Defend Trent Now

Virgil

Check out the Video Link go to 1:30. AT 1:33 Trent receives the snap, at 1:35 he has to get rid of it before he gets killed.

I'm not saying that his protection didn't suck. I'm just saying that throwing a pick-6 was not the right decision. It was a mistake that he made that I believe ended up costing the game. You are making it sound like he made the only possible decision

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that his protection didn't suck. I'm just saying that throwing a pick-6 was not the right decision. It was a mistake that he made that I believe ended up costing the game. You are making it sound like he made the only possible decision

No schitt....he was trying to complete the pass. I'm pretty sure if he new the outcome, he might have done something different. What do you think his othe options were (with little time to react)?

Are there really still people here who think that JP Losman is even half as smart as Edwards is? He has a fantastic arm, and if he ever gets a coach that lets him run when he gets confused by the reads, or even creates DESIGNED runs for him, he might actually be fun to watch. But he simply can't make his reads, or throw short quick passes accurately, and these are not opinions, these are proven facts. Big whoop. The supporting cast is still not as full of primetime players as it needs to be, and the playcalling is still mediocre, so EITHER QB is gonna have major bad days occasionally, until THOSE two things are addressed. Can't be consistent if your Captains and coaches are not that good, can you?

Are there really still people here who think that JP Losman is even half as smart as Edwards is? He has a fantastic arm, and if he ever gets a coach that lets him run when he gets confused by the reads, or even creates DESIGNED runs for him, he might actually be fun to watch. But he simply can't make his reads, or throw short quick passes accurately, and these are not opinions, these are proven facts. Big whoop. The supporting cast is still not as full of primetime players as it needs to be, and the playcalling is still mediocre, so EITHER QB is gonna have major bad days occasionally, until THOSE two things are addressed. Can't be consistent if your Captains and coaches are not that good, can you?

You do know that the claim that JP doesn't throw short accuratly is a myth, right? JPs completion percentage on short passes (and long for that matter) was better than that of Trent's last year. Those numbers (broken down by yardage) have been posted on this board more than once. Also JP was more accurate this past pre-season and also this year in the time he has played. So for Trent's career in Buffalo, JP has a higher completion percentage both short and overall. That is a fact. I don't have time to dig for last year's numbers but if you look, that is exactly what you'll find with absolute certainty.

As for the rest of your "proven facts". We really don't know the coaches reasons for making the change and probably never will. This is not to say that Trent won't be a very good starter. We've seen evidence of that. JP with a fresh start may be as well as you pointed out.

No schitt....he was trying to complete the pass. I'm pretty sure if he new the outcome, he might have done something different. What do you think his othe options were (with little time to react)?

Aaron Rogers, 6 years $66 million. Trent needs to get his act together. A lot of money at stake.

I'm not a JP supporter, I'm a Bills fan. When JP had fumbles or Int's and people defended him, everyone just accused them of making excuses for their boy. Trent, has now given away two straight division games. He is doing exactly what he did last year of having a strong first few games, and then mediocre at best. I'm sorry, but Trent has not proved anything yet.

Now, I know there are some "Trent can do no wrong" fans out there. So please, defend the guy who just wasted a 4-1 start to me.

Bills from 1-3 in last 4 games. Playoffs?!?!?!

Trent is the best QB we've had since Kelly ..... He's only 2 years old for christs sake.

You do know that the claim that JP doesn't throw short accuratly is a myth, right? JPs completion percentage on short passes (and long for that matter) was better than that of Trent's last year. Those numbers (broken down by yardage) have been posted on this board more than once. Also JP was more accurate this past pre-season and also this year in the time he has played. So for Trent's career in Buffalo, JP has a higher completion percentage both short and overall. That is a fact. I don't have time to dig for last year's numbers but if you look, that is exactly what you'll find with absolute certainty.

As for the rest of your "proven facts". We really don't know the coaches reasons for making the change and probably never will. This is not to say that Trent won't be a very good starter. We've seen evidence of that. JP with a fresh start may be as well as you pointed out.

For a QB with such amazing stats, you would think JP would be a lot better, huh?

I can't believe someone is actually bringing up JP's pre-season completion percentage into this...if that was relevant, Edwards would have been the starter, week one last season... :angry:

yet when losman had performances like this, it was excuses...

you can't have it both ways. edwards played like crap.

Losman had performances like this? Trent threw for 289 yards averaging 8.3 yards per pass attempt. This, on a day when the Jets had no reason whatsoever to show the slightest hint of respect to the Bills' running game.

That's a very solid body of work, except for the three turnovers. As for those three turnovers . . . the first interception wouldn't have happened had Parrish not slipped. The fumble was a result of a missed block. The second interception was a poorly thrown ball.

There were some things Edwards could have done better today, as he'd be the first to tell you. But quite frankly, your assessment of his play makes you seem eager to lay the Bills' offensive problems at his feet, whether he's responsible for them or not. Overall, Edwards is one of a very small number of bright spots on our offense. Expect things to look brighter once Reed returns.

I'm FAR FAR more concerned about a defense that allows a drive of 8:41, after seizing the momentum and once again puts the offense in a bad position.

GO BILLS!!!

Take away the 10 points off of turnovers and the defense gave up 16 points. The defense is fine. Should be good enough to win against a team with a bad defense. Take away our points on turnovers and our offense scored 10 points. Not good enough to win against hardly anybody.

Like it or not, when the offense does good the QB gets the credit. When they do bad, the QB gets the grief. That's just the way it is.

Trent did fine most of the game, but bottom line, he's got to stop turning over the freakin' football.

I'm not a JP supporter, I'm a Bills fan. When JP had fumbles or Int's and people defended him, everyone just accused them of making excuses for their boy. Trent, has now given away two straight division games. He is doing exactly what he did last year of having a strong first few games, and then mediocre at best. I'm sorry, but Trent has not proved anything yet.

Now, I know there are some "Trent can do no wrong" fans out there. So please, defend the guy who just wasted a 4-1 start to me.

Bills from 1-3 in last 4 games. Playoffs?!?!?!

I don't have to. He will with the next 8 games. He has looked good in 5 games. "Stunk" in two games, we might as well trade him for a draft pick :angry:

That's a very solid body of work, except for the three turnovers. As for those three turnovers . . . the first interception wouldn't have happened had Parrish not slipped. The fumble was a result of a missed block. The second interception was a poorly thrown ball.

I'm sorry, but what? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Trent messed up. Why can't that just be the answer?

Listen, I don't want JP in the game. I like him, but Trent is better. But does that make him infallable? Trent lost this game for us. It's that simple. I don't understand how he got up so hign on this perch

I'm sorry, but what? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Trent messed up. Why can't that just be the answer?

Listen, I don't want JP in the game. I like him, but Trent is better. But does that make him infallable? Trent lost this game for us. It's that simple. I don't understand how he got up so hign on this perch

All the well thought out answers on this board didn't convince you of anything and I can't believe you are playing your thread out this long, why is everybody wasting time with arguing with you? OK, you win, TRENT cost us the game.

Happy now :angry:

BTW, you are a first class

buttplug.

I don't have to. He will with the next 8 games. He has looked good in 5 games. "Stunk" in two games, we might as well trade him for a draft pick :angry:
Edwards lucky Mularkys' not here,he would be bench after two bad games in a row.He wouldn't been given a chance to work through his mistakes.

Yeah, when the Jets don't have to defend the run, they can throw a bunch of people back to cover our receivers. That's why it looked like Trent held the ball a bit too long at times. The root in this case: lack of a decent running game to offest that sort of crap.
How many people out there thought A-train was a good running back?Last year when we lost to Jacksonville and New England two games in a row,he was our starting running back.Lynch was hurt and we weren't using Jackson that much then.Your are correct no running game doesn't help the QB .