Will the Real Buffalo Bills fans please stand up....

As an avid follower of these posts, I find it funny how fickle Bills fans can be. We actively promote ourselves as some of the best fans in the NFL with an undying passion for our team; however, the minute something goes bad, like these past two weeks, everyone finds it open season to criticize and nit-pick this team to death and deny ourselves of any chance of making the playoffs.

Yes - I understand the frustration of not being to the playoffs in what seems like an eternity.

Yes - I understand this team has faults, like most other teams in the NFL do.

Yes - I do share some of the same concerns most of you have posted about on the stadium wall.

However, what we have here is something special, something we haven't had in a long long time - A FIRST place team after 8 games. I could sit here and criticize our IL, coaches, Edwards recent troubles with turnovers as well, but I won't. If someone told me in the beginning of the year the Bills would be 5-3 at this point in the season, I would've taken it in a heartbeat as I'm sure each and every realistic Bills fan would have. What today represents is a key divisional match up that if won by the Bills puts them right in the forefront of the division again and will bring a sense of calmness to One Bills Drive. However, if lost - this does not represent an end to our hopes of making the playoffs as we have a very favorable schedule coming up and by the time we play our divisional games for the second time around, we should hopefully have some of our key guys back from injury.

So I encourage each one of us who bleeds red, white, and blue like I do to put away the negativity and stand behind this team. No matter what happens, we will continue to love and support this team because this is our passion - this is who we are as Buffalo Bills fans.

So in conclusion - Will the real Buffalo Bills fan please stand up???? and reply to this post with some support for our team which shows we aren't some fair weathered fans who turn our back on our team during a time of adversity. Let's begin to act like we are the BEST fans in the NFL as we proclaim ourselves to be.

As an avid follower of these posts, I find it funny how fickle Bills fans can be. We actively promote ourselves as some of the best fans in the NFL with an undying passion for our team; however, the minute something goes bad, like these past two weeks, everyone finds it open season to criticize and nit-pick this team to death and deny ourselves of any chance of making the playoffs.

Yes - I understand the frustration of not being to the playoffs in what seems like an eternity.

Yes - I do share some of the same concerns most of you have posted about on the stadium wall.

However, what we have here is something special, something we haven't had in a long long time - A FIRST place team after 8 games. I could sit here and criticize our IL, coaches, Edwards recent troubles with turnovers as well, but I won't. If someone told me in the beginning of the year the Bills would be 5-3 at this point in the season, I would've taken it in a heartbeat as I'm sure each and every realistic Bills fan would have. What today represents is a key divisional match up that if won by the Bills puts them right in the forefront of the division again and will bring a sense of calmness to One Bills Drive. However, if lost - this does not represent an end to our hopes of making the playoffs as we have a very favorable schedule coming up and by the time we play our divisional games for the second time around, we should hopefully have some of our key guys back from injury.

So I encourage each one of us who bleeds red, white, and blue like I do to put away the negativity and stand behind this team. No matter what happens, we will continue to love and support this team because this is our passion - this is who we are as Buffalo Bills fans.

So in conclusion - Will the real Buffalo Bills fan please stand up???? and reply to this post with some support for our team which shows we aren't some fair weathered fans who turn our back on our team during a time of adversity. Let's begin to act like we are the BEST fans in the NFL as we proclaim ourselves to be.

Hell yeah, brother. I've been doing my best to battle all the chicken littles over the past two weeks. People just fail to see the big picture. The only that matters in the game of football (or any other sport) is your record. We're 5-3 and people are panicking because we've lost two straight. If we had started the season off with 3 straight losses and then won the next 5, this board would be an entirely different, optimistic place.

I say we take it to the Cheatriots today 24-13.

LET'S GO BUFFALLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

THE BILLS MAKE ME WANNA SHOUT

Look, I'm a real Bills fan. I never miss a game, and whenever I'm in Buffalo and the Bills are home, I'm at the Ralph. I proudly wear my Thurman jersey and Bills hat, and I'm proud to be a Buffalonian. I live and die with team almost as much as I did when I was 14 and living in Parkside. I'm a fan.

BUT. I'm not a rosy scenario homer. Today is damn close to being a must-win game, and all signs point to us losing. To say that doesn't make one a bad fan -- it makes one a realistic fan.

Look, I'm a real Bills fan. I never miss a game, and whenever I'm in Buffalo and the Bills are home, I'm at the Ralph. I proudly wear my Thurman jersey and Bills hat, and I'm proud to be a Buffalonian. I live and die with team almost as much as I did when I was 14 and living in Parkside. I'm a fan.

BUT. I'm not a rosy scenario homer. Today is damn close to being a must-win game, and all signs point to us losing. To say that doesn't make one a bad fan -- it makes one a realistic fan.

My sentiments exactly, only I live nowhere near Buffalo and don't get to attend any games. I also don't have a Thurman jersey, but I do have a Lynch jersey. I do watch every single game I can though. If I have to work, like today, I'm screwed though. The Honeywell Internet filter doesn't allow streaming downloads. :rolleyes:

I love these posts about being a "real" fan, whatever the hell that means.

I think I'm as passionate as most Bills fans, if I wasn't I'd find something better to do than to be continually disappointed and crushed on Sunday afternoons.

To be skeptical of a team doesn't mean one isn't a true fan, and I'm very skeptical. I've been to every Bills game at Gillette for the past 5 years and watched this team not even SHOW UP at times while getting heckled by the worst fans in the NFL, Pats* fans.

This is a must win for this team in my opinion. 0-3 in the division is not acceptable. I'm tired of relying on other teams to lose games instead of counting on ours to WIN the ones they need.

We are going backward, getting worse, while NE is getting better. I want with all my heart to see us get out there and kick NE's ass in the trenches, shove them around, and win a close one. If we do that, we go to the playoffs. If we play hard and still lose, I can accept that and think we have a chance albeit a slim one to make the playoffs.

If we go out there and lay another egg in NE, this team's fragile confidence is going to be crushed and I don't think we are going anywhere. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not a rosy scenario homer. Today is damn close to being a must-win game, and all signs point to us losing. To say that doesn't make one a bad fan -- it makes one a realistic fan.

Pretty much where I'm coming from...

Look I believe in the power of positive thoughts...I think collectively they can move mountains...But I don't expect it much from Bills Fans anymore...And for good reason...Looking at this thing with blinders on is just setting yourself up for a bigger letdown...I think this Team has the talent to be a Playoff Team...Then they go out and completely blow 2 Games against inferior Teams...ONE AT HOME...Unacceptable...They play REAL soft at times on Offense and Defense...Both Lines get out-desired too often...And now the injury bug is back...

One day this Team is going to step up and Win a Game at NE...When they do I'll say they have arrived...But until then count me in with those who are not ready for the kool-aid quite yet...It's going to take a collective toughness to Win up there that The Bills have yet to show...They're Young...They'll get there...Hopefully soon...Maybe today? But you can't blame Bills Fans who doubt it... :rolleyes:

Finally a voice of reason in the fog!! :rolleyes::angry:

Hell yeah, brother. I've been doing my best to battle all the chicken littles over the past two weeks. People just fail to see the big picture. The only that matters in the game of football (or any other sport) is your record. We're 5-3 and people are panicking because we've lost two straight. If we had started the season off with 3 straight losses and then won the next 5, this board would be an entirely different, optimistic place.

:rolleyes: I'll drink to that :angry:

GO BILLS!!!!!

Finally, a voice of reason. Thank You! Beating NE in Foxboro isn't going to be easy without schoebel and whitner but if we win all of our non-divisional games and only lose 1 out of 3 remaining divisional games, 10-6 may be good enough to get a wild-card..

What if they had told you we would start out 4-0?

One of the CBS Keys to the Game today is "Man Up and play like an NFL Football Team", directed at our O-Line. I'd extend this challenge to the D-Line, AND the Special Teams. Because REAL fans recognize when their guys go from playing well to not playing well, because we're more aware of the little things that go into the games we watch than other fans are. Don't be jealous. Be like us.

I take it one game at a time, and I really believe the Bills can pull off the upset. (and please, I do not Billieve).

Been here since 1964, when I shook Tom Day's hand.

Look, up in the sky

It's a bird

It's a plane

It's a frog

Frogs can't fly

It's UNDERDOG!

One game at a time KOK.

Enjoy the game! :rolleyes:

Rock

Pretty much where I'm coming from...

Look I believe in the power of positive thoughts...I think collectively they can move mountains...But I don't expect it much from Bills Fans anymore...And for good reason...Looking at this thing with blinders on is just setting yourself up for a bigger letdown...I think this Team has the talent to be a Playoff Team...Then they go out and completely blow 2 Games against inferior Teams...ONE AT HOME...Unacceptable...They play REAL soft at times on Offense and Defense...Both Lines get out-desired too often...And now the injury bug is back...

One day this Team is going to step up and Win a Game at NE...When they do I'll say they have arrived...But until then count me in with those who are not ready for the kool-aid quite yet...It's going to take a collective toughness to Win up there that The Bills have yet to show...They're Young...They'll get there...Hopefully soon...Maybe today? But you can't blame Bills Fans who doubt it... :angry:

This team finishes with less than 8 wins, I absolutely guarantee it.

The Chicken Littles will prevail.

This team finishes with less than 8 wins, I absolutely guarantee it.

The Chicken Littles will prevail.

Agreed, maybe even 7-9. It's almost amusing that we're having such a difficult time with the patriots right now and they're without Tom Brady. How bad is this franchise? We don't even have hope when the best team in our division loses its best player. Its pathetic.

No one wants this team to win more than I do. No one. But does that mean I think they will? Hell no. This three-game stretch has exposed this team for what it really is, and I'm kicking myself for getting excited about them in September.

Yeah. September was a Mirage. Lucky win against the Raiders. Almost go down to the Rams. I got my hopes up too. Looking back, those games look ALOT different now...

I drive around Seattle in my red truck plastered with Bills magnets, antenna ball etc...secure in the knowledge that no-one here will laugh at me because the Seahawks, Huskies, Cougars, and Mariners all suck...and the Sonics are gone (they still suck though).

It's just a game. I see a lot of promise for the Bills and I am not ready to give up on them. I sat in the stands with the flakes in 1985-85, bought season tickets in 1986 and still have them. If that's a fan, I am a fan. The only difference is that I don't feel like slitting my wrists on Mondays any more.

i said this team was a fraud at 4-0 and i am very sorry to report i am still correct. buncha fukn sallies. this endless year-after-year treadmill to nowhere is killing my interest in football altogether. maybe after 38 years i need a new hobby on sundays.

WILL THE REAL BUFFALO BILLS !@#$ING STAND UP ?!

What a bunch of !@#$ing losers. Totally disgusting. :wallbash:

I couldnt have said it better. And most of the blame again goes on the gutless Douche Jauron. The players grow to reflect the HC. Gutless Douchebags....

I hate threads like this. The amount of money some of us pay for either season tickets or Direct Ticket gives us the right to voice our opinion. Without us, there is no team. We are buying a product and if that product isn't satisfactory, then we are allowed to complain.

Fact is, our product sucks. It promises one thing, and then delivers another. Then, we are blamed for not paying enough money for the product, so they threaten to take the product away from us.

Seriously, get bent.

I hate threads like this. The amount of money some of us pay for either season tickets or Direct Ticket gives us the right to voice our opinion. Without us, there is no team. We are buying a product and if that product isn't satisfactory, then we are allowed to complain.

Fact is, our product sucks. It promises one thing, and then delivers another. Then, we are blamed for not paying enough money for the product, so they threaten to take the product away from us.

Seriously, get bent.

Right on! :wallbash:

I'm with you. I've been a Bills fan all my life (and always will be). Best thing I ever did though was drop Sunday ticket after the Home Run Throwback game. About this time of year, I can always at least be happy I didn't spend $ on this crappy product.

It's pretty bad if the only jersey you'd consider buying is the punter.

I'm sorry, but it's hard to watch this team week in and week out give the game away. After the Cards loss, it's like this team has no passion; from the coaching staff down to the players.

There is no imagination or aggressiveness in the play calling. The offensive line is overpaid and over rated. There is no trust in the run game; on 3-1 they pass, pass, and pass again. The defensive line can't get any pressure with just four down linemen. Where the hell is the aggressiveness that Fewell bragged about all preseason? Every team has injuries, but they play. No one on this team is stepping up.

This team is packing it in and has no heart. We will be lucky to have an 8-8 season at the very best. The 49ers, Browns and KC games are not going to be easy.