Bill from NYC won't like this--anonymous scout quote from PFW

dave mcbride

“After (Bills C Melvin) Fowler saw (Chargers NT) Jamal Williams putting (Patriots C Dan) Koppen five yards deep in the backfield, he did not want to play against San Diego. He wimped out. Fowler can’t anchor, which is a problem in that division. It looks like it’s going to be (Duke) Preston at center the rest of the way (for the Bills).”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...udibles2318.htm

“After (Bills C Melvin) Fowler saw (Chargers NT) Jamal Williams putting (Patriots C Dan) Koppen five yards deep in the backfield, he did not want to play against San Diego. He wimped out. Fowler can’t anchor, which is a problem in that division. It looks like it’s going to be (Duke) Preston at center the rest of the way (for the Bills).”

I think you overestimate Bill's feelings for Fowler. He hates them both. Between Fowler and Preston, I'm of the mindset: Who gives a !@#$? They both blow.

Things are bad when I'm hoping Butler's return helps!

I think you overestimate Bill's feelings for Fowler. He hates them both. Between Fowler and Preston, I'm of the mindset: Who gives a !@#$? They both blow.

Things are bad when I'm hoping Butler's return helps!

I know he hates him. I'm thinking that this added fuel may make his head explode.

That is seriously disturbing. Guy's been a starting center for several years, and been around the league for awhile. That is disheartening to hear. Yes he doesn't anchor well, and he's not a good inline run blocker. You would think, a pro athlete would have some damn pride in his job. Disgusting

The thing is, we don't know this to be true (the part about wimping out). That said, if it IS true, he should be cut today, and I mean right this second. They could replace him with a street free agent, so it isn't as if he would be missed.

Ralph makes lots of weird decisions, but I gotta believe that he would be smart and tough enough to throw him off the team if the choices are pocketing the money of a wimp scumbag, or paying him to punk out. Isn't this loser one of the highest paid players on the team?

Anyone who has watched Bills games for the past year and a half could have told you this...The Bills run game is completely neutralized by the C and RG getting blown up on half of the run plays, which results in the opposing teams DL in our backfield before Lynch even gets the ball. Out of 12 Lynch runs yesterday on tape, he had to dodge defenders in the backfield 5 times. Another time he ran and there were no Bills blockers out there and 4 untouched Patriot players waiting for him at the LOS. Even when the Bills do get some decent blocking, the best thing that happens is the other team goes back a few yards, but then fills the holes and stops Lynch after 3 or 4 yards. Another time Preston actually blocked a DL into the hole instead of away from it, because he was beaten pretty badly. Basically Fowler/Preston and the RG(Chambers) are getting beaten so badly it gives our run game absolutely no chance of even succeeding. Throw in Peters getting beaten badly on a quick inside move by Seymour which ended up with him in the backfield(luckily he missed the tackle and Lynch ran thru where Peters and Seymour should have been for 8), and you can see just how bad our run blocking is---mainly on the interior of the OL. Dockery and Walker were the only players yesterday to do an OK job of run blocking. The interior of the OL needs to be a high priority this offseason...we are killing ourselves by not being able to run the ball and being highly predictable in short yardage situations because we have no faith in attempting to run for the first downs...

Edwards, Schonert & Jauron suck