Where does JP go next year?

BuffaloBill

Klye never threw more than 13 t.d.s in a year.I'm not saying that Losman is Steve Young,what I'm saying is you look at Steve Youngs first couple years in the leaque,even after playing in the USFL.He was putting up some bad numbers and they were not winning alot of games.Went to S.F.49ers sat behind Montana and develope into a great QB.Put Losman into a team with better talent and coaching,maybe better QB.Also Boller never had aQB rating of 80 and only completed over 60% one time"rookie year".Got worse every year.I know you don't like Losman but from his first year as a starter to his second year as a starter he got better in every part of his game"com.pct.,yrds, t.d.s,lower int.sacks went down,fumbles and most importent wins 5 to 7."So I don't know about you ,but that means he was showing improvement.he has played 9 games since.Who knows if he could've worked out his problems if he could've played all year.Like Edwards after 4 bad games, they stuck by him and let him work through the bad games.Maybe because it was the Chiefs they figured it would be a good game to get him out of his funk.

T h e

s p a c e

b a r

i s

y o u r

f r i e n d .

P l e a s e

p a y

m o r e

a t t e n t i o n

t o

i t .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So bitter....Well after JP goes to be backup somewhere else maybe you can follow..Nobody blamed Trents bad poor performance on anything but his bad play..He sucked..We will see how he does ..If he still sucks then next please..Just like JP..Quit hanging on to the dingleberry let it go..It hurts the longer it stays..

"Nobody blamed Trents bad poor performance on anything but his bad play.." Please, you can't read any better than you write. Go back and REREAD threads from the games prior to KC. Everything was blamed from Trents concussion, to the O-line to the running game.

"Nobody blamed Trents bad poor performance on anything but his bad play.." Please, you can't read any better than you write. Go back and REREAD threads from the games prior to KC. Everything was blamed from Trents concussion, to the O-line to the running game.

Not everybody..And definatley not all"Trent Lovers" Youre act is old and tired go away..

With the Cowboys suggested, I wonder if JP might not be best served going to a good team with an injury-prone QB for a year or two. Then, he can come out as a UFA again in 2010 or 2011, with some very solid mop-up work on his resume to grab a starting job somewhere. Dallas could offer that. So could Arizona. Maybe even Pittsburgh.

Take the journeyman job, and play for a breakout season in his 30s. It worked for Kerry Collins.

Jones saw how bad his team was without Romo this year and he's going to do his best to avoid that from happening next year. Hence he'll give JP more money then he's worth to replace Brad Johnson. As while I can't stand Jones' as a business man and how he constantly undermines the league and usually only looking to line his pocket books I can respect him as an owner that he uses that money to bring in the players he wants and does his best to get the best possible team he can get on the field.

You funny Jokeman...maybe JP ends up in St Louis (they need a QB) and Marc Bulger or Trent Green ends up in Dallas? Maybe Chicago?

I wrote EVERYTHING not EVERYBODY. YOU should go AWAY until you learn to read at the 5th Grade level.

You really call yourself a Bills Fan?? Seriously?? All You do is dump on anyone that doesnt clean JP's Jock..Let me give you some advice..Put the shotgun between your legs insert in your trap and pull the trigger..One less troll..all you do is start crap grab straws and pray Trent screws up..My god dont you have anything better to do?? He is gone..Wait for 6 months when he signs on as a backup and jump on that wagon..That train left you last year..So grab your street broom and move on..Youre ship left last year...Goodbye

Until the 2nd half of the Cleveland game, the run-blocking and our "running game" did look like sh--.

Some ado about the concussion among the worrywarts here and the chicken-littles in the Buffalo media. But, the posters here with the most credibility and among NFL people were not shifting blame. Go back and read Bill's 'Thoughts About the Game' and it's there in B&W... Trent had stretches of bad plays in a few games, e.g. first 3 quarters of the Browns game before he got it together and gave us a shot to win before Jauron and Turk went into a shell with 1:30 left. Rough patches happen to any QB (was that Trent's 'sophomore slump'), whether it's their fault or if they just aren't getting help from the other 21 guys. I'm not expecting perfection, I'm expecting progression.

If you're so disapproving of a modified dink'n'dunk --- a scheme that's been proven to win in the AFC-E, like it or not, while the Bills have tried just about every other type of offense and had a whole lot of 3-4-5-win seasons to show for it....

If you are are ill for one or two of JP's longballs per game (mind you, this is against teams who don't have good CBs) in between awful pocket presence (exacerbated by his always looking for something to open up DEEP when that kind of time is not a luxury) and an erratic short-game.... Well, all I can tell you is to follow JP when he goes.

You really call yourself a Bills Fan?? Seriously?? All You do is dump on anyone that doesnt clean JP's Jock..Let me give you some advice..Put the shotgun between your legs insert in your trap and pull the trigger..One less troll..all you do is start crap grab straws and pray Trent screws up..My god dont you have anything better to do?? He is gone..Wait for 6 months when he signs on as a backup and jump on that wagon..That train left you last year..So grab your street broom and move on..Youre ship left last year...Goodbye

Yes I'm a BILLS fan. YOU are an IDIOT that can't even read at the 5th grade level. You can't defend your position on any topic for that reason, so you have to resort to name calling. Do us all a favor & leave.

Who cares?!? His time in relief in Arizona proved to me that he isn't a good starting QB. He proved he can do one of two things. He either 1) hangs on to the ball too long, locks on a receiver, scrambles, and gets tackled/sacked, or 2) hangs on the to ball too long, locks on a receiver, scrambles, throws an ill-aimed bomb into double coverage that's lucky not to get picked off. He'd be good if he had an offensive line of 6' 6" 350 lb blockers that ran a 4.3 40, and three receivers that were 7'4" and taller that could go get a jump ball, or receivers that ran a sub-4.0 40 that could get behind the defense. His only skill is throwing a bomb. He just doesn't have it upstairs to stay in the pocket, go through the reads and take what the defense gives him.

Sorry, but JP is not the answer, even as a backup, for the Bills. Thanks for the memories JP, but good luck to you with your next team.

Thanks too to Tom Donnahoo for giving up the picks to reach for him and McCargo (#26 overall 2006 NFL draft), who IMHO, only looked good in college because Mario Williams (#1 overall 2006 NFL draft) got double teamed all the time. I mean c'mon, if he's gonna give up the picks to get back into the first round, why not take Nick Mangold (Jets - #29 overall) or Joseph Addai (Colts - #30 overall). Gee, thanks Tom...

I just hope that whatever team JP goes to, we get to play. It'll be nice to see him get picked off or laying at the bottom of a pile of Bills!!!

Who cares?!? His time in relief in Arizona proved to me that he isn't a good starting QB. He proved he can do one of two things. He either 1) hangs on to the ball too long, locks on a receiver, scrambles, and gets tackled/sacked, or 2) hangs on the to ball too long, locks on a receiver, scrambles, throws an ill-aimed bomb into double coverage that's lucky not to get picked off. He'd be good if he had an offensive line of 6' 6" 350 lb blockers that ran a 4.3 40, and three receivers that were 7'4" and taller that could go get a jump ball, or receivers that ran a sub-4.0 40 that could get behind the defense. His only skill is throwing a bomb. He just doesn't have it upstairs to stay in the pocket, go through the reads and take what the defense gives him.

Sorry, but JP is not the answer, even as a backup, for the Bills. Thanks for the memories JP, but good luck to you with your next team.

Thanks too to Tom Donnahoo for giving up the picks to reach for him and McCargo (#26 overall 2006 NFL draft), who IMHO, only looked good in college because Mario Williams (#1 overall 2006 NFL draft) got double teamed all the time. I mean c'mon, if he's gonna give up the picks to get back into the first round, why not take Nick Mangold (Jets - #29 overall) or Joseph Addai (Colts - #30 overall). Gee, thanks Tom...

I just hope that whatever team JP goes to, we get to play. It'll be nice to see him get picked off or laying at the bottom of a pile of Bills!!!

I pretty much agree with your assessment of JP and I think that most GM's do as well. I highly doubt that ANY team will bring in JP with hopes of him competing for the starting job. I say he kicks around the league for 3-4 years as a backup before running out of chances.

FWIW, it was Marv Levy who was responsible for the McCargo fiasco. What he did, was essentially throw a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick right out the window. Not exactly the recipe for building a playoff contender. :)

I pretty much agree with your assessment of JP and I think that most GM's do as well. I highly doubt that ANY team will bring in JP with hopes of him competing for the starting job. I say he kicks around the league for 3-4 years as a backup before running out of chances.

FWIW, it was Marv Levy who was responsible for the McCargo fiasco. What he did, was essentially throw a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick right out the window. Not exactly the recipe for building a playoff contender. :)

You're right - my apologies to Tom. That reach was in the Marv era...

J.P. cares more about how he looks rather than how he performs. In games he had what I call the thirty yard stare. He was always looking for the HR ball instead of looking to advance it by what the D was offering. The same condition cursed Bledsoe and Rob Johnson. The one thing that J.P. did do well, run the ball, someone made him stop. As we saw last week a QB who knows when to take off and has the ability to do so can break a game open. I saw a Trent Edwards ignore several occasions to run this season, he could have picked up crucial first downs and ended up punting. Lets see what he does this week. I think that J.P. won't land with a team in the starter or back up roll, more like a third stringer. Are we still calling him a rookie?

He completed 70% of his passes in that game. Thats with recievers who are 6' and shorter. Plus no pass blocking and no running game. O wait a minute, that only happens to Edwards. He is the only QB that doesn't get pass protection and no running game. 70% just on long passes thats pretty good, since he can't hit the short passes must be all long passes.

so let me get this straight ..

his time, in the arizona game, where he came in with no practice reps as the starter, convinced you that he's not a good starting quarterback? hahahahaha, good one.

so let me get this straight ..

his time, in the arizona game, where he came in with no practice reps as the starter, convinced you that he's not a good starting quarterback? hahahahaha, good one.

YEP his 3 quarters of near perfect QBing were bad too....

And it was his fault Jenkins jumped offsides on a FG...and Royal Fumbled the next drive....essecntially taking us out of that game in the 4th quarter....thats when everything feel apart on offense....but the JP haters wont give him credit for keeping us in that game up to that point...