A Message for Obama Detractors

it's called the lesser of two evils...

If I hear that stupid excuse one more time...

Its called wake up! Calling John McCain evil is ridiculous. I got it when Bush ran. And everyone was in crazy hatred of the guy, and the guy on the other side was Kerry. Yeah, lesser of two evils, I get it, they're both shady.

But to be honest, just say you're liberal. There is no lesser of two evils in this race. There is either you like McCain, or you pretend you like Obama because that seems like the thing to do. Saying it's a lesser of two evils is such a cop out.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I hear that stupid excuse one more time...

Its called wake up! Calling John McCain evil is ridiculous. I got it when Bush ran. And everyone was in crazy hatred of the guy, and the guy on the other side was Kerry. Yeah, lesser of two evils, I get it, they're both shady.

But to be honest, just say you're liberal. There is no lesser of two evils in this race. There is either you like McCain, or you pretend you like Obama because that seems like the thing to do. Saying it's a lesser of two evils is such a cop out.

I guess 62,443,218 Americans pretended to like Obama huh?

And millions of people do believe Obama has the nation's best interest at heart and voted for him. This was the most informed electorate ever. You can choose to disagree, but part of the reason McCain lost was his negative rhetoric and outright lies was easily fact-checked within seconds of it being spewed. You and yours love to throw around terms like "sheeple" and "lemming" because you have this impression that everyone except for you are stupid. We are not. I proudly cast my vote for Barack Obama because he is exactly who I wanted to be President, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that when his chapter in history finally comes to a close eight years from now this country will be far better off than it is today, and it will be better off because he was the President.

Set aside your overzealous, patronizing extremism and go reread what I posted. Here's a little hint: point out where I said Obama didn't have the nation's interests at heart?

The electorate has nothing more than their self-interest at heart. The idea that the electorate voted for what's best for the nation is incredibly naieve.

Set aside your overzealous, patronizing extremism and go reread what I posted. Here's a little hint: point out where I said Obama didn't have the nation's interests at heart?

The electorate has nothing more than their self-interest at heart. The idea that the electorate voted for what's best for the nation is incredibly naieve.

I'd rather be naive than jaded and paranoid.

The nation be damned, I want somebody to pay for my gas and mortgage.

That reminds me, my tank is getting low. Will Obama come and pump it himself or just cut me a check. If I have to do it myself, I expect to be paid a fair wage for my time

The nation be damned, I want somebody to pay for my gas and mortgage.

That reminds me, my tank is getting low. Will Obama come and pump it himself or just cut me a check. If I have to do it myself, I expect to be paid a fair wage for my time

I just slipped on the floor and the loving hand of Obama was not there to catch me... :blink:

I don't believe Obama has the nation's best interests at heart any more than I believe Bush has the best interests of the nation at heart.

Every citizen gets a vote. Read your Constitution.

Good for them. Everyone should vote.

And for the next trick, you'll prove that the electorate was more informed for this election over past elections, rather than just going out and voting for their guy in bigger numbers than before.

Best for the nation out of the choices they had.

And for the next trick, you'll prove that the electorate was more informed for this election over past elections, rather than just going out and voting for their guy in bigger numbers than before.

Actually, a huge portion of the nation was way more informed than in any other election (on both sides and on no sides) because of the Internet. And a lot of the factcheck places. They were also, unfortunately, a lot more misinformed, too, because of the Internet, and the garbage that was spewed (on both sides) by the explosion of the blogosphere.

One of the main reasons Obama won, however, was a highly informed public of college kids and young adults and first time voters (especially in targeted areas) who ALL were all over the net. They weren't at all just lemmings doing as they were told. They surely were kool-aid drinkers but that's not the same thing. They knew their stuff (well, the stuff for their side) and they put it into action.

Yes, I know what I said, you intestinal bug. Read it AGAIN, without your preconceptions getting in your way.

I know exactly what you said you giant-headed mutant, and I know the post you were responding to. Do you, or do you not agree with Sage that Obama has the nation's best interest at heart? Your cynical response would suggest you do not. My response was that millions do believe he has the nation's best interest at heart, and that is why they voted for him.

I know exactly what you said you giant-headed mutant, and I know the post you were responding to. Do you, or do you not agree with Sage that Obama has the nation's best interest at heart? Your cynical response would suggest you do not. My response was that millions do believe he has the nation's best interest at heart, and that is why they voted for him.

Johnny, before the name-calling gets out of hand, I think the point Tom was trying to make is that at the end of the day, the nation INDIVIDUALLY, still votes for themselves, the individual. In the case of Obama, these voters still voted individually but under the guise of "the best interests of the nation."

The people who truly voted for what they thought was best for the country are few and far between. Humans typically look out for themselves before others. Sad reality but reality nonetheless.

Johnny, before the name-calling gets out of hand, I think the point Tom was trying to make is that at the end of the day, the nation INDIVIDUALLY, still votes for themselves, the individual. In the case of Obama, these voters still voted individually but under the guise of "the best interests of the nation."

The people who truly voted for what they thought was best for the country are few and far between. Humans typically look out for themselves before others. Sad reality but reality nonetheless.

:blink:

I've waited eight years and I'm scrapping for a fight, damn it!

Actually, a huge portion of the nation was way more informed than in any other election (on both sides and on no sides) because of the Internet. And a lot of the factcheck places. They were also, unfortunately, a lot more misinformed, too, because of the Internet, and the garbage that was spewed (on both sides) by the explosion of the blogosphere.

One of the main reasons Obama won, however, was a highly informed public of college kids and young adults and first time voters (especially in targeted areas) who ALL were all over the net. They weren't at all just lemmings doing as they were told. They surely were kool-aid drinkers but that's not the same thing. They knew their stuff (well, the stuff for their side) and they put it into action.

Yet, on the countless news snippets of supporters' interviews, I couldn't find much evidence that the electorate was more informed, rather than just voting for change. Taking into account selective media bias, there was scant evidence here that the electorate was more informed, rather than just voting for change. Can't really blame them, as much of the platform was about change, and very little on the issues and previous experience.

Kind of like enthusiastically rooting for an athletically gifted QB who had no coaching and virtually no big game college experience to replace an aging statuesque QB, because it couldn't possibly get any worse.

Yet, on the countless news snippets of supporters' interviews, I couldn't find much evidence that the electorate was more informed, rather than just voting for change. Taking into account selective media bias, there was scant evidence here that the electorate was more informed, rather than just voting for change. Can't really blame them, as much of the platform was about change, and very little on the issues and previous experience.

Kind of like enthusiastically rooting for an athletically gifted QB who had no coaching and virtually no big game college experience to replace an aging statuesque QB, because it couldn't possibly get any worse.

Well, he got 62 million votes. There were a lot of both types. :blink: