The thought of Losman as the QB NOW....

As grotesque as our line play has been this year, those of you calling for Losman as the starter need your collective heads examined! I honestly believe our line has regressed over the last few seasons. Even when they were half-way decent, Losman had happy feet and was running around throwing picks or fumbling. Today, he'd be sh&ttin his drawers!

Personally, I don't think we can draw conclusions on Edwards after just 18 games. Especially with the o-line being as bad as it is. If you stuck Edwards behind the Pats o-line, I bet he'd look like, well, Brady. J. P. Losman is not, I repeat, NOT a starting NFL quarterback. STOP IT! :devil:

As grotesque as our line play has been this year, those of you calling for Losman as the starter need your collective heads examined! I honestly believe our line has regressed over the last few seasons. Even when they were half-way decent, Losman had happy feet and was running around throwing picks or fumbling. Today, he'd be sh&ttin his drawers!

Personally, I don't think we can draw conclusions on Edwards after just 18 games. Especially with the o-line being as bad as it is. If you stuck Edwards behind the Pats o-line, I bet he'd look like, well, Brady. J. P. Losman is not, I repeat, NOT a starting NFL quarterback. STOP IT! :devil:

This public service announcement has been brought to you by THEDuganWolcott Foundation for a Better Tomorrow.

ok, sorry - apologies all around - and i speak for the whole board, past, present and future..........

first of all I am not saying put Losman in over Trent...Personally I'd rather see Trent in there...But to keep blaming the O-line for everything is assanine...Yes this O-line sucks, but it's not the O-line that throws the Int's...I saw at least 2 Int's Trent threw the past few games that were bad decisions by Trent...The Int in the Jets game in the end zone reminded me a lot of the Int Trent threw in the Dallas game last season...Dont get me wrong, Trent is going to have Int's and to think he wont is just dreaming...The fumbles are a mix of Trent and the O-line...The line has to protect his blind side better and Trent needs to secure the ball better on his sacks...The fumble in the Jets game could have been avoided if Trent had rolled out to the left where all his receivers were lined up and, of-course, if the line had blocked better...Honestly I think Losman would have had a worse season for us...He did have a good game in Arizona even tho Bills lost...My problem with Losman is he seems to inconsistent...He has good games and then really bad games...He looks to jittery and confused for my likeing...And I honestly don't think he reads the defenses well enough...so basically I'm agreeing with you except on the total blaming of the O-line...The Bills need a new OC and RG and the LT and LG need to start playing up to their abilities...I actually feel that with a better OC we'll see Dockerey get better...I can see how it might be harder to do your job when you allways have to try to do yours and the next guys job.

JP has proven he can't do better. Trent hasn't.

Stick with Trent. In my book, despite the bad line, he gets a pass through 2009. He's shown enough good flashes that I can't blame him for lack of line, running game, no TE, and no legit #2 WR.

I'll blame him for all those things at the end of next year.

JP has proven he can't do better. Trent hasn't.

Stick with Trent. In my book, despite the bad line, he gets a pass through 2009. He's shown enough good flashes that I can't blame him for lack of line, running game, no TE, and no legit #2 WR.

I'll blame him for all those things at the end of next year.

Agree 100%. Losman is just lousy! You can't win with that guy.

As grotesque as our line play has been this year, those of you calling for Losman as the starter need your collective heads examined! I honestly believe our line has regressed over the last few seasons. Even when they were half-way decent, Losman had happy feet and was running around throwing picks or fumbling.

The only time the line has been "half way decent" in recent years was last year. Which seasons were these mythical "half way decent" lines that you speak of?

That being said anybody calling for Losman at this point needs their heads checked. You can't complain about JP getting jerked around during his career and then propose that the team does the same thing to Edwards. Sink or swim Edwards needs to be given a few seasons to see what he's got.

I heard Francesca on the radio last week say something to the effect of, "you don't know how good a QB will be until he struggles. Every QB will eventually struggle and the good ones fight their way through it and emerge on the other side better for it. The bad ones sink and eventually get replaced." We'll see what kind of QB Edwards turns out to be - I have a feeling he'll be okay.

Like I've stated in other threads about JP starting...ok sure!

Since this OC is hell bent on throwing the ball 80% of the time and in the most stupid of situations,like 3rd down and one yard he calls shotgun THREE times against the pats. All three went incomplete.The one time he called a run one 3rd and one it went for a first down.

Might as well put JP in there and let the OC kill him with his bizarre play calling,better JP then Trent getting hammered and shell shocked since he is leaving after this season. :devil:

The only time the line has been "half way decent" in recent years was last year. Which seasons were these mythical "half way decent" lines that you speak of?

That being said anybody calling for Losman at this point needs their heads checked. You can't complain about JP getting jerked around during his career and then propose that the team does the same thing to Edwards. Sink or swim Edwards needs to be given a few seasons to see what he's got.

I heard Francesca on the radio last week say something to the effect of, "you don't know how good a QB will be until he struggles. Every QB will eventually struggle and the good ones fight their way through it and emerge on the other side better for it. The bad ones sink and eventually get replaced." We'll see what kind of QB Edwards turns out to be - I have a feeling he'll be okay.

I agree with you,We should stick with Edwards and let him work through his problems.Its funny that after 24 starts people were ready to let Losman go after having a decent season in 2006 with worst talent than we have now.Than he has two bad games witch I think the whole team sucked againts two good teams and gets hurt and looses his job.Edwards has three bad games in a row and does alot of the same things that people complain about Losman.And its because of bad line play .no running game.Lack of recievers and poor play calling.I just want to know ,if Edwards put up the same numbers as Losman had in 2006 and we don"t make the the playoffs .Would you consider he had a good year?He will have the same amount of starts as Losman had after 2006.Losman started 8 games the year before.

Personally, I don't think we can draw conclusions on Edwards after just 18 games. Especially with the o-line being as bad as it is. If you stuck Edwards behind the Pats o-line, I bet he'd look like, well, Brady. J. P. Losman is not, I repeat, NOT a starting NFL quarterback. STOP IT! :rolleyes:

Thank goodness your here to set us all straight

Its a message board we are supposed to argue and debate and question decisions of the coaches and players. If you dont agree or dont like it dont read it

Personally, I don't think we can draw conclusions on Edwards after just 18 games. Especially with the o-line being as bad as it is. If you stuck Edwards behind the Pats o-line, I bet he'd look like, well, Brady. J. P. Losman is not, I repeat, NOT a starting NFL quarterback. STOP IT! :rolleyes:

Rest assured, the coaches will only play JP if TE is hurt.

TE should finish the season, or else they are just screwing him like they screwed JP.

Tellin it like it is... OL/WR/RB/QB/TE... none of them are playing close to their potential... either individually or collectively. Truth is, this is very poorly coached team from the HC on down. Turk is not an OC... or even a good QB coach. No one can name me a QB that he's tutored that is a star, because none exist. Same with Fewell. He's not even as good as Jerry Gray... and Gray was a scrub, but at least he had fire. Fewell is merely a career DB position coach. And, Jauron is a "B" level defensive coordinator.

Neither JP or TE have ever had an opportunity to play within a well coached, immaginative offense. No Norv turner, No Mike Martz, No Moore, no Gruden, no Henning, no Weiss, No Cameron, no Peyton. So, we really don't know he good either of them is or can be. Bills just keep on getting B grade coaches and the team performs at that level. B grade coaches are B grade coaches because they can't make the "A" list. They want their team and players to perform better, but they can't because B grade coaches don't get better... if they did they'd be "A" listers. If a "B" grade coach can't make it to the "A" list in a couple of years, in the vast majority of cases they are going to remain at "B" grade.