From Jerry Sullivan Live Chat

DaGimp

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it very interesting that Allen Wilson made a point to distance himself from Sully's opinions in his chat. Sounds like Wilson may not have the highest regard for Sully's football acumen either.

Unless I missed something, Wilson distanced himself from Sullivan when Trent Edwards name came up. He was making it clear Sully and him did not necessarily share the same opinion on how good Edwards is/will be.

If I'm reading correctly between the lines, Jauron is gone. Usually, when there are private rumblings that Ralph Wilson wasn't happy about a particular player/coach, the days are numbered.

Even Wilson said (to paraphrase) "do not think this free fall is sitting well with the owner".

Essentially, they are both saying the same thing.

Jauron is on the hot seat, and it is getting hotter by the week.

Running the ball straight into the line like the Bills did on their final drive Monday night is Martyball.

Martyball sucks! Martyball bad. No thank you to Martyball.

I wonder what Marty Schottemhiemer is doing these days? Losing a playoff game doesn't sound so bad 10 years since our last.

Marty's Career record:

200-126-1 (Regular Season) (.613)

5-13 (Postseason) (.278)

205-139-1 (Overall) (.594)

Jauron:

55-72 regular season (.433)

0-1 playoffs (.000)

55-73 overall (.430)

I'd take Marty every day of the week with no hesitation.

Marty's Career record:

200-126-1 (Regular Season) (.613)

5-13 (Postseason) (.278)

205-139-1 (Overall) (.594)

Jauron:

55-72 regular season (.433)

0-1 playoffs (.000)

55-73 overall (.430)

I'd take Marty every day of the week with no hesitation.

Hmmmm............hamburger or grilled cheese sandwich?

I'll have the filet mignon.

+1

I Love the Squirrel avatar. DJ = Squirrel.

The problem with a lot of people on this board is that they really love Edwards and would hate to see him fail, regardless what it means to the team. Those same people didn't have the same passion for Losman which has created a mini-divide amongst some fans.

What has really been missed is the True lack of direction from the owner on down. The team is soft! Soft at just about every position except RB. This team has been exposed from the QB position to Safety. TE may be a decent QB with a quality team but the Bills aren't there. This team, kool-aid drinkers aside, is a good 2 years away from being a contender.

Seriously, if the Buffalo Bills were going to be any sort of contender for a playoff position, this would have been the year. The glaring weaknesses on the coaching staff aside, this team is lacking depth and SERIOUS playmakers on both sides of the ball.

NOTE: For all you TE enthusiaists out there, he is not a playmaker. (See Montana, Young, Elway, Favre, Kelly, Hostetler or even Warner).

The only way this team steps to the next level is getting a new coaching staff. If that means a new QB to take the team beyond mediocrity, so be it. As a fan, I don't care what needs to be done, it's time to start winning again. Empty losses in a .500 season don't mean crap. It's time to turn things around and shoot for 16-0, 14-2 or even 12-4. The days of being satisfied with a 10-6 record are over. Not that we have seen 10-6, but the point is there. We need to win again! Win with authority and be a contender, not a pretender.

Ralphie will never spring for the filet mignon.

Ralph might pay for one trip to Salvatore's Italian Gardens, without the hotel.

Seriously, the Bills are required by the NFL to spend a certain amount on players. It's usually about 85-90% of the cap. There's nothing that says they have to spend a minimum on coaches.

Now more than ever the NFL is a coaching league, and unlike baseball, coaches can mean a win or loss in a majority of games. We've seen how bad decisions influence the final outcome. Things like wasted timeouts, exceesive losses in challenges, gameplans which do not adapt to opponents, and on and on.

A well paid coach doesn't guarantee success, but if you can't attract the best talent in coaching, it means you'd better have supreme talent on the field to make up for it.

Okay, if there are any real rumblings from the owner and DJ really is on the hot seat, I would expect Bobby April to take over (maybe this season? I would hope).

I would think RW would be upset. He hasn't had HIS team in the playoff in 9 years. He made changes to right the ship but every one of them has failed, he even went to his old friend and said look we need better, help me out. He must see by now that that really didn't right the ship either. The guy we have is like the coaching equivalent of JP now. He does the same kinds of things, he see the other team doing successful things and is like a deer in the headlights. He cannot adjust, so he makes mistakes.

Bobby wasn't a Marv or DJ hire. So at least in RWs eyes he isn't tainted by the bad decisions they have made.

I doubt RW is much of a fan of Marty ball either. I know he won't go the Cowher route. I think he is sold on the no GM model. He loves to hire from within. He probably has faith in some of his personnel, I am sure he can see he is paying for talent and not getting it. He has been around long enough to see a bad gameplan and its implementation. I think he must be the most upset fan there is, he wants a Superbowl and the legacy that comes with it. I think he must see that the Bills do have a decent nucleus and he won't want that torn to shreds.

With Bobby I think he understands that: the Bills would try some surprising schemes and play to win. Have a coach who does get fired up. Have a coach that motivates his players. Not have to rebuild the entire team. Bobby has been very successful on bad teams with bad players and he has been kept because of his talent.

IMO the Bills results in the next 2 games are the final exam for DJ one more loss and if DJ mucks it up again, well maybe we can and will see some Bobby ball. RW wants to sell tickets, plus he is old. He wants to have the team have good value if it is sold. I think he might try something else, DJ hasn't produced and this IS year three. We all see the mistakes this team makes, you got to lay 50% blame on DJ for them. He is the boss that is where the buck stops.

BTW anybody know if Jaurons contract is for real? I never saw a real answer to that question. I would think it would have a bearing on what happens,

Also just so this isn't off topic, Sullivan is well, like a critic. That is his job. I think sometimes he tries to get people fired up because that helps sell papers. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I think, what a dildo.

Why would he be? Marty wins football games. I also would imagine that Marty could almost instantly assemble a competent staff.

Who needs that kind of nonsense when you have a proven, long term loser like Jauron?

Saw marty on an ESPN special recently. Sounds like he's done coaching. Really enjoying retirement.

Why would he be? Marty wins football games. I also would imagine that Marty could almost instantly assemble a competent staff.

Who needs that kind of nonsense when you have a proven, long term loser like Jauron?

Marty does win regular season games in a boring conservative run run pass way, which can be powerful with the right personnel but can't win in big games. I want the Bills to get to a Superbowl and WIN. I think our owner feels the same. I would be surprised, to learn differently. I think he would be an upgrade no doubt, honestly (but also doubt he's going to unretire for the Bills anyway). I just doubt that is where the Bills are headed.

BTW, I gave up on Jauron after this years first loss (when it became pretty obvious to me that we had the same guy from last year running the show and he hadn't learned and turned the page), so we feel the same.

I was just talking about what I think might happen, now or soon with RWs history.

I also kind of think Bobby would be a good coach. Who knows?