If JP got in the game & lead us to the SB...

SKOOBY

OK, cool.

Did you actually think this thread would bring about good debate? Come on man. What are you six? Who starts a thread about our reaction to the scenario that our back-up quarterback takes the helm, wins at least 5 of 6 remaining games, gets into the playoffs in the wildcard position, and regardless of contract status and lingering tension is able to attain something that Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, and many other much better quarterbacks could not?

Did you actually think this thread would bring about good debate? Come on man. What are you six? Who starts a thread about our reaction to the scenario that our back-up quarterback takes the helm, wins at least 5 of 6 remaining games, gets into the playoffs in the wildcard position, and regardless of contract status and lingering tension is able to attain something that Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, and many other much better quarterbacks could not?

Uhhhh, see Tom Brady and Kurt Warner (and could even add Matt Cassel to this if he keeps improving and they make a run)

Uhhhh, see Tom Brady and Kurt Warner (and could even add Matt Cassel to this if he keeps improving and they make a run)

That's why I brought this up, it's happened a few times and can really change the landscape. It isn't like Trent has lit up the world the past month, if anything he's been aweful.

I am one of the few who still have hope for this team. That hope, however is much different than wishful disillusionment.

Please refrain from saying, "Uhhhh," like I missed something obvious. You don't get to say Uhhh, when you're comparing the likelihood of our superbowl victory to two other instances in recent memory, which I'll have you know did not begin at 5-5.

It's really disgusting that you tried to find evidence to support skooby's next ridiculous statement and likewise useless thread.

Don't bother responding, I'm not going to read anymore ignorant banter from this thread.

Last time I looked it takes two to sign a contract. Do you honestly think JP would ever sig nan extension with the Bill's. I think JP has been very good about being a "good team player" not complaining, etc. But I don't think under any circumstances he'd ever re-sign with Buffalo. The only way I'd see it happen is if no other teams made him an offer and the Bill's made a decnet offer for him as a number two. However, if he played the rest of the seaso nwell enough to lead the team to the playoffs, then he likely would get other offers from teams, so he's gone then. The only chance he'd likely have of not getting any offers is if he doesn't play anymore and the last impression he gave teams was from the Ar. game.

That's one reason why I argue it would make no sense to play JP as in no way would it benefit the Bills' beyond possibly giving them some wins this season, and that's assuming he played better than TE. If he doesn't play better, than TE just lost playing time. If he does play better he signs with someone else. I don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning could take this team to the Super Bowl, so if you're going to maybe at best win a wild card and lose in first round, is that much better than to make playoffs and get better drasft picks.

Would we have to extend him??

I am one of the few who still have hope for this team. That hope, however is much different than wishful disillusionment.

Please refrain from saying, "Uhhhh," like I missed something obvious. You don't get to say Uhhh, when you're comparing the likelihood of our superbowl victory to two other instances in recent memory, which I'll have you know did not begin at 5-5.

It's really disgusting that you tried to find evidence to support skooby's next ridiculous statement and likewise useless thread.

Don't bother responding, I'm not going to read anymore ignorant banter from this thread.

You haunt all my threads by complaining in them & telling me how bad they are. Typical I-stalker that needs to stop the pattern, so thanks in advance for your consideration.

You haunt all my threads by complaining in them & telling me how bad they are. Typical I-stalker that needs to stop the pattern, so thanks in advance for your consideration.

No. I keep dissenting your threads with the hope that you will soon stop. Unfortunately you wont. Call it what you will, but until you call yourself out for being annoying, and often ignorant, silly, and childish I will continually remind you each time you start a new thread that it was a poor idea.

No. I keep dissenting your threads with the hope that you will soon stop. Unfortunately you wont. Call it what you will, but until you call yourself out for being annoying, and often ignorant, silly, and childish I will continually remind you each time you start a new thread that it was a poor idea.

tsk tsk tsk

Last time I looked it takes two to sign a contract. Do you honestly think JP would ever sig nan extension with the Bill's. I think JP has been very good about being a "good team player" not complaining, etc. But I don't think under any circumstances he'd ever re-sign with Buffalo. The only way I'd see it happen is if no other teams made him an offer and the Bill's made a decnet offer for him as a number two. However, if he played the rest of the seaso nwell enough to lead the team to the playoffs, then he likely would get other offers from teams, so he's gone then. The only chance he'd likely have of not getting any offers is if he doesn't play anymore and the last impression he gave teams was from the Ar. game.

That's one reason why I argue it would make no sense to play JP as in no way would it benefit the Bills' beyond possibly giving them some wins this season, and that's assuming he played better than TE. If he doesn't play better, than TE just lost playing time. If he does play better he signs with someone else. I don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning could take this team to the Super Bowl, so if you're going to maybe at best win a wild card and lose in first round, is that much better than to make playoffs and get better drasft picks.

It's a moot point because the Bills certainly won't be offereing him a contract unless he wants to work as a janitor or something.

My prediction is no NFL team will.