When Fans rebell against our own players

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just adore how tough so many people look, bashing us fans who see the writing on the wall when you "real fans" obviously are blind to it. I love the audacity and holier-than-thou sh-- you guys toss at us "whinybabies." It amuses me.

Yes, those "holier than thou" fans understand that no matter what, throwing things at players is assinine. Last I checked Ralph Wilson stadium wasn't a daycare. Play-calling is what lost the game for us yesterday. The players don't call the plays.

What's that saying? Leadership falls from the top?

If the Bills have the right to put on that display of football...the fans have the right to "display" their collective frustration. Now, I don't think tossing things at anyone is cool, so dont think I condone that nonsense. This isn't an 8-4 team that actaually beat a few teams with a winning record, that was to the playoffs at least once this decade, and that just lost a hard fought game and because of that people are jumping ship. This is a team that has sucked for what seems like eternity and has failed to address the proper problems. Ownership NEEDS to stop being CHEAP! We as fans aren't stupid...we know when we're being neglected and when we're getting the raw end of a deal, and when we see it we should be able to voice it. And FYI...I live in Illinois, but I've been to two games this year, so I've "paid" my dues to gripe this year.

Perception becomes reality when fans have had enough! Ideally, Bills fans would do what they did to Ralphie in the mid 1980's when they simply didn't come! When 20,000 people show up for your "house of horrors" football team, then as the #1 ring master, you know it's time for a change! Don't give your hard earned money to someone you percieve to be "ripping you off" in broad daylight! The argument that that would be the finally death blow to Buffalo Bills football (moving), I'd say that page turned in 1996 or so competitively.... Try and make him pony up again, or else no money in his cofers..... otherwise, how do you spell frustration?

Well stated. I have never seen a larger collective bunch of cry babies who "support" their team then Bills fans. This board is unbearable to read after a loss. Seriously if the team causing you that much grief in your life and it consumes your existence, so much that you feel compelled to B word about the Bills 24/7- get some help. Take up knitting. Life is not fair. Deal with it

Are you kidding me Pete? These "crybaby" fans put a lot of money into this team. The Bills sell-out almost every game and have the 3rd overall best attendence over the past decade. Between that, and the cost of DirecTv Superfan, we are paying for this team as a product. So yeah, we have a right to complain if the product isn't satisfactory. And honestly, if you bought something, how many times would you allow the manufacturer to perform a recall before you started questioning them. It's been almost 15 years since we've had a power team and yet we still show up. Detroit, Arizona, Cinncinnati would all kill for our loyalty.

And if you don't care, then why are you even posting as much as you do? Personally, if that is really what Donte Whitner thinks of us, then he can kiss my @ss. We have every right to complain. I'm pretty much numb at this point after the last few weeks. Yes, I know that without Ralph we wouldn't have a team, but I can understand why people are starting to turn on him. I don't claim to know a lot about revenue sharing and whatnot, but I know that with the amount of games we sell out, there should be the money their to field a team. Hell, Arizona built a new stadium with the crap they've delivered.

In any case, the situation is a mess that I don't see turning around anytime soon. I thank Ralph for everything, but wish he would let the team be sold before he dies to ensure it's to someone who will keep the team here. Overall, I'd rather root for a losing Buffalo Bills than see a winning Toronto Bills

Fans Frustrated: Bills fans are beyond frustrated as after a 4-0 start got them excited, they have crashed hard. The Bills playoff hopes are done despite what the players and the coach says about taking it one game at a time and trying to win them all to get back in it. 6 wins won't get them in the playoffs and that makes nine years without a playoff berth. Some unruly fans showed their frustration after the game according to AP. Throwing cups and screaming at the players as they walked off. Jason Peters reportedly screamed back. He is part of the problem this year, so he should have just walked off the field with his head down.

Took this from Bill's Daily. This is NO excuse. I’m just as pissed as anyone in here on how this season turned out but throwing crap at the players does not fit the bill to be a fan of the Bills.

The problem with this team is coaching. This team is not prepared to play and does not make proper changes to win. Miami does not have a good team, but their coaches get those guys pumped up, make great game decisions, and put their players in position to make game changing plays.

Where does it get fixed? Well for starters, Ralph needs to finally pony up and buy a damn coach instead of this "NFL Goodwill Thrift Store" crap he agrees to hire. Our GM worked his way up through the system and earned his spot (with the help of a cheap owner not wanting to spend), but at this point ole Tommy D is looking like a saint! I now see why Butler ran right out the door as fast as he did. Ralph has never been committed to winning. He is committed to running a business and rightfully so, it’s his team and he makes a nice penny off of us. Win or lose.

Drafting is something this team just sucks at. Our players that turn out good leave and we have not seen a good QB come in here since JK was drafted. Drafting a collage QB in the third round and throwing him in a system that has sucked for the past 12 years does not help a young player’s confidence. JP is not a NFL QB and its starting to look like Edwards hit on the head had an effect on him.

So the true answer is this... Where do we all go from here because after a loss and the next day come, we are all Buffalo Bill fans again!

Go Bills

I appreciate the frustration with losing, that's healthy. Just how you manage it needs to be addressed.

Personally, I'm tired of waiting for the Bills to improve during off-season. So that when they play in preseason games I don't constantly read, relax it's just the preseason. The same mental mistakes are carrying over into the season. It seems each off-season is not a building block for the next. That somehow the guys go home and forget that they were NFL Professionals. Week 1 was a treat, but look how the Hawks have done. They're 2-10! We nearly lost in Oakland (3-9), had a good win in Jacksonville (4-7) and got a win at St Louis (2-10). It's not just new coaches either. Guys forget how to run block, run routes, pass rush... We got fooled in the 4-0 start. When watching, i wonder how the Bills are going to score. There appears no method in their madness. It just doesn't change week in week out, you never know what product you'll get- the progression or regression. You just want maybe 1 player each year to step up and take over this team. That's not coaching, that's individual. Ok. Maybe not a Ray Lewis, but maybe a Ronnie Lott guy... someone take this Bills by the Horns and step up. That's my rant and I'm off to work!

But they're the Bills and I've flown further than most to see a 3-13 side, so i'll see some more, unfortunately at times...

yeah Pete, all is well. This team is a joke and has been for 10 years. If someone paying good money to sit and watch yesterday's shoddy performance want to let the players know then good for them. Throwing things? Nope, but you want to yell you go ahead. God knows no one else has gotten into the face of anyone on that team in some time. Coach is soft. Team is soft.

I feel like posting something but I do not know what to say. This is what I think I know

I know that I would never throw anything at a player

I know I feel like throwing something at our so-called head coach

I know that I don't give a rat's a$$ if Jason Peters has his feelings hurts

I know that we have enough talent on this team to at least beat the Browns and San Fran at home

I know we lost to the Browns and San Fran at home

I know we have the worse in-game HC of all time

I know our HC makes decisions during the game that cost us the games

I know Lynch had a career day yesterday

I know our HC has no clue when and how to use Lynch

I know that our HC (based on his own words) "WISHED" that Lynch got more than 16 carries vs. San Fran

I know that the any HC from Pee Wee and above could have made sure that Lynch got more than 16 carries

I know Lynch did not get more than 16 carries yesterday

I know I have been a season ticket holder for 10+ years

I know that the licence on my season tickets have one year remaining

I know that I am very tired of flying 3000 miles to watch this product lose the way they do. year after year after year

I know that if DICK continues to be our head coach, then my reign as a ticket season holder is about to come to an end

I know I love my Bills, always have, always will. Will cheer for them wheter I am at the game or not

I know I will not continue to support a FO that hires one loser coach after another

I know we need a change....RIGHT NOW

I Know I have never met Cablelady!!!

I know I should stop typing now

In the 60's at the Rockpile, the fans threw full beer cans and empty whiskey bottles at the BILLS players on more than one occasion. In the 90's, fans threw batteries at Bryan Cox and rocks, batteries, bottles and marbles at the Dolphins bus. So a few people threw empty water bottles yesterday. Big Blankin Deal. After paying hard earned money, sitting in the freezing cold rain for 3+ hours and watching that sad, pathetic display of alleged NFL football, it's a wonder somebody didn't find something harder to throw. Fans are as soft as the players these days.

Fans Frustrated: Bills fans are beyond frustrated as after a 4-0 start got them excited, they have crashed hard. The Bills playoff hopes are done despite what the players and the coach says about taking it one game at a time and trying to win them all to get back in it. 6 wins won't get them in the playoffs and that makes nine years without a playoff berth. Some unruly fans showed their frustration after the game according to AP. Throwing cups and screaming at the players as they walked off. Jason Peters reportedly screamed back. He is part of the problem this year, so he should have just walked off the field with his head down.

Took this from Bill's Daily. This is NO excuse. I’m just as pissed as anyone in here on how this season turned out but throwing crap at the players does not fit the bill to be a fan of the Bills.

The problem with this team is coaching. This team is not prepared to play and does not make proper changes to win. Miami does not have a good team, but their coaches get those guys pumped up, make great game decisions, and put their players in position to make game changing plays.

Where does it get fixed? Well for starters, Ralph needs to finally pony up and buy a damn coach instead of this "NFL Goodwill Thrift Store" crap he agrees to hire. Our GM worked his way up through the system and earned his spot (with the help of a cheap owner not wanting to spend), but at this point ole Tommy D is looking like a saint! I now see why Butler ran right out the door as fast as he did. Ralph has never been committed to winning. He is committed to running a business and rightfully so, it’s his team and he makes a nice penny off of us. Win or lose.

Drafting is something this team just sucks at. Our players that turn out good leave and we have not seen a good QB come in here since JK was drafted. Drafting a collage QB in the third round and throwing him in a system that has sucked for the past 12 years does not help a young player’s confidence. JP is not a NFL QB and its starting to look like Edwards hit on the head had an effect on him.

So the true answer is this... Where do we all go from here because after a loss and the next day come, we are all Buffalo Bill fans again!

Go Bills

So you mean the crap I saw in the parking lot after was just a one time occurrence :huh:

The problem here is what are fans supposed to do? They can't, as they can in other cities, vote with their wallet. Because at what cost -- the loss of the franchise?

So what are they supposed to do?

I am, by no means, condoning throwing things at people. That's flat stupid. But what can the fans do?

You know what the city ought to do? It ought to play hard ball with the NFL, tell the NFL that Buffalo wants the rights for the city and its citizens to own the team similar to Green Bay, and since they aren't allowing this anymore, they need to make an exception. And if they don't, cry anti-trust. This franchise is terminally ill and it seems like there is nothing the primary funding source (its fans) can do about it except to continue to fund its death.

That's not fair.

In the 60's at the Rockpile, the fans threw full beer cans and empty whiskey bottles at the BILLS players on more than one occasion. In the 90's, fans threw batteries at Bryan Cox and rocks, batteries, bottles and marbles at the Dolphins bus. So a few people threw empty water bottles yesterday. Big Blankin Deal. After paying hard earned money, sitting in the freezing cold rain for 3+ hours and watching that sad, pathetic display of alleged NFL football, it's a wonder somebody didn't find something harder to throw. Fans are as soft as the players these days.

And those people were pathetic. I never want to be included in a group of fans that racially taunted Bryan Cox. Just because you pay money doesn't give you the right to act like an @ss. In terms of what most NFL players look for in a location, Buffalo isn't high on the list compare to Miami, New York, Chicago, etc. The major positive that Buffalo has is a passionate fanbase. You really think players don't talk?

The best part is I'm sure many of you have days at your job. Does that give someone the right to throw stuff at you??? Seriously, I was as mad as anyone yesterday but it is sad and pathetic to think that is a reason to act like an idiot. People need to grow up.

Go Bills

Don't take the blame away from the players, the coaching staff can only do so much, the players are the ones on the field who have to actually play the game, and the problem hasn't been that the players have been playing so well and the coaching staff just keeps doing moronic things to hold them back. Too many players were dropping passes, missing blocks, throwing weak passes, missing FG's, etc.... Thats on the players too

Blame the coaches all you want, but the players deserve just as much of the blame. These are Pros who have been playing the game their entire life, they shouldn't need a coaching staff to hold their hands and lead them all game.

The worst part for me at the game that made me disgusted with the fans was the reaction after half time to JP coming into the game.When about 3/4's of the stadium is booing the backup QB coming into the game, after the starter is not breathing any life into the offence is disgraceful. I thought people (Trent guys) didn't care who was playing QB as long as the team is winning? Its not like he was given a chance in the game and he stunk it up just as bad when the boo's started, all he did was march onto the field to start the second half. Even if he was put in not because Trent was hurt, why boo him? The team needed a spark, and Trent wasn't providing it in the 1st half. You have to make a decision at that point as to what you care more about this year, rebuilding and developing a QB, or keeping your slim playoff hopes alive.

Yes, those "holier than thou" fans understand that no matter what, throwing things at players is assinine. Last I checked Ralph Wilson stadium wasn't a daycare. Play-calling is what lost the game for us yesterday. The players don't call the plays.

What's that saying? Leadership falls from the top?

Playcalling, along with poor play from the QB position, dropped passes, bad penalties, horrid punting and kicking from both kickers. It wasn't just the play calling and the coaching that cost the Bills the game, the entire coaching staff AND players are to blame. Players don't call the plays, but the coaches also don't execute the plays on the field