I believe Dick Jauron needs to stay

BuffaloBill

After watching Monday's presser I realize that tossing DJ will solve nothing. If Lindell had made his kicks - or perhaps if Schonert had made the right calls in the Cleveland and SF games we would be 7-4. The record is what it is. Two or three moe years of rebuilding under another coach is not the answer. If Jauron brings on an experienced OC and QB coach in the off season thne he has done his job.

This is a young team. Edwards needs time to develop. In the mean time the defense has shown dramatic improvement.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

22 year old Running back 24 year old QB.. they need more experience, then the Bills can finally get it going. I was not expecting much this year, the team is still way too young. Jauron gets a lot out of crap players. The Bills roster is nothing special but he keeps his team competitive which is better than a team like the Rams or Detroit who lose by 30 in a boring game.

After watching Monday's presser I realize that tossing DJ will solve nothing. If Lindell had made his kicks - or perhaps if Schonert had made the right calls in the Cleveland and SF games we would be 7-4. The record is what it is. Two or three moe years of rebuilding under another coach is not the answer. If Jauron brings on an experienced OC and QB coach in the off season thne he has done his job.

This is a young team. Edwards needs time to develop. In the mean time the defense has shown dramatic improvement.

I missed Monday's presser. Did Jauron say he was going to bring in an experienced OC & QB coach in the off season?

22 year old Running back 24 year old QB.. they need more experience, then the Bills can finally get it going. I was not expecting much this year, the team is still way too young. Jauron gets a lot out of crap players. The Bills roster is nothing special but he keeps his team competitive which is better than a team like the Rams or Detroit who lose by 30 in a boring game.

I disagree. If the Atlanta Falcons can win w/young guys, so should we. Youth has not cost us wins this year. Just look at the games we've lost. Time after time it boils down to play calling. I know there have been mistakes made on the field, and that you can attribute to youth, in some cases, but the bottom line is our coaching staff is making serious mistakes, mismanaging the time clock, time outs, and not making ANY adjustments during the game. To me, it's pretty black and white. This team, as is, COULD SUCCEED if we prepared better, made adjustments during the game, and managed our time better. Lindell making some FG's and Preston not tackling our own players wouldn't hurt either :lol:

I would like to add my two cents here.

Fans need to take a close look at the entire coaching staff and evaluate every assistant coach.

I believe Jauron has assembled s coaching staff that lacks experience and the ability to motivate players.

Most fans don't even know who our offensive line coach is,let alone how well he coaches.

I will not be disappointed if Jauron comes back next year, but I believe some assistants need to go!

Fans also need to realize that coaches make mistakes through inexperience also!

Bottom line is....Jauron is responsible.

I have some issues with Dick Jauron.

#1 Time management

#2 Game time adjustments

#3 Inability to devise a capable game plan for several opponents this season.

Just my opinion

As much as I hate to say it, I agree. The last thing we need is to burn 3 more years trying to find another head coach. Also, do you really think the Bills will go after someone witha proven track record and spend a lot to make it happen? Nope, they'll try to find a coach on the cheap and test it out for 3 yrs.

I'm on board. This team needs to keep Jauron. The fact is that we haven't suffered enough.

I really do not know what the answer is but what I do know is that flipping coaches every three years does not work in the NFL. I just wish I had more faith that Jauron could get the job done.

This Team has gone as far as it can go under Jauron...He's a VERY poor Game Planner and Game Day Coach...If The Bills had decent Coaching they would be 9-3 right now...

Dead Dick must go for this Team to take the next step... :lol:

I really do not know what the answer is but what I do know is that flipping coaches every three years does not work in the NFL. I just wish I had more faith that Jauron could get the job done.

Well...Sure it does not work when You continue to hire the wrong Coaches...Get the right Guy and it will seem easy... :lol:

Agreed. Sometimes teams get lucky like Atlanta and Baltimore. Alot of it is because they have young QB's that are playing very well and not making killer mistakes. Also, Baltimore has great veteran leadership on D. Overall though, it's been proven that the teams that keep going thru cycles of coaching changes are just big fat Losers. If they keep Jauron they need to take a serious look at his assistants and make changes where necessary. One thing for sure...this team has no chemistry between it's coaches and players. Even the players have no chemistry with each other. It's a bad mix.

The Bills roster is nothing special but he keeps his team competitive which is better than a team like the Rams or Detroit who lose by 30 in a boring game.

Being better than the two worst teams in professional football is really all we can ask for. I can say with a sense of pride that Jauron will probably be able to put out a product that's not in the bottom two for as long as he's allowed to stay. In addition, he'll be able to grant us all total consciousness on our death beds, so at least we have that going for us...which is nice.

Agreed. Sometimes teams get lucky like Atlanta and Baltimore. Alot of it is because they have young QB's that are playing very well and not making killer mistakes. Also, Baltimore has great veteran leadership on D. Overall though, it's been proven that the teams that keep going thru cycles of coaching changes are just big fat Losers. If they keep Jauron they need to take a serious look at his assistants and make changes where necessary. One thing for sure...this team has no chemistry between it's coaches and players. Even the players have no chemistry with each other. It's a bad mix.

The Bills had veteran leadership on D when the Levy/Jauron bus entered the city and they were all sent out of town on a rail. (Arguably, they were overpaid but the Bills have to overpay free agents to come to Buffalo -- see members of the current OL for examples.) And, 3 years later people talk about the leadership crisis on the team. The Bills have done a good job of treading water and replacing the players they ship out of town with younger draft picks without losing (or gaining) in terms of record. Under Mularkey, the Bills were a 7-9 team on average and under Jauron the Bills are a 7-9 team on average. :lol:

As others have hinted @ in their posts, if the Bills do decide to go w/ another head coach, it does not mean they need to wait another 3 years for results. Atlanta, Baltimore, and Miami all have new coaches in place and have improved greatly.

The problem is, even if the Bills get a new head coach, will they also get cohesion from the owner to the GM (if they decide to hire one) on down to the coach? That is what this team has been missing since Polian was fired and 'til they get that back, I don't think any of the "flip flopping" of coaches will make a difference.

REBUILDING we having built anthing yet to say REBUILDING. What do we have???? A team that needs LEADERS!!!! Leaders at the HC/OC/DC leaders on the field players that can play.

Please dont use the term rebuilding everyone on this team IS 100% upgradeable. WE need a new HC that has fire and experience and get some good free agents in here next year a solid draft and we will finally HAVE A TEAM. There is no REBUILDING you have to have a team thats old and getting dismantled to call it REBUILDING. :lol::worthy: