Where does JP go next year?

BuffaloBill

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over Romo? I doubt that. You don't give serious money to backup QB's

Jones saw how bad his team was without Romo this year and he's going to do his best to avoid that from happening next year. Hence he'll give JP more money then he's worth to replace Brad Johnson. As while I can't stand Jones' as a business man and how he constantly undermines the league and usually only looking to line his pocket books I can respect him as an owner that he uses that money to bring in the players he wants and does his best to get the best possible team he can get on the field.

JP is not going to a team where he does not have a chance to be a #1. Romo has a lock on the starting job.

Then JP is stupider then people give him credit for as he's clearly a backup QB and he'd be wise going to an organization that has deep pockets and a pretty good supporting cast of receivers that he could use to his advantage if ever has the chance to play again.

Then JP is stupider then people give him credit for as he's clearly a backup QB and he'd be wise going to an organization that has deep pockets and a pretty good supporting cast of receivers that he could use to his advantage if ever has the chance to play again.

How can you rule out JP as a good starter in the NFL? You can't. Now maybe nobody signs him a contract and hands the job to him, but he may earn it somewhere. The NFL is full of guys that didn't get off to a fast start in their careers and went on to be starters.

He will be in his 5th season. How much more time does he need to develop??? 3 years is normally a good time frame to gain an idea on how a QB is progressing. Losman certainly had his moments, but there were to few and far better. You simply couldn't count on JP as an every game starter for the Bills.

JP had four years...of what? different head coaches,different offensive coordinators,different QB coaches? Out his first year with a broken leg. JP had some really good games and some bad games. That happens to almost every new young QB though. Lets not forget that Eli Manning was getting hammered by critics for his bad play and mental mistakes until the latter part of last year when the proverbial "lights" went on and he started playing great consistently. It took him four FULL years (of playing) to finally get it!

My take is if JP had started for the NY Giants instead of Eli and had that power running game behind him all this time while he learned to read defenses and garnered 4 solid years of experience, who is to say he wouldn't have developed as well as Eli?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drafted 04,broken leg in training camp and played backup to Bledsoe and only saw brief action in three games.

05,started 11 games in 2005,replaced by Kelly Holcomb for 5 games

06,Losman had a 62.5 completion percentage for the season, a record for Buffalo Bill quarterbacks in a full 16-game season. He was rated the 11th best passer in the NFL, with an 84.9 passer rating.Losman's performance over the last half of the 2006 season was greatly improved. However, the offense as a whole was hurt by a below-average rushing attack that created many 3rd and long situations.

07,played in 8 games

So he really had one season to develop and with a weak running game it just makes it almost impossible for a new QB to play well. Want to blame someone,blame the play calling and lack of ground game.

The Bills will continue to lose games when they force any young QB to carry the team

I'm kinda hoping the NY Giants or Minnesota gets him. a power running game would really help him a lot :)

JP had four years...of what? different head coaches,different offensive coordinators,different QB coaches? Out his first year with a broken leg. JP had some really good games and some bad games. That happens to almost every new young QB though. Lets not forget that Eli Manning was getting hammered by critics for his bad play and mental mistakes until the latter part of last year when the proverbial "lights" went on and he started playing great consistently. It took him four FULL years (of playing) to finally get it!

My take is if JP had started for the NY Giants instead of Eli and had that power running game behind him all this time while he learned to read defenses and garnered 4 solid years of experience, who is to say he wouldn't have developed as well as Eli?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drafted 04,broken leg in training camp and played backup to Bledsoe and only saw brief action in three games.

05,started 11 games in 2005,replaced by Kelly Holcomb for 5 games

06,Losman had a 62.5 completion percentage for the season, a record for Buffalo Bill quarterbacks in a full 16-game season. He was rated the 11th best passer in the NFL, with an 84.9 passer rating.Losman's performance over the last half of the 2006 season was greatly improved. However, the offense as a whole was hurt by a below-average rushing attack that created many 3rd and long situations.

07,played in 8 games

So he really had one season to develop and with a weak running game it just makes it almost impossible for a new QB to play well. Want to blame someone,blame the play calling and lack of ground game.

The Bills will continue to lose games when they force any young QB to carry the team

I'm kinda hoping the NY Giants or Minnesota gets him. a power running game would really help him a lot :)

These Trent lovers are a JOKE. They are blaming Trents POOR play this year on everything from his concussion, to the poor O-line play to the poor running game yet when they post about JP they say he had 4 years & just doesn't get it without taking any other factors into account. This Sunday Trent will be playing at HOME against a WEAK team. I don't want to hear any excuses if he doesn't play well.

He will be in his 5th season. How much more time does he need to develop??? 3 years is normally a good time frame to gain an idea on how a QB is progressing. Losman certainly had his moments, but there were to few and far better. You simply couldn't count on JP as an every game starter for the Bills.

Three years in a stable organization should be plenty. JP did not have that, Trent has, if he doesn't show something next year I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY EXCUSES FROM YOU OR THE OTHER TRENT LOVERS.

Kyle Boller had all the skills in the world. Nothing is dumber than comparing player X to player Y. And at this point, Losman is a lot closer to Boller than one of the all time great QBs.
Klye never threw more than 13 t.d.s in a year.I'm not saying that Losman is Steve Young,what I'm saying is you look at Steve Youngs first couple years in the leaque,even after playing in the USFL.He was putting up some bad numbers and they were not winning alot of games.Went to S.F.49ers sat behind Montana and develope into a great QB.Put Losman into a team with better talent and coaching,maybe better QB.Also Boller never had aQB rating of 80 and only completed over 60% one time"rookie year".Got worse every year.I know you don't like Losman but from his first year as a starter to his second year as a starter he got better in every part of his game"com.pct.,yrds, t.d.s,lower int.sacks went down,fumbles and most importent wins 5 to 7."So I don't know about you ,but that means he was showing improvement.he has played 9 games since.Who knows if he could've worked out his problems if he could've played all year.Like Edwards after 4 bad games, they stuck by him and let him work through the bad games.Maybe because it was the Chiefs they figured it would be a good game to get him out of his funk.

These Trent lovers are a JOKE. They are blaming Trents POOR play this year on everything from his concussion, to the poor O-line play to the poor running game yet when they post about JP they say he had 4 years & just doesn't get it without taking any other factors into account. This Sunday Trent will be playing at HOME against a WEAK team. I don't want to hear any excuses if he doesn't play well.

So bitter....Well after JP goes to be backup somewhere else maybe you can follow..Nobody blamed Trents bad poor performance on anything but his bad play..He sucked..We will see how he does ..If he still sucks then next please..Just like JP..Quit hanging on to the dingleberry let it go..It hurts the longer it stays..

JP is not going to a team where he does not have a chance to be a #1. Romo has a lock on the starting job.

JP might not have a choice

There are 32 starting QB jobs in the NFL, most have an entrenched incumbant.

Of the teams with open QB jobs, a few will draft somebody in the 1st or 2nd round. Those teams won't look to JP as a long term starter. He might start a few games early on but will be end the season as #2. And somehow I don't think too many coaches would consider JP as a veteran mentor that can help groom a young QB

The teams that need QB help and don't draft somebody will look for a veteran Free Agent to start for a season or two. Is JP that guy? Or is Matt Cassel? How about a JP Clone like Kyle Boller or Rex Grossman? Maybe Kyle Orton, JT O'Sullivan, or Patrick Ramsey? All veteran QBs with experience as a starter. All Free Agents at the end of the year. David Garrard, Kurt Warner, and Kerry Collins are also FAs, but I'm assuming they will re-sign