Head Coach Candidates

Peace Frog

Bills new head coach.  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Dick as HC?

• Bill Cowher
    • Soneone else (explain below)

Listen, I love my Bills just as much as you do. But I'm also coherent enough to see that DJ is doing a lousy job. If it wasn't for some of the draft picks that Marv Levy was responsible for while he was GM, this team would be in even worse shape.

Dick has got to go.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who, but my qualifications are low.

1) Show signs that you are conscious of your surroundings on the sideline during a game.

2) Actually raise your voice and act upset to your staff and players when things are not going well on the field.

Other than that, I'm completely open.

Listen, I love my Bills just as much as you do. But I'm also coherent enough to see that DJ is doing a lousy job. If it wasn't for some of the draft picks that Marv Levy was responsible for while he was GM, this team would be in even worse shape.

Dick has got to go.

Kirk Ferentz- From Belechick staff at Cleveland (Nick Saban also on the staff)- He's been successful at Iowa- He was a Hot coaching prospect 3 years ago but received an extension at Iowa

I don't know who, but my qualifications are low.

1) Show signs that you are conscious of your surroundings on the sideline during a game.

2) Actually raise your voice and act upset to your staff and players when things are not going well on the field.

Other than that, I'm completely open.

3) Ability to know when to throw the f#cking challenge flag.....

4) To exhibit more life than a rock and to motivate your players.

LES MILES. I have made about 20 posts this week about this guy. He was won Nat'l Championship from the SEC, and done it without all-star players at skill positions. He does it by dominating the line of scrimmage and being one BAMF. If you want some heart, swagger, and steel nuts, look no further. Former O-lineman too...

http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/les+miles_060707.jpg

Too bad Ralphy is too cheap to hire a competant coach...

With the 3 year contract in hand, Jauron is here to stay this year and next at the very minimum, and next year would have to be a disaster(6-10 or worse) for RW to fire him.

Bringing up Bill Cowher's name as a potential candidate to replace Jauron is riciulous. Anyone who has followed Bills football for as little as 10 minutes would know that Ralph will never pay the big bucks for a HC. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN...NEVER!

The only "big name" who ever came to Buffalo was Chuck Knox and he had nowhere near the resume that Cowher has. The one great coach he had in the 60's he couldn't get along with(Saban) and eventually got rid of him. The rest of the HC's RW has hired were bargain basement...

Collier

Johnson

Ringo

Stephenson

Bullough

Levy(he was a CFL has-been when hired by the Bills)

Williams

Mularkey

Jauron

Cowher as HC of the Bills... :devil::w00t: :w00t: :thumbsup:

Marvin Lewis should be available soon. If I remember correctly, a lot of you wished we'd gotten him a couple of coaches ago.

The question I've always pondered is how much can be attributed to the

A) Coach

B) Players

C) Adminstration....Owner, GM. Scouting, etc

We've seen highly regarded coaches have years with bad records. Superbowl winners like Shula, Gruden, Cowhart, Parcells, Coughlin, Belichick, Ditka, Dungy and others have all had bad years. Usually the failure is attributed to the quality and talent of the players.

Then there've been coaches like Seifert, Switzer, Bill Callahan who have inherited decent teams, and been briefly successful.

I think it all starts with the front office and getting players that fit a particular system, are talented, have a winning mentality, and have good chemistry with each other.

No matter how good the coach is, the team will fail if his players can't execute as it's drawn up on the chalkboard.

I'm not making excuses for Jauron, but I question whether any of the current coaches who are having success could do any better with the talent on this team. Maybe they could. Why does the defensive scheme continue allowing a huge cushion between the receivers and DBs? Is it because they know our DL can't pressure a QB and they are afaid of giving up the big play if they play more man coverage? I don't have the answer.

My feeling is that the coaching may be somewhat suspect, but in reality we simply don't have the talent. When the punter is arguably the biggest star on the team, that should tell the story.

Name a team that has any level of continuing success with a roster full of middle of the road players. The drafting and draft trades have been horrible thoughout the decade (and even before if you include the RJ trade). What do we have to show for all our first round draft picks?

We just don't have the personnel to compete at the top level, no matter who the coach is.

Before the season, if they did bad, I was thinking Bobby April or Bill. So I voted Bill because he is proven, I think Ralph would vote Bobby, I do think we need a new coach as much as I hate to think it. If they end up worse than 7-9 this year I could see us getting one too. Even if Ralph is cheap. BA might be good in that it wouldn't be a completely new system.

And I would think and he would not need the biggest bucks. I say fire Dick now and make him interm, see if that lights some fires under some butts. 5/5 if I was 90 years old would not be acceptable The problem seems to be most obviuosly the HC on this team.

Excellent question. The new head coach for this team is Steve Spagnuolo, Defensive Coordinator for the New Your Giants...

http://www.giants.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=10

Coached a bunch of years under Jimmy Johnson the DC in Philly (who's a defensive genius), then went onto unbelievable success with the Giants. We all know how good the Giants defenses have been under his coaching. Did anyone happen to watch last years Superbowl? This coach is exactly what the Buffalo Bills need! New blood, a guy who has the resume to get our defense back on track and into the opposing quaterbacks faces. Let him hire whoever he wants to overhaul the offense (yet again!). Steve Spagnuolo...live it, learn it, chant it.

With the 3 year contract in hand, Jauron is here to stay this year and next at the very minimum, and next year would have to be a disaster(6-10 or worse) for RW to fire him.

Bringing up Bill Cowher's name as a potential candidate to replace Jauron is riciulous. Anyone who has followed Bills football for as little as 10 minutes would know that Ralph will never pay the big bucks for a HC. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN...NEVER!

The only "big name" who ever came to Buffalo was Chuck Knox and he had nowhere near the resume that Cowher has. The one great coach he had in the 60's he couldn't get along with(Saban) and eventually got rid of him. The rest of the HC's RW has hired were bargain basement...

Collier

Johnson

Ringo

Stephenson

Bullough

Levy(he was a CFL has-been when hired by the Bills)

Phillips

Williams

Mularkey

Jauron

Cowher as HC of the Bills... :devil::w00t: :w00t: :thumbsup:

fixed..lol

Excellent question. The new head coach for this team is Steve Spagnuolo, Defensive Coordinator for the New Your Giants...

http://www.giants.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=10

Coached a bunch of years under Jimmy Johnson the DC in Philly (who's a defensive genius), then went onto unbelievable success with the Giants. We all know how good the Giants defenses have been under his coaching. Did anyone happen to watch last years Superbowl? This coach is exactly what the Buffalo Bills need! New blood, a guy who has the resume to get our defense back on track and into the opposing quaterbacks faces. Let him hire whoever he wants to overhaul the offense (yet again!). Steve Spagnuolo...live it, learn it, chant it.

This guy will probably be the highest paid head coach somewhere next year and most definitely not here