20 years ago today: 11/20/88

Like A Mofo

Wasn't there, remember watching the game on TV, and have the DVD somewhere in the house...

After Smerlas blocked the potential winning FG, Kelly threw a bomb to Reed, that would have won the game, and the ball went right past his fingertips. I remember Bob Trumpy, who did the color with Don Criqui announcing, yelling "REED!!!" I thought I was going to crap my pants...on second thought I probably did.

Seems more than 20 years ago...seems like a lifetime ago. :ph34r:

I remember listening to it on the radio, me and some of my friends were camping/hunting/doing some underage-drinking at my uncle's cabin in Catt Co. It was actually pretty cool in retrospect to be listening to it on the radio with a few of my friends from my HS days.

As I remember my older cousin was at the game and he had some small hand in taking the posts down.

Buffalo Bills 9

NY Jets 6

The Buffalo Bills improved to 11-1 and clinch the AFC East title and the goalposts come down! :ph34r:

Still give me chills, cannot believe that game was 20 years ago!!

Were any of you there??

What do you remember from that game?

I was there . . . I can even find myself in the Fandemonium poster.

I was at that game I got the ticket through some dorm organization at UB, I don't think I ever even joined the organization, but I told them I did. I think it cost like $10 or $12 for the ticket and a free bus ride - what a deal!

My roommate was down on the field tearing down the posts. I was too wet to care. I remember Andre Reed dropping a pass through his fingertips in the endzone late in the game or in OT (can't remember which). I also remember the fans carrying the goalposts around in the parking lot afterwords.

I was there...my friend's lame-ass parents (who had driven us to the game) made us leave with 5:00 left in the 4th.

:ph34r:

WHAT!?!?! F-THAT! I woulda found a ride home afterwards!

As for me...I was in day 3 of basic training for the USAF!! I got to call home and got the news from a pay phone outside of the BX on base!!! I was jealous as hell to not have seen it, but happier than I was jealous, lol!

Damn, those were THE days!

I was at that game too. I remember how gray and dreary it was that day. I remember having a tear in my eye when that kick went through and we were Division Champions.

When I went home and watched the tape I recorded, I remember seeing some Jet player who had been run out of bounds and starting to fall down he reached out and grabbed something to break his fall. What he grabbed was the pants of Coach Chuck Dickerson and pulled them down to his ankles as the player fell. I wish I still had that tape because I never heard that mentioned by anyone, am I the only one who saw what I saw?

I was at that game too. I remember how gray and dreary it was that day. I remember having a tear in my eye when that kick went through and we were Division Champions.

When I went home and watched the tape I recorded, I remember seeing some Jet player who had been run out of bounds and starting to fall down he reached out and grabbed something to break his fall. What he grabbed was the pants of Coach Chuck Dickerson and pulled them down to his ankles as the player fell. I wish I still had that tape because I never heard that mentioned by anyone, am I the only one who saw what I saw?

Yes, that happened, but I think it's Jim Ringo...some punk kid assistant with the Bills starts chewing out the Jets player, LOL.

Yes, that happened, but I think it's Jim Ringo...some punk kid assistant with the Bills starts chewing out the Jets player, LOL.

Was it Ringo? Thanks. I wonder why that never ended up on a blooper reel. I laughed like crazy and replayed it several times.

I get a program for every game. The program from that game is one of the few that isn't in pristine condition. Not only did the program get soaked, but I dropped it in the mud and I had to wash it when I got home. The program's pages are rippled, the cover is (barely) held together with tape and some of the ink is off the pages. After that game I would try to get the program before the game & leave it in my car. This year is the 1st I can't go to the Bills Store at the Ralph & get my programs before entering the stadium. I now have to keep the programs in the seat cushion. I did get one program before going into the stadium-at Foxborough, where they still sell the full sized program for $5.

I was at the game. Section C-6 row 34 (our season tickets then). Rainy and cold. Smerlas blocks the Jets kick with a few seconds left in regulation. I didn't go down on the field, but one of the uprights came through our section before being taken out of the stadium. We all ran over to touch it and scream, even my mother who was 62 at the time.

I was 13, there with my Dad. When we won the game, I asked him if we could go down on the field. He didn't want to do it, but I talked him into letting us stand away from the huge mass of people. I really enjoyed 1988 more than any other season I have ever seen. No expectations...just enjoy the ride!!