A Message for Obama Detractors

One of the main reasons Obama won, however, was a highly informed public of college kids and young adults and first time voters (especially in targeted areas) who ALL were all over the net. They weren't at all just lemmings doing as they were told. They surely were kool-aid drinkers but that's not the same thing. They knew their stuff (well, the stuff for their side) and they put it into action.

You forgot GW Bush. I'd attribute the oBama win with W more than anything else.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you said you giant-headed mutant, and I know the post you were responding to. Do you, or do you not agree with Sage that Obama has the nation's best interest at heart? Your cynical response would suggest you do not. My response was that millions do believe he has the nation's best interest at heart, and that is why they voted for him.

I BELIEVE THAT OBAMA HAS THE NATION'S BEST INTERESTS AT HEART AS MUCH AS I DO THAT BUSH HAS THE NATION'S BEST INTERESTS AT HEART.

My "cynical" response is nothing of the kind; it's your cynical interpretation that's getting in the way. Don't blame your preconceptions on me. And don't throw a "millions disagree with you" line at me when you can't even figure out what I said.

You forgot GW Bush. I'd attribute the oBama win with W more than anything else.

There were numerous reasons, hence I used the term "one of the main reasons".

Honestly, I strongly believe that this candidate would have beaten Bush in either of the previous elections. Gore and Kerry were terrible candidates with no personalities running terrible and erratic campaigns with lousy organizations making oft- stupid decisions with not as much money as their opponents. Gore still won the popular vote and Kerry was close. If (this) Obama was the democratic candidate in those races and not them, I think he wins the Presidency. I say "this" Obama meaning that he couldn't have done it four or eight years ago as a 43 or 39 year old state senator. But if the Obama we had this year was around back then, he would have beaten Bush, probably easily.

There were numerous reasons, hence I used the term "one of the main reasons".

Honestly, I strongly believe that this candidate would have beaten Bush in either of the previous elections. Gore and Kerry were terrible candidates with no personalities running terrible and erratic campaigns with lousy organizations making oft- stupid decisions with not as much money as their opponents. Gore still won the popular vote and Kerry was close. If (this) Obama was the democratic candidate in those races and not them, I think he wins the Presidency. I say "this" Obama meaning that he couldn't have done it four or eight years ago as a 43 or 39 year old state senator. But if the Obama we had this year was around back then, he would have beaten Bush, probably easily.

I just couldn't believe you didnt mention him. :blink:

I could agree on the Kerry analogy not the Gore.

I BELIEVE THAT OBAMA HAS THE NATION'S BEST INTERESTS AT HEART AS MUCH AS I DO THAT BUSH HAS THE NATION'S BEST INTERESTS AT HEART.

My "cynical" response is nothing of the kind; it's your cynical interpretation that's getting in the way. Don't blame your preconceptions on me. And don't throw a "millions disagree with you" line at me when you can't even figure out what I said.

Well, then I was wrong and owe you an apology.

Well, then I was wrong and owe you an apology.

HEY!! He cant have all the apologies!! You have to spread those around!! Just because you can afford to apologize doesn't mean nobody else doesn't get an apology, Christ. Spread them freakin around, man!!

:blink:

BTW, your award is in the mail. :unsure:

Ya I agree. Also, I think him being black helped him in the primaries. Otherwise.. no way he beat clinton.

........also the media. IMO, without the media on his side he doesnt beat Hillary. Even if the media supported McStupid I still think he would have lost.

........also the media. IMO, without the media on his side he doesnt beat Hillary. Even if the media supported McStupid I still think he would have lost.

People have such a distorted memory about the Democratic primary, and the media's fawning over candidates, as well as Hillary's transformation and "comeback".

Mc Cain would have won with the media , look what it did for the Communist. Oh and Libs you have been set up :oops: