I'll leave you with this

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

no, that is why he employs scouts. the fact that this got out to the public tells you a lot about what the people in the bills war room think of the guy signing their checks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, see you next time the bandwagon starts up then. :lol:

:lol: What !@#$ing bandwagon! You mean when, like 2015, right? Four years into the team's reign as the Toronto Thunderdicks, maybe? Yeah, I'm sure this guy will come begging for your forgiveness when that bandwagon starts back up. On the QEW and all. B-)

i'll still read this forum from time to time but this is my last thread here. maybe if we get a coach i can believe in or an owner i can trust i will be a fanatic again. right now this organization does not have my support

yer still posting today, at least show you have some balls and stick by your convictions. no posting for you!

exactly. if dick stays or we get some chump re-tread HC like brian billick there will be no bandwagon to get on or off of until they become the toronto thunderdicks. and i said this is my last thread, learn how to read

yer still posting today, at least show you have some balls and stick by your convictions. no posting for you!

Agreed. The OP should change the thread title to... "I'll linger here for several days with this..."

The only thing worse than people starting threads saying they're leaving, is starting said thread and then not leaving. Just go already.

oh i am only warming up. here's another. his daughter, linda bogdan, is not only a Bills VP, she is Assistant Director of College Scouting. i wonder if he consulted with his Assistant Director of College Scouting before nabbing that diamond in the rough known as Dwayne Wright. Or maybe she was the scouting master who pegged John McCargo as the next superstar. No wonder why we have not made the playoffs this decade

http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/front-office.html

True, I wasn't arguing that you need to spend to the cap, but my point was it's OK to be a meddler if you're a free spender. It's alot easier to take a Jerry Jones or a Snyder whne they keep stuffing money in your pocket.

a lot of teams in the NFL do not spend to the cap. i think green bay had the most cap room last year and they were 13-3?? cash does not make up for incompetence (yes, it does help)

i arrived when this team was on its hot streak and provided my thoughts on what i thought would bring this ship down, dick jauron. i now leave you with another criticism. this time it is ralph wilson. he meddles. in everything. a jerry jones without the microphones and cameras (yea, the plastic surgery too). i know this is not the most noteworthy criticism of ralph but it provides an alternative angle to witness his ignorance and general mismanagement of this franchise. this has been stuck in my craw since it happened on draft day last year. round 4, pick 11 dwayne wright

Per Michael Silver of Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-t...o&type=lgns

You want Goofy? Here’s a little story about Wilson, from sources who were in the draft room: In 2007, the Bills were on the clock in the fourth round and deciding which player to take, when the owner suddenly blurted out, “What about the running back from Fresno State? Is he available?” The team’s personnel men looked at one another; they had already used their first-round pick on a halfback, Cal’s Marshawn Lynch. One of them bit his tongue and informed Wilson that, yes, Dwayne Wright was still on the board. “We’re taking him,” Wilson said, and that was that. He’s currently third on the team’s depth chart, behind Lynch and fellow second-year back Fred Jackson.

Wright got cut in training camp actually. Xavier Omon is 3rd string

Silly you. Buffalo didn't need a TE in 07, they already had Robert Royal. :worthy:

I don't have a problem with Ralph being in the war room, he's the owner after all. But are the Mara/Tisch families making any picks? How about Jim Irsay in Indy? Perhaps Dean Spanos in SD? Or how about Mark Murphy in GB? Bob Kraft sure as heck doesn't tell Pioli and Belichick what to do. Those guys are good owners because they let their football people make football decisions.

Good franchises start with good owners. Buffalo's owner is a meddler, and cannot allow people to make decisions without his approval. It doesn't matter if it's marketing or football decisions, he's a micromanager, and people like Polian, AJ Smith, and the late John Butler couldn't work for the guy.

Great board, I had to join in-

I though Butler was like a second term President in the 7th year. I think everybody involved was ready to see him go- including the fans- because of the cap prison we were heading into, the big three leaving at once, Flutie/Johnson... AJ Smith is no longer the darling he was, and Polian, well, letting him go was the biggest F up of Wilson's tenure, I think.

I have to understand how it is such a disaster and so 'un-football' when an owner is interested in how and what and why of FOOTBALL operations. I couldn't begin to comment on how he might approach other facets of team ownership. If he influences or makes a personnel call, good or bad (Johnson v. titans?, that was attributed to Ralph) I remind myself that not only does he 'write the checks', blah blah...... but he's also been in the professional football game for nearly fifty years, fruitless as some of those may be. Kraft, Snyder, many of the owners that have been labeled meddlers don't carry his tenure. From what has been said about Marv, (and by him in his book about Ralph) a little bit of regular information flow to Ralph went a long way. I gotta think getting c**k blocked and shut out by his well paid 'football men' would get real tired when you make sure their checks clear.

If Ralph did pull the trigger on starting R Johnson in Tennessee, at the time I thought it was ballsy and was so glad to get the midget and his incompletions on the bench he (Ralph) was my hero for it, rumors be true. I know I wasn't alone. I was so glad someone mentioned the elephant in the room- Flutie's stench at the time. He skipped 14 in a row off the turf or linemen's helmets in Az, or something like that. Then, RJ sucked azz in 2000 and the decline continued. But I digress.

Pretty much everybody on Planet Earth but you think that Doug Flutie would have won that game for us.

Hell no. I did however, think that it was meddling Ralph making that call- even if I agreed with it. I gave it some thought, and lightened up. I figured he has been around a while, so he must know things I don't etc.... Anyway, I thought Johnson played very well in the fourth quarter, and reasonable the rest of the game. It wasn't on him. By Tennessee everyone had Fluties game more than figured out and his arm looked dead after what, week ten?. Pendry didn't help. Perhaps I typed it poorly. Flutie's presence sure wreaked a ton of havoc in this organization however, that is something he HAD to have contributed to. When he left I was already over him.

I think he did one great thing, Flutiemania did a lot to grease the skids when all the stadium negotiations were going on at the time. Also, in the first few months, he looked like a fairly complete quarterback, or so we wanted to believe.

Sometimes I think Ralph tends to make emotional decisions he figures his guys are too uptight to make. I'm not going to try to evaluate his results in total- who knows what he presides over?

What a beat up offshoot to the conversation. Sorry.

Hell no. I did however, think that it was meddling Ralph making that call- even if I agreed with it. I gave it some thought, and lightened up. I figured he has been around a while, so he must know things I don't etc.... Anyway, I thought Johnson played very well in the fourth quarter, and reasonable the rest of the game. It wasn't on him. By Tennessee everyone had Fluties game more than figured out and his arm looked dead after what, week ten?. Pendry didn't help. Perhaps I typed it poorly. Flutie's presence sure wreaked a ton of havoc in this organization however, that is something he HAD to have contributed to. When he left I was already over him.

I think he did one great thing, Flutiemania did a lot to grease the skids when all the stadium negotiations were going on at the time. Also, in the first few months, he looked like a fairly complete quarterback, or so we wanted to believe.

Sometimes I think Ralph tends to make emotional decisions he figures his guys are too uptight to make. I'm not going to try to evaluate his results in total- who knows what he presides over?

What a beat up offshoot to the conversation. Sorry.

whatever. ralph has a shining star right under his damn nose and i bet you he won't even give him an interview because he is so stupid. if he had any sense to him, he would be on the phone with turner gill tomorrow morning

a lot of teams in the NFL do not spend to the cap. i think green bay had the most cap room last year and they were 13-3?? cash does not make up for incompetence (yes, it does help)

if the Bills are not going to be $20 mil under the cap on players, it seems insane to skimp on a few million n a top notch coaching staff.

but then again, Ralph's prioirty in not about wins & losses

Ralph's message to us in Buffalo:

"Forget last Sunday," he says. "We'll do better for you."

And for the fans in Toronto?

"I hope you didn't see last Sunday."

Ralph's message to us in Buffalo:

"Forget last Sunday," he says. "We'll do better for you."

And for the fans in Toronto?

"I hope you didn't see last Sunday."

The joke of this is, the "fans" in Toronto wanted the Dolphins to win today.