peter king on mike williams

i saw that false start on the 5 yard line. freakin second and goal from the 5. just stupid mistakes.

and he did go 4th overall. he should be dominating. but hes just average.  ;)

86537[/snapback]

All I can do is shake my head. The #4 pick in the entire draft and we got a right tackle. A below average right takle I would say. Definitely a TD f-up.

All I can do is shake my head.  The #4 pick in the entire draft and we got a right tackle.  A below average right takle I would say.  Definitely a TD f-up.

86549[/snapback]

were you happy or sad when we drafted williams. i doubt you were saying how bad of a player williams was on draft day.

THIS JUST IN: Yes, hindsight is still 20/20

were you happy or sad when we drafted williams. i doubt you were saying how bad of a player williams was on draft day.

THIS JUST IN: Yes, hindsight is still 20/20

86559[/snapback]

Thought McKinney was better, but marginally so. You are correct, hindsight is 20/20, but TD is paid a bucket full of money to make sound football decisions. As a professional you should not blow the number 4 pick.

All I can do is shake my head.  The #4 pick in the entire draft and we got a right tackle.  A below average right takle I would say.  Definitely a TD f-up.

86549[/snapback]

to TD defense, M. Williams was the best OT in the draft. (in most people's opinion). and it looked good, getting bledsoe and a new young beast of a OT.

we later learned that TD would have taken harrington with the pick if he was not taked #3 overall. just one place diffrence would have changed EVERYTHING.

Yeah maybe Newman, but common man, isn't drew bledsoe the real reason that MW sucks so much

TWO THINGS (FOR TUESDAY) I THINK I THINK

1. I think the two most disappointing players in the NFL right now are Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman and Buffalo tackle Mike Williams. They're really hurting their teams right now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writ...king/index.html

86531[/snapback]

Thought McKinney was better, but marginally so.  You are correct, hindsight is 20/20, but TD is paid a bucket full of money to make sound football decisions.  As a professional you should not blow the number 4 pick.

86563[/snapback]

I thought so too. But I remember how happy most were with his character. I think he still has the potential to be a good or even great player if he puts his mind to it.

I thought so too.  But I remember how happy most were with his character.  I think he still has the potential to be a good or even great player if he puts his mind to it.

86580[/snapback]

Who knows, maybe once we change QB's he will play better. It could be Bledsoe just makes him look bad (Although, the penalties really gotta stop).

Yeah maybe Newman, but common man, isn't drew bledsoe the real reason that MW sucks so much

86566[/snapback]

I think you are on to something there, simply based on Drew's stationary point in the pocket. Plus MW takes alot of flack by fans (including Peter King) for errors/ sacks given up that weren't even his responsibility. This in addition to the errors that ARE his responsibility which is bad enough. Bottom line, he has not reached potential, but hindsight critique of a GM's decision on a unanimously highly rated player does not hold much water.

If I had to do it all over again I would have traded out of that pick.....

That is why teams are constantly trying to trade out of the top 5......the risk of bust is just too great

86579[/snapback]

This comes up all the time, and the general consensus was that nobody was willing to trade with Buffalo (or anyone in the top of the draft) because the talent wasn't that good overall.

No dance partner = no trade.

CW

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Were all hoping MW turns it around but he won't. Thats because he lacks desire, is lazy, and really doesn't care about football imo.

Who said he was the best tackle coming out in that draft. Some scout. I can find another who said McKinnie was. MW supposedly had better character,LOL. So McKinnie plays left tackle for one of the best offense in the NFL now. It was TD's job to make the right decision.

Were all hoping MW turns it around but he won't. Thats because he lacks desire, is lazy, and really doesn't care about football imo.

Who said he was the best tackle coming out in that draft. Some scout. I can find another who said McKinnie was. MW supposedly had better character,LOL. So McKinnie plays left tackle for one of the best offense in the NFL now. It was TD's job to make the right decision.

86600[/snapback]

If Im an owner and you're my new GM and you tell me you're gonna take a guy who has already revealed nationally what an A$$ he is and that he is going to hold out before the draft even starts over a guy of equal talent with a much better history of character, then you're fired before you even get started.

If Im an owner and you're my new GM and you tell me you're gonna take a guy who has already revealed nationally what an A$$ he is and that he is going to hold out before the draft even starts over a guy of equal talent with a much better history of character, then you're fired before you even get started.

86632[/snapback]

Yep, so you take Roy Williams instead. :D