Defend Trent Now

Virgil

This is the best line we've had here in five years, and while I realize that's not saying much, how come its only now that the O-line is finally exposed now that Trent is starting? Sorry, but I think it's you who needs to get his head out of the dirt.

:thumbdown: Did that "best line we've had here in five years" PLAY really well today? Sheesh, people.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best line we've had here in five years, and while I realize that's not saying much, how come its only now that the O-line is finally exposed now that Trent is starting? Sorry, but I think it's you who needs to get his head out of the dirt.

Best line in 5 years???

BTW, finally exposed cause Trent is starting?? Nope, they were expose a long time ago.

It takes a few weeks of game tape when the opposition realizes YOU CAN'T RUN THE BALL and

tee's off on the QB. If Trent had ANY protection or run blocking, this would have been a much

different game.

Yeah, that's it. Way to see the big picture.

WOW! I feel as if I've been saved!

How could I believe that the O-line, D-line, pass rush, run defense, run blocking,

pass blocking, injured WR's, poor coaching, injured DE's have anything to do with

this loss? How dare me!

THANK YOU FOR POINTING IT OUT TO ME THAT TRENT IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM!!

Wow! I find it very interesting that all of those facets of the game were not issues when JP lost games! Yet, it is virtually the same schemes, the same or better players. Now I know none of these factors existed back a few games ago when we lost the Arizona game. In that game, it was simply JP. Of course, any poor play by those other facets of the game were simply because Trent wasn't in there inspiring them to better things.

Wonder where all that inspiration went over the last few games?

And if he isn't? JP Losman is not going to come in and fix things. So yes, it's stupid. Your point basically is that Trent supporters are somehow hypocrites. Who the hell cares.

I don't think it's so stupid after reading this thread, the point that Trent supporters are HYPOCRITES is dead on.

I can empathize with the OP, because my fuzzy memory doesn't ever recall JP getting a similar pass from the fans. No pocket awareness, takes too long to read plays, turnover machine. Sound familiar?

Oh wait, the run game was invisible and Bills couldn't stop the opposition when they needed to. Sound familiar?

Let's revisit another great quote:

"So with Trent out there I don't have any worries at all. I sit on the bench, drink a little water, a little Gatorade and I glance over at the scoreboard. We need him out there. I felt like if we had him for the entire game against Arizona we might be sitting here talking about a 6-0 football team instead of 5-1. I really believe that."

Nostalgia is great, isn't it?

Oh, damn. :thumbdown::wallbash::lol:

I completely agree with you. I'm simply responding to Trent's play in the same manner all the Trentsters responded to JPs play last year. JP was often unfairly criticized. It's just Trent's turn now. This team has had a lot of bad play and coaching from a large cast the past couple weeks.

Fine, Trent though is a better QB than Losman. Not to sound like I'm a homer at all, but, Trent

has been a victim of poor play by the D and O-lines, while JP was a victim of his own poor play.

Trent is a much better QB who will only improve, while JP is an OK QB, who has only gotten worse.

I thought Edward played pretty well overall. His first pick was from Roscoe falling down, and his 2nd pick was his fault, but overall a good game. I know the box score doesn't reflect that, but he played very well with no running game.

Both picks looked like NY were the receivers. I don't blame him for the fumble. He was blindsided.

Fine, Trent though is a better QB than Losman. Not to sound like I'm a homer at all, but, Trent

has been a victim of poor play by the D and O-lines, while JP was a victim of his own poor play.

Trent is a much better QB who will only improve, while JP is an OK QB, who has only gotten worse.

i don't think there has been one person in here that said losman is better than edwards. what we're looking for here is consistency in criticism.

Why do people feel they have to rag on the few players actually doing their job? How about Corey McIntyre who whiffed his block when TE was sacked and fumbled? How about Jason Whittle totally oblivious of a Jets blitzer as he ran right by him? How about our fat tub-of-lard O-line that is so bad we have to abandon the running game so defenses just tee off on our pass game? How about or D-line that gave Favre all day?

Edwards had his share of bad plays but he didn't cost us the game. You think JP would be better? The AZ game proved otherwise. This team will never do anything until we fix our lines. That's the bottom line. Nothing else works until you do that.

PTR

Chief, one look at your avatar destroys any cedibility you might otherwise have. Period.

No - he didn't. He made a handful of bad plays that cost us 13 points and probably the game. However, there was an awful lot of good in there. The passing game moves very well - even w/o a running game.

Bingo. He made some plays and made some mistakes, it happens to every QB.

Did Peters throw a 92 yard pick right into the defender's hands when the Bills were in control of the game?

Football is a team game. Always was, always will be. Trent is part of the team and should take his fair share of the blame. But he shouldn't be the only one singled out. Everyone needs to stop being so over-dramatic!

It's funhy that when L9sman is in there it is all his fault but when Edwards plays it is a team game and the blame should be shared. Face it, Edwards has stunk up the field the last two games. Yes offensive line stuck, defense screwed up, but Edwards played like everyone says Losman plays.

Trent's taking the blame in his interview. Good start. Now let's hope his coaches know how to make him better. So far, I haven't seen a whole lot of great coaching, amking any of the guys actually better than they started, and that's a coaching issue.