Fresno State? Is he available?” The team’s personnel men looked at one another; they had already used their first-round pick on a halfback, Cal’s Marshawn Lynch. One of them bit his tongue and informed Wilson that, yes, Dwayne Wright was still on the board. “We’re taking him,” Wilson said, and that was that. He’s currently third on the team’s depth chart, behind Lynch and fellow second-year back Fred Jackson.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, maybe Mort isn't totally making sh-- up?

Mort gets a bad rap...some of his stories seem absurd, but these guys truly do get some inside info that's both spot on AND straight rumor mill. Most of the rumor mill things do have a hint of truth to them though and since he's media and his job relies on getting out info before anyone else, they dish it out. Listen closely though...they're like weathermen...you'll get the info with the "out" of it being speculation, but we hear it as truth. Point here is to listen more closely to what's being delivered, and don't take anything as fact, but as a "possiblity".

Wow, that's UNBELIEVABLE meddling! Making the 4th round pick? Shameful!

Who were the Bills going to take otherwise? Did he become anything? Were they waffling and had no idea who they were going to take, hence the reason Ralph stepped-in?

That was the year that Chris Brown was in the War Room. He said that the front office viewed the draft as a particularly weak one and did not, for example, have ANY player with a 4th round grade when that pick came up. With no other team willing to make a trade, there was not a consensus pick. Wright was one of the top players they had on their board at the time, which is why Wilson suggested it. So, while Silver is factually correct with what he says here, I believe that there is some hyperbole involved. In other words, Ralph probably didn't demand the Wright pick. He probably suggested it and Marv and the other guys in the room said "Why not?"

Besides, picking up a player of need at a specific position in the 1st round, followed by the same position pick in the 4th seems to be the team's MO. Whitner and Simpson (Safety) in 2006. Lynch and Wright (RB) in 2007. McKelvin and Corner (CB) in 2008.

That was the year that Chris Brown was in the War Room. He said that the front office viewed the draft as a particularly weak one and did not, for example, have ANY player with a 4th round grade when that pick came up. With no other team willing to make a trade, there was not a consensus pick. Wright was one of the top players they had on their board at the time, which is why Wilson suggested it. So, while Silver is factually correct with what he says here, I believe that there is some hyperbole involved. In other words, Ralph probably didn't demand the Wright pick. He probably suggested it and Marv and the other guys in the room said "Why not?"

Besides, picking up a player of need at a specific position in the 1st round, followed by the same position pick in the 4th seems to be the team's MO. Whitner and Simpson (Safety) in 2006. Lynch and Wright (RB) in 2007. McKelvin and Corner (CB) in 2008.

What you said makes a lot more sense than a maniacal Ralph demanding that they draft Wright. I noticed that Rd 1/ Rd 4 trend after the draft this year as well.

i'll still read this forum from time to time but this is my last thread here. maybe if we get a coach i can believe in or an owner i can trust i will be a fanatic again. right now this organization does not have my support

i'll still read this forum from time to time but this is my last thread here. maybe if we get a coach i can believe in or an owner i can trust i will be a fanatic again. right now this organization does not have my support

Later.....this place won't be the same without you. B-) I'm not sure we can go on.

Okay, see you next time the bandwagon starts up then. B-)

Kevin Boss might've been a decent pick.

Silly you. Buffalo didn't need a TE in 07, they already had Robert Royal. B-)

I don't have a problem with Ralph being in the war room, he's the owner after all. But are the Mara/Tisch families making any picks? How about Jim Irsay in Indy? Perhaps Dean Spanos in SD? Or how about Mark Murphy in GB? Bob Kraft sure as heck doesn't tell Pioli and Belichick what to do. Those guys are good owners because they let their football people make football decisions.

Good franchises start with good owners. Buffalo's owner is a meddler, and cannot allow people to make decisions without his approval. It doesn't matter if it's marketing or football decisions, he's a micromanager, and people like Polian, AJ Smith, and the late John Butler couldn't work for the guy.

The problem isn't the lack of camara's and microphones. It's the lack of cash. RW pays a decent amount of money on players, but he's certainly not a free spender. You can take meddling alot better when the owner keeps bothering you about spending more money on players and other things.

he meddles. in everything. a jerry jones without the microphones and cameras (yea, the plastic surgery too).

The problem isn't the lack of camara's and microphones. It's the lack of cash. RW pays a decent amount of money on players, but he's certainly not a free spender. You can take meddling alot better when the owner keeps bothering you about spending more money on players and other things.

a lot of teams in the NFL do not spend to the cap. i think green bay had the most cap room last year and they were 13-3?? cash does not make up for incompetence (yes, it does help)

a lot of teams in the NFL do not spend to the cap. i think green bay had the most cap room last year and they were 13-3?? cash does not make up for incompetence (yes, it does help)

Sure hope they don't. Can you imagine if the likes of the Lions, Chiefs, Bengals and other doormats were spending to the cap on the crap they are fielding? Usually the younger teams are under the cap. Bills are a younger team. However, there have been a few free agents recently that would have been difference makers for this team. On the other hand, why waste all that money on what this coaching staff is capable of?