Where does JP go next year?

BuffaloBill

I see JP being a great QB with an OC who can specifically design an offense around his talents. I also think when he leaves here he is going to be extremely motivated to prove that he's a much better QB than anybody here thought he was.

If that doesn't happen I see him like a slightly better Trent Dilfer. A guy who won't lose games for you but won't win them, except rarely, for you either.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out last friday night and saw JP at a bar on Chippewa..As I don't get out much I had a little more than a few

and walked up to JP and asked him where he would be playing next year.

He was very cool and said, "I am playing here this year." I asked well what about next year and he repeated himself in a respectful manner...where he could have just punked me off. Then I asked him what he felt about Trent's 1st qtr melt down v. Cleveland...JP smiled and said listen..I'm just out for something to eat and a little time with my friends and I am not really talking football tonight.

I apologized for interrupting him and he was cool..asked me my name etc made small talk. I wished him good luck in his future and went back to my group of friends.

My take on JP, the guy is a class act..even to a drunken overzealous Bills fan out for some answers.

Good Luck where ever you end up JP :)

Too bad it has not worked out for him here. I think he genuinely likes the city.

Naturally, JP is going to want to go to a place where he has a legitimate shot at starting. Therefore I think possibly landing places for him are:

Kansas City, Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and San Fransico.

Detroit pretty much has the top pick locked up and without Millen they won't take a WR (zing!), so I think they'll go QB. And with Stafford, Bradford and Tebow some other teams will go QB too. So it's hard to pick where he'll go.

But I'm gonna say Gruden will bring him in with a promise of a chance to compete for the starter's job. Garcia is old and so is Greise. I think JP will go and join the Bucs.

I don't know that he is even a good #2. When a guy says he has a hard time getting up for games, despite being paid as a professional athelese, I have my doubts. Don't get me wrong, I think he is talented, but he just doen't process game info like he should....
Kerry Collins said the same thing on espn radio.What kept him going was the fact that he thought he could still be a starter in the leaque.Just think if Vince Young was still starting, would they still be 10 and one.Maybe because they have a great defense and good coach.Its funny how when your loosing its always QB fault.He not good enough but with a tougher schedule Losman didn't have that bad of stats in 2006 and he wasn't allowed to change the play at the line.Achie Manning never was on a winning team,was he a bad QB?I think if Losman went to a team that works with his Strength instead of making him a dink and donk passer,I think he could start.Like I said before the Bears change they're offense to Orton strength and look a differant qb and Thigpen in K.C. they run the same offense he had in college,differant qb,Vikings wish they still have him.That why Edwards looks better in our offense,because he is a dinker.But the only good game he had lately was againts a bunch of rookies in K.C."youngest team in the NFL" but I'm happy with the win.Do you think Farve would've had a great career if they would've change the way he played the game?

Naturally, JP is going to want to go to a place where he has a legitimate shot at starting. Therefore I think possibly landing places for him are:

Kansas City, Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and San Fransico.

Detroit pretty much has the top pick locked up and without Millen they won't take a WR (zing!), so I think they'll go QB. And with Stafford, Bradford and Tebow some other teams will go QB too. So it's hard to pick where he'll go.

But I'm gonna say Gruden will bring him in with a promise of a chance to compete for the starter's job. Garcia is old and so is Greise. I think JP will go and join the Bucs.

All of those are possibilities. I think if he has any choice in the matter (read: if he gets offers from them), he goes to either Minnesota or ... wait for it ... wait for it ...

The Jets.

Consider that his style of play is relatively similar to Favre. Then consider the respect/manlove he has for Favre. Then consider that the Jets don't really have a QB developing under Favre, who's been downright bipolar re: retirement (I think he plays another year or two).

I have nothing against JP except that he didn't/doesn't fit in the system here and that the game didn't 'slow down for him' in the pocket, as the phrase goes.

Whether Mangini and Schottenheimer feel they can work with him is the question, but I think NY is JP's landing place.

I have a feeling he hooks up with Mularkey in Atlanta. Mularkey really liked and trusted him and was instrumental in developing the JP we see today.

:)

All of those are possibilities. I think if he has any choice in the matter (read: if he gets offers from them), he goes to either Minnesota or ... wait for it ... wait for it ...

The Jets.

Consider that his style of play is relatively similar to Favre. Then consider the respect/manlove he has for Favre. Then consider that the Jets don't really have a QB developing under Favre, who's been downright bipolar re: retirement (I think he plays another year or two).

I have nothing against JP except that he didn't/doesn't fit in the system here and that the game didn't 'slow down for him' as the phrase goes.

Whether Mangini and Schottenheimer feel they can work with him is the question, but I think NY is JP's landing place.

:)

i think they should cut that noodle arm trent and make jp the starter. Trent has turned out to be even a worse football player than I thought he'd be

Don't be surprised if he should land on a really good team that wants to develop him more. He is not as bad as most of you make him out to be.Given the right situation he could be really good down the road,or really bad depending on where he lands.Just my take
Look at Steve Young,When he was at Tampa Bay and then when he went to the 49ers with better talent and coaches,who develope him to very good QB.Just think if he stayed at Tampa Bay,He would've been considered a bust.He also played in the USFL before he went to Tampa Bay.But with a better supporting cast and coaching made a differance.

JP isn't good. No matter where he goes he's gonna hold on to the ball too long, fail to read defenses, throw picks and get sacked. With that being said I hope he goes to the jets if Favre retires
Just like Edwards,holding on to the ball to long,doesn't read defense,throws picks and gets sacked.except againt Chiefs"youngest team in football,17 rookies",maybe its' the way they're coached.

I have a feeling he hooks up with Mularkey in Atlanta. Mularkey really liked and trusted him and was instrumental in developing the JP we see today.

It's funny that same Mularkey looks like a genius with Matt Ryan (and before he made Kordell Stewart a MVP candidate). Maybe, and I know this is crazy, but Losman wasn't good enough??? :)

I really liked Losman and wanted him to succeed. However, his fan club really is annoying to me. There are 32 starting spots in the NFL. There is an entire new rookie class of QB coming in. A guy like Tyler Thigpen comes out of no where to become a starter. Matt Cassell and Leftwich are free agents. I really don't see Losman being anything more than a number #2 at best.

Losman certainly has some major skills. However, I don't know if he can overcome his lack of pocket awareness or poor decision-making. The league is full of wash out that had amazing skills. Would anyone outside of Buffalo think Losman is a better option than Rex Grossman?

Again, I like JP but I'm so sick of the excuses. Part of being a good QB is to be able to adjust to change. I really think the more you look back at 2006, you will realize that Fairchild did a great job getting the most of out Losman and limiting his mistakes. If TE is our guy, I'd love to see JP starting somewhere. But I really don't see that happening.

Look at Steve Young,When he was at Tampa Bay and then when he went to the 49ers with better talent and coaches,who develope him to very good QB.Just think if he stayed at Tampa Bay,He would've been considered a bust.He also played in the USFL before he went to Tampa Bay.But with a better supporting cast and coaching made a differance.

Kyle Boller had all the skills in the world. Nothing is dumber than comparing player X to player Y. And at this point, Losman is a lot closer to Boller than one of the all time great QBs.

Don't be surprised if he should land on a really good team that wants to develop him more. He is not as bad as most of you make him out to be.Given the right situation he could be really good down the road,or really bad depending on where he lands.Just my take

He will be in his 5th season. How much more time does he need to develop??? 3 years is normally a good time frame to gain an idea on how a QB is progressing. Losman certainly had his moments, but there were to few and far better. You simply couldn't count on JP as an every game starter for the Bills.