life is frustrating enough as it is...

UB2SF

As I watched the Monday Night Debacle 2.0, I held in my arms my new son, just three weeks old. As 3-week olds are prone to doing, my son spent most of the game screaming in frantic misery. My wife woke up from her much-needed nap and asked how everything was going. Without really thinking, I said, "I just realized that the only thing worse than watching my team get their a$$es handed to them for the millionth time, is watching them get their a$$es handed to them with a screaming human 12 inches from my face."

At that moment I realized I really wasn't joking. I could literally feel my blood pressure rising with the combination of my screaming baby and my sucking Bills. I made a promise to myself at that moment, that if the Bills lost to the Browns, and especially if they lost in typically heartbreaking fashion, I would do something to relieve the stress that the Bills add to my life.

So, starting this weekend, I am going to record the Bills games, and only watch the games if we win. If somehow we make it to the playoffs, I will return to live-action viewing.

Part of me feels lame, like I've leapt from the bandwagon to the land of fair weather, wondering if I'm a traitor. But the rest of me feels relieved, and I'm looking forward to the first Sunday of a regular season in which I won't plan my life around the Bills game. Because, hey... life is frustrating enough as it is. My entertainment shouldn't be stressful too.

Here's hoping, wistfully, that I will join you all in watching us in the first round of the playoffs. Go Bills!

:lol:

As I watched the Monday Night Debacle 2.0, I held in my arms my new son, just three weeks old. As 3-week olds are prone to doing, my son spent most of the game screaming in frantic misery. My wife woke up from her much-needed nap and asked how everything was going. Without really thinking, I said, "I just realized that the only thing worse than watching my team get their a$$es handed to them for the millionth time, is watching them get their a$$es handed to them with a screaming human 12 inches from my face."

At that moment I realized I really wasn't joking. I could literally feel my blood pressure rising with the combination of my screaming baby and my sucking Bills. I made a promise to myself at that moment, that if the Bills lost to the Browns, and especially if they lost in typically heartbreaking fashion, I would do something to relieve the stress that the Bills add to my life.

So, starting this weekend, I am going to record the Bills games, and only watch the games if we win. If somehow we make it to the playoffs, I will return to live-action viewing.

Part of me feels lame, like I've leapt from the bandwagon to the land of fair weather, wondering if I'm a traitor. But the rest of me feels relieved, and I'm looking forward to the first Sunday of a regular season in which I won't plan my life around the Bills game. Because, hey... life is frustrating enough as it is. My entertainment shouldn't be stressful too.

Here's hoping, wistfully, that I will join you all in watching us in the first round of the playoffs. Go Bills!

Hey man, I'm not going to judge you for this one. Sanity comes before sports.

I hate to say that your reasons for watching are out of balance or even off balance.

I think you should just stop watching it altogether.

It's just a game. It's not live and death. Perhaps your new son will help you develop a better perspective on all of this. The first time you need to take your son to the doctor, for even the most trivial of reasons, you'll likely recognize how insignificant the Bills are compared to him, and have a better chance of enjoying any Bills game stress-free regardless of the circumstances/outcome.

Congrats on the new baby.

It's probably the lack of sleep that's making you think this way, but if you're going to be only watching games you know the outcome of, there's a good chance you aren't going to have much interest in watching even the fast forwarded version. Not knowing how it turns out is what makes it entertaining. Even if all you know is that the Bills win, it still ends up a "what's the point of even bothering" excercise. (And this coming from someone who has over 90% of the Bills games since 1990 on tape / dvr (even more if you don't count Greggggggg's 1st season w/ no tapes). It's kind of cool watching them beat the Raiders in '90 (either game), it's not quite the same watching them beat this year's Raiders 20 minutes after the game ends.)

I'm going to respond like most of the woodchuck idiots do on this board to a thread like this:

"Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya" - "friggin fairweather fans" - "when the Bills win the super bowl you'll be back on the bandwagon" blah blah blah blah blah, bunch of retards.

Seriously though, I don't blame you for making this decision. Watching a poor performance by the Bills is nothing but an angering, confusing and lousy time , I can't even imaging having to do it with divided attention. You'll gain about 3 hours a week now just so long as the human sized penis Jauron is at the helm.

Believe it or not I can relate to what you're saying. It's just one more log on the stress fire. Who needs that? Last season I just totally gave up watching the games all together. It felt liberating to not have to stress myself out over something completely out of my control. I guess I'll have to start going back to that this season.

I hear ya. I had my little guy 4yrs ago & it does add perspective in your life. I really now only get upset about losses like Monday night. I am tired of feeling this way though. I know it is only a game but I have been depressed all week. Plus, we deep fried a turkey on monday night. To make a long story short I wanted dump the greese out @ the Ralph in a bag. This security guard who was in the parking lot sees me trying to do this & says if I do this & throw it in the bills dumpster I am getting arrested. I dont know what for but he seem serious. So of course I put it in the truck & took it home. Well, being the fact that I had too much to drink monday when I got home I accidently spilled the grease all over my driveway. I am going to try to scrub the stains off this week but I dont even know what I can do. My wife is so mad at me she has not talked to me all week. Some times I ask myself is it even worth it. I have had it with this team.

You guys are taking this game way to seriously. It's for entertainment purposes only, if the product sucks turn it off and do something else more enjoyable. If the product is doing good and entertaining, and making you feel good then keep watching. The past few weeks I have been turning the product off and going outside and doing other more enjoyable stuff. Like watching tall ships sail, walking in the park, looking at new houses for architectural ideas, hiking, you get the idea, there are a ton of better things to do than getting frustrated and watching a crap product.

You guys are taking this game way to seriously. It's for entertainment purposes only, if the product sucks turn it off and do something else more enjoyable. If the product is doing good and entertaining, and making you feel good then keep watching. The past few weeks I have been turning the product off and going outside and doing other more enjoyable stuff. Like watching tall ships sail, walking in the park, looking at new houses for architectural ideas, hiking, you get the idea, there are a ton of better things to do than getting frustrated and watching a crap product.

Easy for you to say, you live in San Diego where the weather is not 28 degrees right now.

Lower your expectations until a new head coach is hired and you'll be fine.

Well, being the fact that I had too much to drink monday when I got home I accidently spilled the grease all over my driveway. I am going to try to scrub the stains off this week but I dont even know what I can do.

Get a stiff-bristle floor push broom.

And P&G's DAWN brand dish liquid. Its' formulation makes it the product of choice - it's used all over by road spill cleanup outfits.

I'm not touting the product because Cincy is P&Gs' headquarters - it really is a superior formulation.

Good luck and scrub hard.

Good for you if you can do that, but I think for a lot of people here the Bills have transcended just being entertainment. I know that's all it should be, but it's hard to not care so much.

There is a terminal case of battered wife syndrome amongst Bills fans.

Lower your expectations until a new head coach is hired and you'll be fine.

:thumbsup:

I expect a loss every week now. The entertainment is the anticipation of finding out which new and exciting blunder will lead to their loss. I don't scream or throw things at the TV anymore. I chuckle, sometimes laugh out loud, and if they manage to somehow win I celebrate by opening another beer. I'll start putting the effort in when they do.

Bottom line is;

The Monday night game was NOT important

The Bills win loss record is NOT important

If the Bills move or not is NOT important

If the Bills ever make it to the playoffs again is NOT important

That little bundle of soiled diaper red faced screaming future Bills fan 12 inches from your face IS important

Root for the Bills all you want ....... watch the games any way you are comfortable with ..... but for right now you owe your heart and soul to the "little guy"

:unsure:

Bro' try some gas relief medicine, anything except Mylicon for the possibility of metal shavings. Also, if it continues, see about getting the littleman's formula changed. If that doesn't work, Zantac in the liquid form will be in order. Hope all works out. With the Bills game taping and the littleman :unsure: