Unless Guy & Modrak are shown the door, things won't change...

LabattBlue

Bring in a new coach and he would be an improvement over DJ, but if the guys charged with bringing in the talent are not getting the job done which IMO Guy and Modrak are not, how much will things really change? Why these "TD guys" weren't shown the door when Ole' Whitey was given the boot, I'll never understand.

That being said, how much input DJ has into FA and the draft also weighs heavily in this equation. Who is making the final player decisions at OBD? After all, we pissed away a 4th round pick on a RB in 2007, because Ralph liked him. :huh:

Bring in a new coach and he would be an improvement over DJ, but if the guys charged with bringing in the talent are not getting the job done which IMO Guy and Modrak are not, how much will things really change? Why these "TD guys" weren't shown the door when Ole' Whitey was given the boot, I'll never understand.

That being said, how much input DJ has into FA and the draft also weighs heavily in this equation. Who is making the final player decisions at OBD? After all, we pissed away a 4th round pick on a RB in 2007, because Ralph liked him. :P

You know thats not true, it should e UNLESS you show Ralph the Door things will never change!! taking a quote from your own post After all, we pissed away a 4th round pick on a RB in 2007, because Ralph liked him. ;)

:huh:

That being said, how much input DJ has into FA and the draft also weighs heavily in this equation. Who is making the final player decisions at OBD? After all, we pissed away a 4th round pick on a RB in 2007, because Ralph liked him. :huh:

Completely disagree. #1, Jauron has a say in personnel. #2, who here really thinks the Bills are getting anywhere near the best from the talent they have? For one, not me.

After all, we pissed away a 4th round pick on a RB in 2007, because Ralph liked him. :huh:

Who would want to work in the Bills organization? At least the Lions finally fired Matt Millen after William Ford's son said the guy should be fired. Maybe DJ was the only one who was willing to take it. When the owner picks a guy who's out of football a year later, there are serious issues.

I would like someone to name for me an owner who makes football personnel decisions that has a successful team? Jerry Jones' Cowgirls haven't won a playoff game in 12 years, and the times he did go to the playoffs he had Parcells coaching.

Bob Kraft, Rooney, Dean Spanos, the Mara's/Tisch's, Arthur Blank, none of them interfere in football operations. They hire people who do that for them.

That being said, how much input DJ has into FA and the draft also weighs heavily in this equation. Who is making the final player decisions at OBD? After all, we pissed away a 4th round pick on a RB in 2007, because Ralph liked him. <_<

I think Modrak is good at evaluating players - I just think whomever has the last say has chosen foolishly. As for Guy - the dude is a loser. I can't wait to see him go.

C

Who would want to work in the Bills organization? At least the Lions finally fired Matt Millen after William Ford's son said the guy should be fired. Maybe DJ was the only one who was willing to take it. When the owner picks a guy who's out of football a year later, there are serious issues.

I would like someone to name for me an owner who makes football personnel decisions that has a successful team? Jerry Jones' Cowgirls haven't won a playoff game in 12 years, and the times he did go to the playoffs he had Parcells coaching.

Bob Kraft, Rooney, Dean Spanos, the Mara's/Tisch's, Arthur Blank, none of them interfere in football operations. They hire people who do that for them.

Jerry Jones was backed into a corner to hire Bill Parcels. Chan Gailey and Dave Campo forced his hand. BUT everyone must remember that he wears at least THREE hats Owner....President.... and GM. I agree that the Kraft's, Rooney's,Spanos,Tisch's and Blank's have shown more recent success in playoffs as The Bills and my Cowboys. It does say something for their type of operation

Not necessarily. What Guy and Modrak need is a GM with nads and a plan to right the ship. Obviously, Ralph doesn't have the time, energy, or the depth of field on the necessary personnel moves at this stage of the game.... and for God sakes, Brandon has no clue... he's just a damn good salesman. 50% of TBD'ers could probably put together a better team within the same constraints he has.

You bring in a football guy as GM... one that is a straight shooter and up front with everyone, and has a clear plan. That person would spell out the expectations for Guy and Modrak. If those two aren't in lock step with that.... then adios... we'll get someone that will.

That being said, how much input DJ has into FA and the draft also weighs heavily in this equation. Who is making the final player decisions at OBD? After all, we pissed away a 4th round pick on a RB in 2007, because Ralph liked him. :devil:

Marv made it clear BEFORE He hired Jauron that the Head Coach would have final say on personnel...Jauron gained even more influence when Marv left last year...No question Jauron had a HUGE hand in the talent on this Team...I think He did a better Job there than He did Coaching to be perfectly honest...

I know a lot of Folks around here are jumping all over the Bills talent level because of how poorly they have looked at times this Year...I'm not saying The Bills have top tier talent...cause they don't...What I am saying is they have more than enough talent to be a competative Team right now...Injuries and all...The proof is in these last 5 losses...Break down each loss...It's obvious a Play here and a Play there could have resulted in at least a 3-2, even 4-1 Record in those 5 Games...Coaching cost us those Games because in general they were all close Games in the 2nd Half that we lost due to poor preparation, game plan, adjustments, decisions, etc...Teams with a lack of talent get thumped a lot...The Bills have yet to be thumped outside of the Arizona Game...

There are areas of this Team like DE, TE and C that are definitely in need of improvement...But overall The Bills have enough talent to compete for a Wild Card, or even a Divisional Title (with a Brady-less Pats Team of coarse). The Coaching Staff has killed this Season for the Bills by not being able to maintain momentum and adjust after they ran out to a 5-1 Start...Dead Dick's Coaching, or lack thereof, is the main cause of this fall from Grace...Much more than the overall talent level IMHO... :unsure:

Not necessarily. What Guy and Modrak need is a GM with nads and a plan to right the ship. Obviously, Ralph doesn't have the time, energy, or the depth of field on the necessary personnel moves at this stage of the game.... and for God sakes, Brandon has no clue... he's just a damn good salesman. 50% of TBD'ers could probably put together a better team within the same constraints he has.

You bring in a football guy as GM... one that is a straight shooter and up front with everyone, and has a clear plan. That person would spell out the expectations for Guy and Modrak. If those two aren't in lock step with that.... then adios... we'll get someone that will.

I was going to say - the biggest reason Guy and Modrak are still here was the desire to maintain 'continuity' in the front office when Marv left, when no actual 'GM' was hired to replace him. To really makeover the front office would require a strong GM to take over and (re)build it - something anethema to Ralph after the Donahoe fiasco...

What needs to happen is for someone to come in and tell Ralph that things need to change...then get into the specifics we've talked about. A consultant, of sorts, that has no bones about telling it like it is. This would have to be someone that Ralph trusts and whose opinion he respects, or else his point would never make it across.

Lebatt......you realize that that actual change needs to happen above Guy and Modrack right? They are just puppets at this point.

But we all know Ralph is not going to sell the Bills and Brandon is clearly a favorite of Ralph's, so I set my cites a little lower on Guy & Modrak....and of course Jauron.

Marv made it clear BEFORE He hired Jauron that the Head Coach would have final say on personnel...Jauron gained even more influence when Marv left last year...No question Jauron had a HUGE hand in the talent on this Team...I think He did a better Job there than He did Coaching to be perfectly honest...

Even more reason then to get rid of Jauron! <_<

What needs to happen is for someone to come in and tell Ralph that things need to change...then get into the specifics we've talked about. A consultant, of sorts, that has no bones about telling it like it is. This would have to be someone that Ralph trusts and whose opinion he respects, or else his point would never make it across.

Agreed. In Ralph's defense, I think that is what he tried to do a bit with Marv.

Completely disagree. #1, Jauron has a say in personnel. #2, who here really thinks the Bills are getting anywhere near the best from the talent they have? For one, not me.

Yeah, I have to agree here...the Bills may be getting less from their talent than any team in the league save Detroit and Cincinnati...